American Barbell 7’ Stainless Steel Elite Olympic Power Bar by GP Industries – This finely crafted USA-made power bar conforms to IPF specifications for competition-style powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting applications. The GP Stainless Steel Olympic Bar is full commercial grade, perfect for heavy home use, high school, college, personal training studios, military, and commercial gym use.
An IPF (International Powerlifting Federation) Bar will be stiffer, have a closer hand grip measurement and have bushings in the rotating sleeves to minimize rotation speed. The knurl area goes all the way out to the sleeves.
- IPF (International Powerlifting Federation) Approved Specifications
- Has Center Knurl
- Full commercial grade
- Bar heat treated, turned, ground and polished
- High strength stainless steel
- 190,000 psi tensile strength (breaking strength)
- Polished stainless steel sleeves with lubrication free bushings allow ends to rotate smoothly
- One piece welded ends that won’t fail or separate
- Bar diameter: 28.5mm (1.125”)
- Sleeve diameter: 50mm (1.965” +/- 0.003”)
- Weight: 44 lbs. (20kg)
- Precision knurl allows for a positive grip
What are the advantages of a Stainless Bar vs. a Hard Chrome bar?
Stainless Steel provides superior corrosion resistance. In Salt spray testing (accelerated corrosion testing) a Hard Chrome Bar shows signs of rust in approximately 24 hours and a Stainless Bar goes beyond 120 hours. The big advantage is the Stainless Bar can be cosmetically touched up as needed if it rusts, where chrome cannot. You may also soften the knurl with sandpaper if desired. Hard Chrome is a non-corrosion resistant coating and NOT desirable in wet or humid environments.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS
Item Number: OB20-SS-IPF ProdID_20461
Product Name: American Barbell 7’ Stainless Steel Elite Olympic Power Bar -- GP (OB20-SS-IPF)
Manufacturer Part No: OB20-SS-IPF