Proformance Plus PPF-711 4-Way Olympic Bench - The Proformance Plus 4-Way Olympic Bench by TuffStuff is a 4-in-1 workout station that enables you to do the big four of pressing exercises - decline, flat, incline, and shoulder presses - in a commercial quality machine that is perfect for those with limited space and budget. It’s a safe bet that no man or woman has ever built a truly impressive upper body without regularly doing at least one of these exercises. Most have probably rotated all four into their training programs at different times.
The flat bench press is so pervasive the phrase, “How much do you bench?” has become cliche. And yet, the bench press is ingrained as the gold standard of strength and development in the minds of everyone from avid weight training enthusiasts to folks with only passing interest for one simple reason: it works like few other lifts. Show me a man with a 400-plus pound bench press, and he undoubtedly has some impressive chest, shoulder, and triceps development, even if it is covered by a layer of excess body fat in some cases. The bench press is your go-to lift for building a big chest and triceps, and it also hits the deltoids to a lesser degree.
The incline bench press has replaced the bench press as the preferred upper body mass builder in some circles, particularly amongst hardcore bodybuilders. Most trainees can handle only about 80% of their best flat bench press weight on an incline press, yet many find it is equal to the bench press for building mass in the upper pectorals and triceps and a superior alternative for bringing the front delts into play. If you can use less weight, thereby incurring less joint strain, but still get the same or a better training effect, the choice becomes a no-brainer.
For lifters who are going to either choose the flat bench press or the incline bench press and also augment their training with a second pressing motion, the shoulder press, often called the military press, is the obvious choice. Going back fifty years, the press, and not the bench press, was the standard by which lifters measured their ability. Powerlifting was not yet a recognized sport, and Olympic weightlifting, which included the press as one of its contested events, dominated coverage through popular training magazines such as Strength and Health. As a result, just about any man who seriously trained with weights strove to be able to press his own bodyweight overhead. If you look at photos from that time period, you may well notice decreased chest development as a result of the deemphasis of the bench press in training programs. Look closer, however, and you’ll see the outstanding shoulder development many lifters from this time period possessed from all this overhead work. If it’s cannonball deltoids you want sitting on top of that barrel chest, take a tip from the oldtimers and add shoulder pressing to your workouts.
Decline presses, though perhaps not as popular as the other three pressing movements, are still a valuable addition to your training and are deserving of inclusion in this group. Decline presses offer a shorter range of motion than flat bench presses. As a result, many trainees can handle 10-20% more weight for the same number of repetitions. This makes the decline bench press valuable as an overload tool, allowing the lifter’s body to begin getting used to heavier weights that he or she will eventually be able to flat bench press. Additionally, the decline bench press targets the lower pectoral muscles, creating an aesthetically pleasing rounded look to the lower pecs that can be difficult to achieve.
The Proformance Plus 4-Way Olympic Bench enables you to do all four of these great lifts in one simple unit. This unique adjustable sliding bench travels on a linear bearing track and wheels for easy transition between exercises. Just grasp the conveniently located lever-pull handle to easily adjust the bench forward or backward in the seated position. The back support pad quickly adjusts between eleven positions ranging from -10° to 80° with an easy access side lever. Other important features include a heavy duty diamond plate spotter platform and ten built-in Olympic weight plate storage holders.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus 4-Way Olympic Bench Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 89” L x 63” W x 66” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- 4-in-1 Workout Station: Perform decline, flat, incline, and shoulder presses in one quick transition unit
- Uprights: Gun rack style uprights insure proper bar height for each lift and allows the user to re-rack at a lower height on a missed rep
- Linear Bearing Track: Adjustable sliding bench travels on a linear bearing track and wheels for easy transition between exercises
- Adjustable Back Support: Back support pad quickly adjusts between eleven positions including -10°, 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 35°, 45°, 55°, 65°, 70° and 80° with an easy access side lever
- Adjustable Seat: Multi-position seat angle to keep user from sliding out when performing incline presses
- Foot Rollers: Keeps user secured when decline benching
- Footrests: Footrests included for foot placement during incline presses
- Spotter Platform: Heavy duty diamond plate spotter platform
- Olympic Weight Plate Storage: Ten built-in Olympic weight plate storage holders with rubber doughnuts to prevent wear to bench finish
- Feet: Includes rubber stabilizer feet to help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 385 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance 4-Way Olympic Bench?:
- 4-in-1 workout station provides the ability to do decline, flat, incline, and shoulder presses in a single, space saving unit
- Adjustable sliding bench travels on a linear bearing track and wheels for easy transition between exercises
- Back support pad quickly adjusts between eleven positions ranging from -10° to 80° with an easy access side lever
- Heavy duty diamond plate spotter platform and ten built-in Olympic weight plate storage holders
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Looking to make a bulk purchase of Olympic benches for your fitness studio? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPF-711 ProdID_20044
Product Name: Proformance Plus 4-Way Olympic Bench Press -- Tuff Stuff (PPF-711)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPF-711