Proformance Plus PPS-213 Lateral Raise - The Proformance Plus Lateral Raise by TuffStuff allows you to isolate the lateral deltoid head for that classic, broad-shouldered, v-tapered look. There’s a time and battle tested training principle that says to begin your workout for a particular muscle group with a meat and potatoes mass building lift and back this main lift up with two or three assistance lifts chosen to refine and shape the muscle. Following this template, a typical shoulder training day might begin with military or behind the neck presses, done in either the seated or standing position. After completing this mass building lift, the trainee would move to an isolation lift. At the top of the list for most would be lateral raises. Side raises, done as they are most commonly performed with dumbbells in a standing position, often degenerate into a swinging and jerking affair that compromises deltoid involvement as the traps and upper back perform much of the intended work. Even lateral raises done in the seated position on a utility bench are often not much better as the trainee is easily able to lean far forward and then spring erect, using momentum rather than muscle to move the weight.
The Proformance Plus Lateral Raise ensures isolation of the lateral head of the deltoid. The seat not only adjusts for users of different heights with a gas-assisted adjustment, but it is also angled forward slightly so that the trainee is in a sound biomechanical position for lifting without having to resort to swinging to generate momentum. In addition, the Counter-balanced pivot arms provide smooth motion and low starting weight, and custom rope handles allow free hand movement and further ensure correct exercise application.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Lateral Raise Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 53” L x 40” W x 57” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Frame Design: Specially designed three-point floor contact that won’t wobble
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system. Belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾” solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Seat Adjustment: Easy access gas-assisted seat adjustment allows quick positioning of the seat to the correct height so that the pivot arm pads are situated directly on the forearms
- Custom Rope Handles: Allow free hand movement and ensure correct exercise application
- Pivot Arms: Independant pivot arms are counter-balanced for low starting weight which is ideal for rehab
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented “piggyback” add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 525 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Lateral Raise?:
- Isolate the lateral deltoid head for that classic, broad-shouldered, v-tapered look
- Counter-balanced pivot arms provide smooth motion and low starting weight
- Custom rope handles allow free hand movement and ensure correct exercise application
- Easy access gas-assisted seat adjustment allows quick positioning of the seat to the correct height
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish, and rubber grips
Looking for fitness equipment for your gym or fitness studio? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength training specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPS-213 ProdID_19988
Product Name: Proformance Plus Lateral Raise -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-213)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPS-213