Proformance Plus PPS-205 Shoulder Press - The Proformance Plus Shoulder Press by TuffStuff is designed to thoroughly train your shoulders and triceps, while offering lower back support. The most popular free weight versions of the overhead press, or military press as it is often called, are the standing press and the seated press. While the standing press is a great shoulder and triceps developer, the discipline required to perform the exercise correctly is difficult to maintain. One common way of cheating includes the “lay back,” in which the lifter arches his or her lumbar spine in order to literally lean backwards. This brings the pectoral muscles into play to help raise the weight, in effect turning the press into a dangerous version of an incline bench press done in a standing position with no back support. Another common way of cheating is to dip at the knees and use momentum to shove the weight overhead in what is known as a push press. Though push pressing has athletic applications for power development, it is not ideal for the muscle development most recreational lifters hope to achieve. To avoid the temptation to lay back or to push press the weight, many lifters opt to press in the seated position. While certainly better for most who hope to maintain strict exercise form, barbell seated pressing requires the lifter to unrack the bar from a precarious position behind the head and is next to impossible without a spotter to assist with the lift-off. Though dumbbells are an option, most lifters reach a point where they are capable of pressing more weight than they can hoist into position and are relegated to submaximal training if they want to use dumbbells.
The Proformance Plus Selectorized Shoulder Press takes the best virtues of seated pressing, namely the strict exercise performance and back support, and allows you to train as heavy as you want without a spotter and without wrestling awkward dumbbells. The seat and back support are angled slightly to place you in the most comfortable and efficient pressing position. The converging pressing arm technology allows the handles to move closer together as you complete each rep, following the natural arc your body would adopt if using dumbbells. Most importantly, the gas-assisted seat adjustment allows you to customize the range of motion. Set the seat high so that the handles rest at shoulder height for full range of motion pressing and even deltoid development. Set it lower so that the handles rest at the top of your ears in order to train your lockout with heavier weight and place more emphasis on the triceps.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Shoulder Press Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 51” L x 56” W x 57” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Frame Design: Specially designed three-point floor contact that won’t wobble
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Linkage System: Four-bar linkage units utilize American made ½” and ⅝” Teflon coated ball and socket rod ends
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system; belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾” solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Seat Adjustment: Easy access gas-assisted seat adjustment allows you to customize range of motion
- Converging Pressing Arms: Handles move together, following shoulder girdle’s natural articulation, as you complete each repetition
- Floating Handle Design: Floating handle design allows customization of wrist position during range of motion
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented “piggyback” add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 525 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Shoulder Press?:
- Train your shoulders and triceps with the popular overhead press while your back is supported
- Handles move together, following shoulder girdle’s natural articulation, as you complete each repetition
- Floating handle design allows customization of wrist position during range of motion
- Easy access gas-assisted seat adjustment allows you to customize range of motion
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of selectorized gym equipment for a hotel fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Item Number: PPS-205 ProdID_19983
Product Name: Proformance Plus Shoulder Press -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-205)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPS-205