Proformance Plus PPL-965 Hack Squat - The Proformance Plus Linear Bearing Hack Squat by TuffStuff offers an alternative to barbell squatting that attacks the quads more directly while supporting the lower back. Think of the hack squat machine as a hybrid exercise somewhere in between a barbell squat and a leg press. You move your torso through space as with a squat, which some in the exercise science community have postulated may stimulate positive metabolic changes like the production of growth hormone. You also receive the back bracing benefit of a leg press, as your back is supported throughout. With no forward lean due to the backrest, posterior chain involvement is lessened with hack squats. Though they do work the entire leg musculature, including quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and even calves, the rigid back position forces the quads to work the hardest. This offers a distinct advantage to bodybuilders and physique competitors seeking to bring up the quads, specifically the vastus medialis muscles.
The Proformance Plus Hack Squat offers a biomechanically correct 35° angle of travel on a linear bearing carriage system with a starting weight of 90 pounds. The oversized convex footplate design provides correct ankle and knee positioning in order to minimize joint stress. Conveniently located dual safety catches and release handles ensure a safe start and end position, while built-in support handles add stability during the movement. Accomplished squatters who are using the hack squat to supplement their leg training will appreciate the 14.5” weight horns with ample room for Olympic plate loading. Convenient plate storage on the machine also comes as a standard feature.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Hack Squat Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 104” L x 65” W x 58” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Shafts: 1.5” precision ground tempered solid steel guide rod shafts are case hardened for durability and smooth travel
- Linear Bearing System: Dual self-aligning, fully enclosed 1.5" linear bearing system for the smoothest carriage travel
- Angle: 35° angle of travel with starting weight at 90 pounds
- Shoulder Supports: Large padded shoulder supports help distribute the load of the hack squat throughout a larger area of the shoulders
- Footplate: Oversized convex footplate design provides correct ankle and knee positioning, minimizing stress on joints
- Safety Catches: Conveniently located dual safety catches and release handles for safe start and end positions
- Support Handles: Built-in support handles add stability
- Weight Horns: 14.5” weight horns accommodate even the strongest legs
- Weight Storage: Built-in Olympic plate holders come standard and include rubber stoppers to help avoid plate-to-frame contact
- Feet: Includes rubber stabilizer feet designed for floor anchoring to help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 520 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Hack Squat?:
- Work your legs, targeting the quadriceps more directly, while your lower back is supported
- Oversized convex footplate provides correct ankle and knee positioning, minimizing joint stress
- Conveniently located dual safety catches and release handles ensure a safe start and end position
- Built-in support handles add stability during the movement
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Looking to make a bulk purchase of hack squats for your gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPL-965 ProdID_20028
Product Name: Proformance Plus 35 Degree Linear Bearing Hack Squat -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-965)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-965