Valor Fitness OB-HEX Super Hex Trap Bar – The OB-HEX by Valor Fitness is an Olympic hex bar which allows you to safely lift heavier loads while performing deadlifts and shrugs. The hex design of this specialty Olympic bar allows you to step inside and between the weight load, keeping the weight centered through the body’s midline to reduce unnecessary strain on the spinal flexors as well as damage to the shins normally associated with traditional deadlifts. Load up the trap shrug bar with Olympic weight plates or rubber bumper plates for an incredible workout to build massive quads, traps, and hamstring muscles.
What makes the Valor Fitness OB-HEX unique compared to other Olympic hex bars? The OB-HEX is truly a one-of-a-kind hex shrug bar. The custom designed rotating tri-grip handle system allows you to choose from small (1”), medium (1-1/2”), or large (2”) diameter knurled grips on each side of the bar. Women and beginners will appreciate the smaller handle grips for a comfortable hold. Advanced weight lifters and athletes with larger hands can use the largest grip (also commonly known as a “fat grip” or “thick grip”) to build hand strength and bulk up forearm muscles. For exercise variety, weight lifters and power lifters may opt to cycle through different hand grips during their deadlift or shrug exercise sets for a different feel and focus. Next, the OB-HEX stands apart from other hex deadlift bars by its elevated plate carriage system that lets you conveniently add weight plates without having to lift the bar off the floor. The Olympic weight sleeves are set at a 9” height from ground level (distance from center of sleeve to floor) to accommodate 45 lb and 20KG Olympic plates as well as bumper plates with traditional sizing of 17-1/2 to 17-3/4” diameter. Rubber stoppers beneath the super hex bar prevent any damage to your floor when changing the weight or setting the bar down upon completion of a set. This is the only deadlift bar you will ever need!
- Durable 10-gauge steel tubing frame construction for years of rugged use
- Sand Black powder coated finish
- Rotating grip system provides 3 different handle sizes:
- Small Grip – 1 inch diameter
- Medium Grip – 1.5 inch diameter
- Large Grip – 2 inch diameter
- Multi Grip handles have center ring in knurling for consistent hand placement
- Handles spaced 28-1/8” apart during use
- Elevated plate system for ease of racking and un-racking
- Designed for use with Olympic plates with 2 inch center hole
- Olympic weight sleeves are 10 inches in length and 50mm in diameter
- Rubber stoppers protect flooring
- Recommended max weight load: 450 lbs.
- 3 Year Warranty under normal use within specified weight load guidelines
- Weight plates sold separately
- Assembled Dimensions: 67” L x 31” W x 11” H
- Assembled Weight: 59 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 38” L x 18” W x 8”H
- Shipping Weight: 60 lbs.
OB-HEX schematics and dimensions (click to enlarge)
Need bumper plates or a rubber deadlift mat to use with your Super Hex Bar? Contact an Ironcompany.com equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS
Item Number: OB-HEX ProdID_21327
Product Name: Super Hex Trap Bar with Multi-Size Rotating Grip Handle System -- Valor Athletics (OB-HEX)
Manufacturer: VALOR ATHLETICS
Manufacturer Part No: OB-HEX