Standard Black Iron Plates For Dumbbells and Barbells – Standard cast iron weight plates, or “pancake” weight plates as they are sometimes called, offer an array of versatility at home, in the gym and
in different industries. Unlike their big brother the Olympic plate, these smaller weight plates include a 1” center hole instead of a larger 2” hole and they have no grip holes or flanges used for lifting or carrying.
Each cast iron plate from 1.25 lbs. up to 50 lbs. features a smooth surface, rounded edges and are painted black.
Home Use – Standard size weight plates used in the home are compatible with any type of adjustable dumbbell handle as long as the handle sleeves have a 1” diameter. These styles of dumbbell handles usually
come in the form of a Star-Lock with a screw on collar or a smooth sleeve that uses a regular dumbbell collar. 1” diameter adjustable barbells offer the same sleeve design as the adjustable dumbbell handles. However, an adjustable barbell can take on many shapes and sizes in an effort to target different muscles in the body. Some examples include curl bars and tricep bars.
Commercial Gym Use – Many commercial gyms use what is known as “Pro-Style” dumbbells. These dumbbells have a reputation for being very sturdy and having the ability to satisfy even the heaviest lifter with sizes going as heavy as 200 lbs. each. Likewise, the Pro-Style dumbbell design also lends itself to the Pro-style barbell, which is the same exact design but longer and alternatively offers a curled bar option too. The standard pancake style weight plate is exactly what is used in these dumbbell and barbell build-outs.
Industry Use – The standard weight plate is also used for other things besides lifting weights. Various industries have found clever ways to benefit from these plates just as the weightlifter has. One of the most common alternative uses of the standard weight plate is for weighting and balancing the long arm of a camera boom arm, jib arm and camera crane. Many of these have strategically placed sleeves designed just for accepting these plates. With a little creativity you too may find the perfect application for these plates as a counterbalance in your industry.
Need a quick custom quote or a bulk discount? Call an Ironcompany.com Standard Black Iron plate specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Plate Pairs Include Either ONE or TWO Pairs:
- ONE pair each 50 lbs.
- TWO pairs each 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5 and 25 lbs.
- RP-162.5DEAL – (2) 1.25, (4) 2.5, (4) 5, (2) 7.5, (4) 10, (2) 12.5 and (2) 25 lb. plates (162.5 lbs. total)
- RP-312.5DEAL - (2) 1.25, (4) 2.5, (4) 5, (2) 7.5, (4) 10, (2) 12.5 and (4) 25 and (2) 50 lb. plates (312.5 lbs. total)
- Finish: Smooth surface with black baked on enamel
- Plate Material: Cast iron
- Center Hole Dimension: 1” (use on 1” diameter bars only)
- Slim “pancake” style profile
- Plate weight markings (lbs.) are permanently cast into each plate and will not wear off
- Ideal for adjustable dumbbell handles and weight bars, Pro-style dumbbell handles and as counterweights
- Plates are sold in ONE or TWO pairs as shown above. If you need a different configuration please call 1-888-758-7527
- Home and Commercial Gyms
- Adjustable dumbbell handles
- Adjustable barbell bars
- Pro-style dumbbell handles
- Pro-style barbell handles
- Counterweights for video equipment
2.5-50 lb. Pairs = UPS cost included within the lower 48 states only.
162.5 and 312.5 lb. Sets = Freight cost included within the lower 48 states only.
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification before the delivery is made.
Warning: This product may contain one or more phthalate chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.
Item Number: RP ProdID_284
Product Name: Standard Black Iron Plates For Dumbbells/Barbells -- Ironcompany (RP)
Manufacturer: CAP BARBELL
Manufacturer Part No: RP