Proformance Plus PPS-222 Rotary Torso - The Proformance Plus Rotary Torso by TuffStuff allows you to rotate your core against resistance, targeting the hard to reach oblique muscles, or side abs. This sometimes overlooked rotational aspect of core training is not only important for aesthetic reasons, but is also a key component of many athletic movements. The swinging motion to hit a baseball, golf ball, or tennis ball, for example, has a significant rotational aspect to transfer power from the hips and legs through the core and into bat, club, or racket. As the saying goes, you’re only as strong as your weakest link. If that link happens to be your core, the entire power transfer chain will be broken, resulting in a much less powerful swing. The same is true of punching and kicking power, much of which is also generated through torso rotation.
A well designed torso rotation machine like the Proformance Plus Rotary Torso can help you train the oblique muscles both for form and for function. TuffStuff’s exclusive rotary bench design keeps your torso and knees stationary as you grip the handles while squeezing the arm and knee pads to apply resistance strictly through your midsection. The smooth, “frictionless” cam system assures consistent resistance throughout entire rotation, while the start position adjustment handle allows you to set the angle of rotation according to your individual range of motion.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Rotary Torso Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 58” L x 44” W x 63” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system. Belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾” solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Cam: Smooth, “frictionless” cam system assures consistent resistance throughout entire rotation
- Rotary Bench Design: Rotary bench design keeps torso and knees stationary while resistance is applied through the midsection
- Start Position Adjustment: Multiple start positions allow desired angle of rotation
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented “piggyback” add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 535 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Rotary Torso?:
- Rotate your core against resistance, targeting the hard to reach oblique muscles
- Smooth, “frictionless” cam system assures consistent resistance throughout entire rotation
- Rotary bench design keeps torso and knees stationary while resistance is applied through the midsection
- Multiple start positions allow desired angle of rotation
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of selectorized equipment for a hotel fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPS-222 ProdID_19991
Product Name: Proformance Plus Rotary Torso -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-222)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPS-222