York Barbell 6’ International Olympic Weightlifting Bar | Black Oxide - The 32122 6’ Black Oxide Short Olympic Bar by York Barbell is a compact bar that can be used in garage gyms, school weight rooms and commercial gyms. The 32122 is a light Olympic weight bar coming in at 38 lbs., which is about
7 lbs. less than the average 7’ long bar. The gripping area of the bar includes an “aggressive” knurl for a better performance with grip intensive exercises, such as barbell curls, even when hands are sweaty. There is no center knurl so using this bar for squats and lunges is comfortable and won’t chafe the back of the neck.
What are the advantages of purchasing a 6’ Olympic bar? The biggest benefit of purchasing a 6’ long Olympic bar versus a 7’ bar is the smaller working space it requires. Since the 6’ bar is shorter, it can be used in more confined workout areas such as home gyms, garage gyms and training studios.
Unlike the 5’ long Olympic bar, the 6’ long bar is wide enough between the collars to be used on a squat rack or Olympic bench press. A shorter Olympic bar is easier to balance, offers a lighter starting weight and can be used in spaces where a 7’ bar is just too long. Note: To reduce the length of a 7’ bar down to a 6’ bar
there is approximately 6” removed from each sleeve on each side which will reduce the amount of sleeve space used for weight plates. A 7’ bar with a sufficient weight capacity should always be used for heavy Olympic lifting.
Have a question about this item or need a quick custom quote? Call an Ironcompany.com York Barbell Equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email email@example.com
York Barbell 6’ Black Oxide International Barbell Features and Specs:
- Bar Length: 6'
- Bar Diameter: 30mm
- Bearing/Bushing: Bushing
- Center Knurling: No
- Bar Knurling: Aggressive knurling for maximum grip
- Single/Double Marking: Single
- Sleeve Design: Split sleeve design will not loosen or detach
- Sleeve Length: 8.25"
- Distance Between Sleeve Collars: 53"
- Sleeve Coating: Chip and peel resistant hard chrome finish
- Bar Coating: Black Oxide
- Weight Limit: N/A
- Bar Weight: 38 lbs.
- Bar Warranty: 1-Year Warranty covers defects in structural integrity of bar. Warranty does not cover bending or coatings. Warranty does not cover power bars used for Olympic style lifting movements. Only Elite Olympic Competition and Olympic Training Bars should be used for Olympic-lifting movements.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS
Item Number: 32122 ProdID_3881
Product Name: 6' Black Oxide Short Olympic Bar -- York (32122)
Manufacturer Part No: 32122