American Barbell 7’ Stainless Steel Elite Series 20KG Needle Bearing Competition Olympic Lifting Bar by GP Industries – This finely crafted USA-made power bar conforms to IWF specifications for competition-style powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting applications. The GP Stainless Steel Olympic Bar is full commercial grade, perfect for heavy home use, high school, college, personal training studios, military, and commercial gym use.
An IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) Bar will have more spring, wider hand grip locating points, and Needle Bearings in rotating sleeves to provide quick rotation for Olympic style lifts. The knurl area spans all the way out to the sleeves to maximize grip area.
- IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) Approved Specifications
- NO Center Knurl
- Full commercial grade
- Bar heat treated, turned, ground and polished
- High strength stainless steel
- 190,000 psi tensile strength (breaking strength)
- Polished stainless steel sleeves with needle bearings allow ends to rotate smoothly
- Six concealed needle bearings
- Sleeves are stainless steel with extra thick hard chrome overlay for added hardness and durability during bumper training and corrosion resistance
- One piece welded ends that won’t fail or separate
- Bar diameter: 28mm (1.102”)
- Sleeve diameter: 50mm (1.965” +/- 0.003”)
- Weight: 20 kg (44.0925 lbs)
- Precision knurl allows for a positive grip
What are the advantages of a Stainless Bar vs. a Hard Chrome bar?
Stainless Steel provides superior corrosion resistance. In Salt spray testing (accelerated corrosion testing) a Hard Chrome Bar shows signs of rust in approximately 24 hours and a Stainless Bar goes beyond 120 hours. The big advantage is the Stainless Bar can be cosmetically touched up as needed if it rusts, where chrome cannot. You may also soften the knurl with sandpaper if desired. Hard Chrome is a non-corrosion resistant coating and NOT desirable in wet or humid environments.
Need to make a large purchase of weight bars for a fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS
Item Number: OB20-SS-NBCB ProdID_20464
Product Name: American Barbell 7’ Stainless Steel Elite Needle Bearing Competition Olympic Lifting Bar -- GP (OB20-SS-NBCB)
Manufacturer Part No: OB20-SS-NBCB