Proformance Plus PPF-710 Olympic Military Bench - The Proformance Plus Olympic Military Bench by TuffStuff is one of the most important pieces of equipment in your shoulder training workouts. A well designed deltoid training regimen will begin with a prime mover like military presses, or front presses as they are sometimes called. Sitting on a bench with back support to do your overhead pressing offers two primary advantages over standing. First, sitting eliminates any possibility of incorporating leg drive into the movement. This means the front, lateral, and rear delts must work together, along with some help from the triceps, to move the weight. Without any momentum generated by dipping the knees, as you might be tempted to do on a standing press, the deltoids must do the work throughout the entire range of motion, leading to superior size and strength gains. Second, the slight angle of the backrest, and the ability to adjust it forwards and backwards with the convenient pop pin, allows you to eliminate any lower back strain you might experience from standing presses. This back support will be particularly helpful if you are including heavy squatting and deadlifting in your training that may leave your back fatigued.
With its angled frame design, the Proformance Plus Olympic Military Bench can also be used for a valuable pressing variation, the seated behind the neck press. The slightly angled frame allows you to press behind your head without hitting the uprights or bar catches. The behind the neck press targets the rear delts and upper back stabilizer muscles a little more directly than the more common press to the front. It also eliminates the slight upper chest involvement from front pressing and is a preferred shoulder developer for many bodybuilders. Whether you are pressing to the front or to the rear, the spotter platform allows you to train with heavy loads and push your limits, knowing your spotter is positioned perfectly to provide a lift-off and to assist with completing the final reps of a tough set if needed. Three conveniently placed bar catches enable lifters of different arm lengths to set up properly for an optimal hand-off and to rack the bar short of lockout in case of a missed lift.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Olympic Military Bench Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 46” L x 53” W x 68” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Adjustments: Back rest adjusts forwards and backwards with convenient pop pin
- Bar Catches: 3/8” solid steel, blue-zinc plated bar catches
- Rear Spotter Platform: Included as a standard safety feature
- Feet: Includes rubber stabilizer feet to help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 197 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Olympic Military Bench?:
- Angled frame design enables you to train both seated military and behind the neck presses
- Rear spotter stand allows a spotter to provide a lift-off and to assist with racking the bar if needed
- Adjustable, angled back rest provides back support for enhanced safety and comfort
- 3/8” solid steel, blue-zinc plated bar catches offer 3 bar heights for lifters of different arm lengths
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
PPF-WSOB Weight Storage Option
PPF-WSOB Weight Storage Option:
- For PPF-707, PPF-708, PPF-709, and PPF-710 benches
- 10-prong Olympic weight plate storage attachment
- Shipping Weight: 115 lbs.
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of military bench presses for a hotel fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPF-710 ProdID_20043
Product Name: Proformance Plus Olympic Military Bench Press -- Tuff Stuff (PPF-710)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPF-710