Proformance Plus PPD-806 Leg Extension / Leg Curl Combo - The Proformance Plus Leg Extension/Curl by TuffStuff offers a space-saving option for training both the hamstrings and quadriceps. Why purchase both a leg extension and a leg curl when one efficient machine serves as both? For leg extensions, adjust the pop pin so your knees are bent to 90° and the foot roller rests on top of your lower shins, just above your feet. Leg curls begin with the legs straight and the foot roller resting behind your legs, just below your calves. For leg curls, you will also need to lock the thigh hold-down support into place in order to effectively isolate the hamstrings as you curl your feet back toward your buttocks. The selectorized weight stack makes weight adjustments between the two exercises quick and easy.
Most top trainers rank leg extensions and leg curls as two of the best supplementary leg training movements. An effective leg training workout might begin with a compound movement such as squats, front squats, or leg presses. The compound movement works the entire leg musculature - hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes, and the various muscles surrounding the hip joint - as a unit. After the compound movement, single joint isolation exercises are carefully chosen to bring up weak points. Many athletes and physique competitors are “quad dominant” with proportionately stronger and better developed quadriceps than hamstrings. Leg curls are one of the most effective single joint exercises to isolate the hamstrings and correct this imbalance. A significant minority, however, have the opposite problem with well developed hamstrings and lagging quadriceps. Few exercises isolate the quads for a pump and excruciating burn like leg extensions performed to near failure. Including leg extensions and leg curls in your training routine can help prevent muscle pulls on the field or court and can add that stage ready finishing touch to your leg development.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Leg Extension/Curl Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 55” L x 43” W x 57” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Guards: All Proformance Plus selectorized leg machines come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Roller: Adjustable with pop pin to accommodate users of different heights
- Handles: Provide support when entering and exiting the apparatus and stability during your set
- Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system
- Rods: ¾” solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented “piggyback” add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- 295-pound weight stack
- Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 585 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Leg Extension/Curl?:
- Biomechanically correct seat angle provides proper support and isolation of working quadriceps and hamstrings
- Gas-assisted back support easily adjusts for proper positioning and knee alignment
- Quick release to engage and disengage thigh hold-down support
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of lower body exercise equipment for a hotel fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPD-806 ProdID_20003
Product Name: Proformance Plus Leg Extension / Leg Curl Combo -- Tuff Stuff (PPD-806)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPD-806