Marcy Olympic Bench Press w/Walk-In Squat for Home Gyms - The Marcy MD-857 is more than just an Olympic Weight Lifting Bench for use in the home or garage gyms. The 857 integrates numerous exercise capabilities within a manageable footprint responsible for adding
strength and mass to the upper body as well as the lower body. The MD-857 is for the home gym enthusiast that wants more out of a bench than most basic bench presses offer. It is also great for those that would like to go above and beyond simply toning and becoming more flexible. If
you’ve got a passion for fitness and want to pack on the gains in the comfort and convenience of your own home, then the MD-857 by Marcy just may be for you.
If you’re a parent that is considering purchasing a bench press or home gym for their child, the first and foremost qualification should be safety. For starters, the MD-857 is made from robust 2” x 2” and 2.5” x 2.5” steel tubing with a thickness of 14 gauge. Combined, this gives the 857 a total weight
capacity of 600 lbs. The 857 features wide uprights to accommodate a 7’ bar. This not only allows wider bar gripping options, but helps to better balance the bar when changing weight plates and also increases the overall stability of the bench while in use. Integrated safety catches can be a lifters best friend when
lifting at home and suddenly gassing out during a set of bench presses. While safety catches will never take the place of a good spotter, they are very helpful in catching the bar when the upper bar catches can’t be reached.
What sets the Marcy MD-857 Olympic Bench Press apart from the average basic Olympic Bench designed for home use? Most basic bench presses are “chest dominant” meaning they are great for targeting the pecs but not much else. Training the chest is only a small sliver of what the MD-857 is capable of.
Bench angle adjustments on the 857 involve a pop-pin directly under the bench seat and a crossbar in the back. Marcy includes a sliding seat mechanism which brings it closer to the uprights the more the angle increases. This is very important for correctly positioning the lifter within reach of the bar, particularly
for the incline and military press. A preacher curl pad and bar are included for safely performing bicep curls. The preacher curl bar is attached between the two leg curl foam rollers with resistance being provided via Olympic weight plates loaded directly underneath on the weight horn. The arm pad is adjustable in height
to accommodate any size user and removes completely when ready to train legs. For legs, the 857 includes both a seated leg extension for the quads and a lying leg curl for the hamstrings. Like the arm curl pad, the resistance of the leg developer is supplied from Olympic weight plates loaded onto the weight horn.
For overall leg development, nothing beats squats! And the 857 includes a walk-in squat feature directly in the back of the uprights, which can also be used to rack the barbell for numerous other exercises such as lunges and free-standing overhead presses. And keeping your plates nearby for quick weight changes
is easy thanks to the two weight horns located directly under the squat bar catches. This not only makes changing out your barbell weights convenient, but also adds to the stability of the bench.
Have a question about this Residential Olympic Bench w/Squat Feature or need a quick custom quote? Call an Ironcompany.com Home Gym Equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcy Olympic Weight Training Station Features and Specs:
- Frame Construction: 2.5” x 2.5” x 14-gauge square steel tubing
- Padding: Comfortable 2” thick, high density deluxe boxed upholstery
- Back Pad Adjustments: Adjusting back pad angles include decline, flat, incline and military
- Seat Pad Adjustments: Pop-pin adjustable seat pad slides forward and backward to put lifter in proper position depending on angle of the back pad
- Bicep Developer: Includes adjustable height preacher curl pad and pivoting handle. Preacher curl pad and handle are removable when using leg developer
- Leg Developer: Includes low foam rollers for seated leg extensions and high foam rollers for lying leg curls with pivot point that aligns with knee joints and locking mechanism for performing abdominal exercises
- Leg/Bicep Developer Resistance: Plate loaded. Uses Olympic barbell plates with 2” diameter hole
- Walk-In Squat Feature: Includes additional hooks on the back of the uprights for performing squats
- Spring Collar: Includes one Olympic spring collar to hold barbell plates on 2” diameter weight peg
- Weight Storage: Weight horns included on the back of the upright structures to keep plates nearby for quick weight changes during workouts
- Uprights: Club style “Akimbo” uprights feature detachable bar and safety catches for perfect bar height customization when pressing at any angle
- Upright Striker Plate: Diamond plate striker plate acts as a wear guard to protect powder coat finish on uprights during lift-off and re-racking
- Bar Compatibility: Use with 7’ Olympic bar and Olympic collars
- Weight Capacity: 600 lb. weight capacity including user weight
- Frame Finish: Durable and scratch resistant baked-on powder coat finish
- Uses: Home gyms, garage gyms and personal training studios
- Assembly: Assembly required
- Warranty: Manufacturers 2-Year Limited Warranty Against Defects
- Assembled Dimensions: 80” L x 47.5” W x 60” H
- Assembled Weight: 115 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 62” L x 22.5” W x 7” H (117 lbs.)
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS
Item Number: MD-857 ProdID_5425
Product Name: Olympic Bench Press w/Walk-In Squat For Home Gyms -- Marcy (MD-857)
Manufacturer Part No: MD-857