Proformance Plus PPS-231 Leg Extension - The Proformance Plus Leg Extension by TuffStuff will help you shape and tone your quads to add the muscle separation and striations that may be missing from just the big, compound lifts. Sure, bodybuilders do tons of squatting to build their enormous leg size. Children of the 1980s remember Tom Platz and his infamous 500 x 20 squat performance. Bodybuilders of today have carried this torch and embraced the squat as well. Leading to a show, however, they don’t just clean up their diets in order to step on stage looking ripped. They shift their focus to isolation lifts to carve and shape the mass they’ve built into that finished product for the stage. Few isolation lifts deliver a pump and deep muscle burn like leg extensions, and that is why they are a favorite finishing lift for many of the world’s top physiques. With a slight outward turn of the toes, they are particularly effective for targeting the hard to reach vastus medialis obliquus (VMO), or teardrop muscle.
The Proformance Plus Leg Extension has all the features you’d expect in a top of the line leg extension unit. The pivot arm adjusts for multiple start positions with a single move of the pop pin. Use a long range of motion to work the entire quadriceps muscle. To target the aforementioned vastus medialis, set the pin so that you are only working only the last 20° or 30° of extension, paying particular attention to holding and squeezing each contraction at the top before lowering the weight. This terminal extension work, as it is called, is also an effective rehab exercise for getting the VMO to fire properly after an injury. The gas assisted back support easily adjusts for proper positioning and knee alignment with the pivot arm. The self-adjusting foot roller accommodates various leg lengths, and the built-in handles offer control and support.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Leg Extension Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 53” L x 43” W x 57” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system. Belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾” solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Cam: Charcoal texture, powder coat, solid aluminum, variable resistance cam designed specifically for each machine
- Seat: Biomechanically correct angled seat position
- Pivot Arm: Adjustable pivot arm offers multiple start positions with one quick move of the pop pin
- Back Support: Gas assisted back support easily adjusts for proper positioning and knee alignment with the pivot arm
- Foot Roller: Self-adjusting foot roller to accommodate various leg lengths
- Handles: Built-in handles for control and support
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented “piggyback” add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 500 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Leg Extension?:
- Isolate your quadriceps muscles for aesthetics and rehabilitation
- Biomechanically correct angled seat position
- Adjustable pivot arm offers multiple start positions with one quick move of the pop pin
- Gas assisted back support easily adjusts for proper positioning and knee alignment
- Self-adjusting foot roller to accommodate various leg lengths
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of leg extension gym equipment for a hotel fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Item Number: PPS-231 ProdID_19992
Product Name: Proformance Plus Leg Extension -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-231)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPS-231