American Barbell 7’ Stainless Steel Elite Olympic Power Bar – This finely crafted USA-made power bar conforms to IPF specifications for competition-style powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting applications. The American Barbell Stainless Steel Olympic Bar is full commercial grade, perfect for heavy home use, high school, college, personal training studios, military, and commercial gym use. American Barbell Olympic bars were originally designed and distributed by GP Industries, and continue to be produced today under the American Barbell brand name with the same industry-respected engineering and commercial quality.
An IPF (International Powerlifting Federation) Bar will be stiffer, have a closer hand grip measurement and have bushings in the rotating sleeves to minimize rotation speed. The knurl area goes all the way out to the sleeves.
- IPF (International Powerlifting Federation) Approved Specifications
- Has Center Knurl
- Full commercial grade
- Bar heat treated, turned, ground and polished
- High strength stainless steel shaft
- 190,000 psi tensile strength (breaking strength)
- Sleeves are stainless steel with extra thick hard chrome overlay for added hardness and durability during bumper training and corrosion resistance
- Lubrication free bushings allow ends to rotate smoothly
- One piece welded ends that won’t fail or separate
- Bar diameter: 29mm (1.142”)
- Sleeve diameter: 50mm (1.965” +/- 0.003”)
- Loadable Sleeve Length: 16.338”
- Weight: 44 lbs. (20kg)
- Precision knurl allows for a positive grip
What are the advantages of a Stainless Bar vs. a Hard Chrome bar?
Stainless Steel provides superior corrosion resistance. In Salt spray testing (accelerated corrosion testing) a Hard Chrome Bar shows signs of rust in approximately 24 hours and a Stainless Bar goes beyond 120 hours. The big advantage is the Stainless Bar can be cosmetically touched up as needed if it rusts, where chrome cannot. You may also soften the knurl with sandpaper if desired. Hard Chrome is a non-corrosion resistant coating and NOT desirable in wet or humid environments.
Need to make a large purchase of strength equipment for your fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS
Item Number: OB20-SS-IPF ProdID_20461
Product Name: American Barbell 7’ Stainless Steel Elite Olympic Power Bar -- American Barbell (OB20-SS-IPF)
Manufacturer Part No: OB20-SS-IPF