Proformance Plus PPF-718 Glute-Ham Bench - The Proformance Plus Glute-Ham Bench by TuffStuff provides a safe and effective way to train your entire posterior chain - hamstrings, glutes, lower back, and even calves. The main advantage of glute-ham raises over other popular posterior chain exercises like deadlifts and Romanian deadlifts is that they produce comparably far less spinal shearing forces. As such, the GHR, as it is commonly abbreviated, is an excellent choice for those with back issues to safely train the spinal erectors.
There are many ways to make glute-ham raises more or less difficult, depending on your current strength level and familiarity with the movement, and fine tuning is easy with the Proformance Plus Glute-Ham Bench. The entire footplate carriage moves forwards and backwards smoothly on a linear bearing assisted track with a simple pop pin adjustment. Moving the footplate closer to the thigh pad increases the exercise’s difficulty by increasing the length of the lever arm (the lifter’s torso). The foot support itself is also adjustable vertically with a second pop pin. Moving the foot support upwards also increases the exercise’s difficulty by moving the knees more on top of the pad as opposed to behind it. With the knees set higher on the pad, you have less leverage to push against. Other ways to make glute-ham raises more challenging include adding resistance by holding a weight across your chest, wearing a weighted vest or chains, or placing one end of a resistance band around the back of your neck and the other end around a fixed object such as the base of the machine.
Other popular uses for the versatile glute-ham bench include back raises/extensions (an easier progression for those not yet strong enough for glute-ham raises) and Roman chair sit-ups. You can even face the thickly padded thigh pads, lay your stomach across them, and perform popular reverse back raises with or without added resistance from ankle weights or a resistance band. Move the footplate carriage close to the thigh pads and position the foot support in the low position so that you can grasp the handle for support.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Glute-Ham Bench Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 70” L x 34” W x 46” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Footplate Carriage: Moves smoothly on linear bearing assisted track with a simple pop pin adjustment
- Foot Support: Easy up and down foot roller and diamond plate footplate adjustment with pop pin
- Thigh Rollers: Large diameter thigh rollers are densely padded to comfortably support both the lifter’s weight and added resistance
- Assist Handles: Non-slip assist handles located at the front and back of the machine help users properly position themselves before each set and help them exit when finished
- Feet: Includes rubber stabilizer feet to help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 195 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Glute-Ham Bench?:
- Train your entire posterior chain without the spinal shearing forces of deadlift variations
- Move footplate carriage backwards and forwards on linear bearing assisted track both to increase or decrease difficulty and to accommodate height differences
- Foot support adjusts up and down quickly with pop pin to vary leverage and make movement more or less challenging
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Looking to make a bulk purchase of fitness equipment for your fitness studio or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification before the delivery is made.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPF-718 ProdID_20046
Product Name: Proformance Plus Glute-Ham Bench -- Tuff Stuff (PPF-718)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPF-718