Proformance Plus PPL-915 Shoulder Press - The Proformance Plus Shoulder Press by TuffStuff provides the answer for anyone seeking to build cannonball delts. For lifters of the 1950s and 60s, the overhead press, not the bench press, was considered the gold standard of strength and development. Any lifter worth his salt was expected to press his bodyweight overhead. The lift’s popularity declined rapidly in the 1970s, when the standing press, or military press as it is sometimes called, was dropped from Olympic weightlifting competition. The reason for eliminating the press had nothing to do with its efficacy as a shoulder developer, at least not when performed correctly. The temptation to cheat on the standing version by leaning back, invoking the large pectoral muscles to help move the weight and essentially turning the press into a standing bench press, had made judging the lift nearly impossible. Done as it is meant to be done, however, in an upright or nearly upright position, the press is without peer for strengthening and thickening the entire shoulder girdle along with the triceps. Even the lats are significantly involved as stabilizers. A seated press with back support eliminates the ability to cheat by leaning backwards and guarantees this all-important upright position that is key to achieving maximum benefit from the lift. As an added bonus, pressing in a more vertical position is simply safer for the lower back than extending the spine to arch backwards.
Every facet of the Proformance Plus Plate Loaded Shoulder Press is designed with comfort and biomechanically correct body positioning in mind. Converging pressing arms mimic the shoulder girdle’s natural articulation and permit unilateral movement, while the U-Grip handles swivel to maintain a neutral wrist position throughout the full range of motion. The seat adjusts up and down with a pop pin so that lifters of different heights can position the pressing handles in the perfect position in line with the collar bones. Extra long 9.5” weight horns are built to hold world class weights for those inclined to chase the big pressers of yesteryear.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Shoulder Press Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 55” L x 47” W x 47” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Converging Pressing Arms: Mimic shoulder girdle’s natural articulation and permit unilateral movement
- U-Grip Handles: Swivel to maintain neutral wrist position throughout full range of motion
- Pivot Arms: All primary pivot arms rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Adjustable Seat Height: Use pop pin to move seat up and down for proper positioning of pressing handles
- Weight Horns: 9.5” long weight horns are long enough to accommodate even the strongest pressers
- Feet: Includes steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Weight Storage Prongs (optional): Set of 4 prongs available as an add-on
- Footprint: Includes a compact footprint with specially designed three-point floor contact that won’t wobble
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 180 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Shoulder Press?:
- Back support eliminates layback, protecting the lower back and keeping the focus of the lift on the shoulders
- Converging pressing arms mimic shoulder girdle’s natural articulation and permit unilateral movement
- U-Grip handles swivel to maintain neutral wrist position throughout full range of motion
- Seat adjusts up and down with a pop pin for lifters of different heights
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Looking to make a bulk purchase of plate loaded weightlifting equipment for your fitness studio or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPL-915 ProdID_20017
Product Name: Proformance Plus Shoulder Press -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-915)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-915