Proformance Plus PPL-935 Lat Pulldown - The Proformance Plus Lat Pulldown by TuffStuff engages the lats and mid-back to help you build that aesthetically pleasing v-taper like few other exercises. Watch most gym goers perform a pullup or chin-up and you’ll likely be quickly appalled. Most are simply not strong enough to do the movement without swinging and jerking their legs and craning their necks. This cheating practice has become so commonplace it even has a name to try to legitimize it. It’s called kipping. While kipping may allow you to get your chin over the bar a few times, it is certainly not the most effective way to build an impressively muscled back. A strict chinning motion, with full extension at the bottom (but not to the point of shoulder subluxation) and a paused contraction at the top is the way to go if you want barn door lats. Even if you’re able to do strict chins, a well-designed lat pulldown is a valuable addition to your training regimen, allowing you to train with less weight than your own bodyweight and add growth-inducing volume to your back workout.
The Proformance Plus Plate Loaded Lat Pulldown offers a silky smooth pulling motion with maximum lat engagement. Diverging independent arms allow unilateral movement. That word “diverging” is key to lat involvement. It means the handles are close together at the top of the movement and gradually move away from each other as you pull them down. In the fully contracted position, your hands will be shoulder width apart or slightly wider - the perfect position for the lats to contract maximally. 360° articulating u-grip handles permit user defined hand positioning, offering you the flexibility to chin with a supinated, pronated, or parallel grip. You might even prefer a hybrid grip somewhere in between. The thigh hold-down support has a pop pin adjustment for users with different thigh circumferences. 7.5” weight horns hold over 300 pounds of Olympic plates, meaning most users can train with weights well in excess of their own bodyweight if they are strong enough. Three-point floor contact assures the machine won’t wobble even at such heavy loads.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Lat Pulldown Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 72” L x 45” W x 85” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Diverging Independent Arms: Allow unilateral movement and move apart as you pull down for maximum lat involvement
- Handles: 360° articulating u-grip handles swivel to permit user defined hand positioning
- Adjustable Thigh Hold-Down Support: Use pop pin to move thigh support up or down for users of different heights and thigh circumferences
- Pivot Arms: All primary pivot arms rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
Linkage System: Four-bar linkage units utilize American made ½” and ⅝” Teflon coated ball and socket rod ends
- Weight Horns: 7.5” long weight horns hold over 300 pounds combined and are positioned low for easy plate loading
- Feet: Includes steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Footprint: Low maintenance design with three-point floor contact that won’t wobble
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 250 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Lat Pulldown?:
- Work your lats and mid-back through a complete range of motion for maximum development
- Diverging independent arms allow unilateral movement and move apart as you pull down for optimal lat involvement
- 360° articulating u-grip handles swivel to permit user defined hand positioning
- Adjustable thigh hold-down support accommodates users of different thigh circumferences
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of lat pulldowns for a fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPL-935 ProdID_20021
Product Name: Proformance Plus Lat Pulldown -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-935)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-935