Proformance Plus PPL-900 Counterbalanced Smith Machine - The Proformance Plus Counter Balanced Smith Machine with Linear Bearings by TuffStuff Fitness is a machine you could literally never leave yet still get a complete workout for your entire musculature without the balance or safety issues of comparable barbell lifts. For the lower body, work your quadriceps and hamstrings with squats and front squats and train your calves with standing heel raises on a block. The walk-through design allows you flexibility to perform a multitude of different upper body lifts. Position a workout bench to work your chest with flat and incline bench presses and your shoulders with seated overhead presses. Of course, you’ll also hit your triceps hard with any of these pressing exercises. The Plate Loaded Smith Machine is a particularly efficient tool for working your traps with shrugs to finish off a rugged and powerful physique.
You can even use the Proformance Plus Commercial Smith Machine for prone rows with your own bodyweight or added resistance from a weight vest. For these, lie on the floor underneath the bar positioned slightly higher than if you were going to do floor presses. Reach up and grasp it with both hands in either a pronated or supinated grip. While maintaining a rigid torso with heels digging into the floor for leverage, use your biceps and powerful lat muscles to “row” your body upwards toward the stationary Olympic bar, touching it with your chest and pausing briefly before returning to the starting position. Rows done in this manner not only work your mid-back thoroughly, but they also work your midsection as you struggle to maintain the reverse plank position necessary for proper performance.
The PPL-900 includes vertical bar travel as opposed to angled. Commercial grade construction includes linear bearings that allow the 1,500-pound capacity Olympic bar to travel on solid steel shafts, or “guide rods”, that have been case hardened for durability and polished for smooth, friction-free movement. The weight of the Smith Machine bar is counterbalanced to a starting weight of only 10 pounds, making it exceptionally useful in a rehabilitation setting or for beginning trainees. Ten lockout positions and fully adjustable spring action catches enable you to safely perform all your lifts to the point of momentary muscular failure in order to milk every last drop of gaining reps from your training. Built-in weight storage affords you the convenience to keep plenty of Olympic weight plates in close proximity.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Smith Machine Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 53” L x 87” W x 91” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Frame Design: Walk-through design offers easy access from either side with or without a workout bench
- Linear Bearings: Industrial grade linear bearings are self-aligning for consistently smooth movement
- Counterbalance: Counterbalance system reduces the actual weight of the Olympic bar to just 10 lbs. for lighter starting weight
- Olympic Bar: 7’ long chromed Olympic bar is knurled for a solid grip even when hands are sweaty and has a 47” wide gripping area. Bar weight capacity is 1,500 lbs.
- Bar Travel: Bar travels vertically at 90 degrees with 10 lock-out positions
- Steel Shafts: 1.25” diameter precision ground and tempered solid steel linear shafts are case hardened for durability and polished for smooth friction-free exercises
- Safety Catches: Fully adjustable spring action safety catches accommodate all user heights and types of lifts
- Plate Compatibility: Uses only Olympic plates with 2” center hole. Weight plates NOT included
- Weight Plate Storage: Includes a total of eight built-in Olympic weight plate storage pegs that include rubber doughnuts to prevent plate to frame contact
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: Perform Smith machine exercises for adding size and strength to the upper and lower body
- Weight: 425 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Smith Machine?:
- Increased safety when performing barbell presses and squats especially when a spotter is not available
- Walk through design offers easy entry and exit with or without a weight bench from either side
- Eight weight plate storage pegs keep plenty of weight on hand for heavy lifters and come in handy when lifting with multiple partners
- 10 lb. starting weight is ideal for rehabilitation, beginners and lifters of all ages and strength levels
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need help selecting the right Smith machine for your gym or fitness studio? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength training specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPL-900 ProdID_20029
Product Name: Proformance Plus Counterbalanced Smith Machine -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-900)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-900