Proformance Plus Biceps Curl -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-920)
* denotes required field
**Plates NOT Included**
Proformance Plus PPL-920 Biceps Curl - The Proformance Plus Biceps Curl by TuffStuff offers superior balance and feel to free weight preacher curls along with the safety and convenience of a machine. Two important features of this plate-loaded biceps curl give it some clear advantages over a free weight preacher curl done with an EZ-curl bar. Unilateral arm movement, in which each lever arm moves independently, insures that the dominant arm cannot take up any slack for the weaker arm. In other words, whatever weight you load on the right-hand weight horn will be lifted solely with the right arm and whatever weight you load on the left-hand weight horn will be lifted entirely with the left arm. With free weights, the only way to mimic this independent movement would be to use dumbbells, which can be quite bulky to heave into position. Additionally, the swivel handles pivot to allow natural wrist movement throughout the full range of motion - another feature that could only be achieved with free weights by using dumbbells that would tend to awkwardly wobble and clang together during each rep. With the Proformance Plus Biceps Curl, even the strongest curlers can pile plenty of plates on the 8” weight horns to work each arm independently.
Preacher curls, or Scott curls as they are sometimes known, are often preferred to standing curls because they remove the ability to swing and heave the weight, placing the load directly on the biceps muscles. With the shoulders and back taken out of the movement, the biceps are more completely taxed and stimulated to grow. In order to set the seat correctly so that the biceps are maximally loaded, use the pop pin to adjust the seat up or down so that your armpits and triceps are in direct contact with the padded armrest. You want as little space as possible between your body and the pad.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Biceps Curl Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 34” L x 53” W x 37” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Unilateral Arm Movement: Each lever arm moves independently for even weight distribution
- Swivel Handles: Handles pivot to allow natural wrist movement throughout the full range of motion
- Pivot Arms: All primary pivot arms rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Linkage System: Four-bar linkage units utilize American made ½” and ⅝” Teflon coated ball and socket rod ends
- Adjustable Seat Height: Use pop pin to move seat up and down for proper positioning against the arm pad
- 8” Weight Horns: Long enough to accommodate even the strongest biceps
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Footprint: Includes a compact footprint with specially designed three-point floor contact that won’t wobble
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 170 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of upper body fitness equipment for a hotel fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification before the delivery is made.
Item Number: PPL-920 ProdID_20018
Product Name: Proformance Plus Biceps Curl -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-920)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-920
Not available in all markets, inquire for availability before placing order