Proformance Plus PPL-945 Leg Extension - The Proformance Plus Leg Extension by TuffStuff can help you build large and powerful quadriceps muscles. There are two principle ways to incorporate leg extensions into your leg training. Most commonly, you would begin your routine with a compound lift like squats to work the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes in unison. Then you would move to leg extensions to isolate the quads. A training partner can easily help with a few assisted reps for a burn that gives you those hard earned striations. Another great way to incorporate the leg extension is by using it to pre-exhaust the quadriceps before moving to squats. Often, the lower back pump is the limiting factor that causes trainees to have to end a set of squats, but the legs are still relatively fresh. By beginning with leg extensions, the legs and low back fatigue at closer to the same rate when squatting, making the lift an even more effective muscle building tool.
There aren’t many moving parts on this simple, low maintenance machine, but two important pop pin adjustments ensure comfort and proper function for users of different heights. The foot roller adjusts up and down, so that users can position it in the optimum position, just above the feet on the lower shins. The back pad adjusts backwards and forwards, so that users can position the forward edge of the seat pad snugly behind the knees. The ergonomic seat angle design supports proper body alignment and muscle isolation, and the stabilizer handles offer support as you bear down to squeeze out those all-important final reps of a grueling set. The 8.5” weight horn means that even after your friends are calling you quadzilla because of your impressive thigh development, you’ll still find this top notch piece of equipment plenty challenging to regularly include in your leg workouts.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Leg Extension Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 66” L x 48” W x 43” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Back Pad and Foot Roller Adjustments: Both are adjustable with pop pin to accommodate users of different heights
- Ergonomic Seat Angle: Supports proper body alignment and quadriceps isolation
- Stabilizer Handles: Provide support so that you never lose contact with the seat pad during a set
- Pivot Arms: All primary pivot arms rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Linkage System: Four-bar linkage units utilize American made ½” and ⅝” Teflon coated ball and socket rod ends
- Weight Horn: Even very strong lifters will be able to load enough plates on the 8.5” long weight horn to fully work the quadriceps
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 170 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Leg Extension?:
- Ergonomic seat angle supports proper body alignment and quadriceps isolation for optimal development
- Adjustable foot roller and back pad accommodate users of different heights with quick pop pin adjustment
- 8.5” Weight Horn holds plenty of plates for serious trainers
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of plate loaded leg extensions for a fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPL-945 ProdID_20024
Product Name: Proformance Plus Leg Extension -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-945)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-945