Proformance Plus PPS-221 Back Extension - The Proformance Plus Back Extension by TuffStuff eliminates most of the compressive and shearing forces of traditional exercises that work the spinal erector muscles, allowing you to train them more safely and effectively. Anyone who has ever experienced a lower back injury knows just how debilitating they can be. Movements we take for granted like putting on our socks and shoes suddenly become monumental undertakings. Even something as simple as sneezing can be excruciatingly painful. Without a strong lower back, all our efforts at building strength and vitality are for naught. For this reason, developing a plan for building a bulletproof back should be high on everyone’s list of strength training priorities. Certainly, squat and deadlift variations will be right at the top of the list for those who have the mobility required to perform them with proper form. For others, our build or injury history may preclude us from subjecting our spines to the heavy loads that squats and deadlifts require. Fortunately, there is another way.
The Proformance Plus Back Extension offers several important safety features to ensure that you work your lower back through a safe range of motion. The adjustable pivot arm offers multiple start positions with one quick move of the pop pin. Those who are comfortable doing so can start in a position where the back and upper thighs form an angle of less than 90°. For those who are not comfortable moving through such a long range of motion, simply set the pop pin adjustment so that you begin in a more upright position with less forward lean. Regardless of where you start, the lumbar support prevents accidental over extension as you complete each rep by stopping you short of 180° of extension. Additional safety features include a dual footrest for users of various leg lengths and built-in handles for control and support.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Back Extension Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 47” L x 42” W x 57” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system. Belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾” solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Cam: Charcoal texture, powder coat, solid aluminum, variable resistance cam designed specifically for each machine
- Pivot Arm: Adjustable pivot arm offers multiple start positions with one quick move of the pop pin
- Lumbar Support: Lumbar support prevents accidental over extension
- Dual Footrest: Dual footrest to accommodate various leg lengths
- Handles: Built-in handles for control and support
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented “piggyback” add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 505 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Back Extension?:
- Train your spinal erector muscles safely and effectively without the shearing or compressive forces of traditional barbell exercises
- Adjustable pivot arm with multiple start positions
- Lumbar support prevents accidental over extension
- Dual footrest to accommodate various leg lengths
- Built-in handles for control and support
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of weight stack equipment for a fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Item Number: PPS-221 ProdID_19990
Product Name: Proformance Plus Back Extension -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-221)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPS-221