Plate Loaded Counter Balanced Smith Machine -- Bomb Proof (BP-52A)
BOMB PROOF® Plate Loaded Counter Balanced Smith Machine - The BP-52A American Made Counterbalanced Smith Machine is built using all commercial grade components for weight training in commercial facilities. Benefits of using a Smith machine include the use of safety catches and lock-out pins every 6 to prevent users from getting pinned under the bar on a missed rep, added balance and control during each rep, low starting weight and the reduction of joint strain all of which can be extremely beneficial to beginners, rehabilitation patients and even experienced lifters. The foundation of the BP-52A 90 Degree Commercial Smith Machine is built on a heavy-duty platform which includes 2 x 2 and 2 x 3 steel tubing. The 7 chromed power bar features a medium knurling pattern and has weight sleeves that rotate smoothly on bushings. The 45 lb. weight of the power bar is reduced to only 20 lbs. offering a lower starting weight for all Smith machine exercises. The Olympic bar travels effortlessly with the use of quad-linear bearings that slide up and down on polished guide rods which are case hardened for extended life and performance. Lifters can keep their weight plates within reaching distance on the included storage horns. Choose from several baked-on powder coat color options. Need a custom color scheme to match your existing strength equipment or school colors? Contact an Ironcompany strength equipment expert today for availability. Weight plates NOT included.
Need help selecting the right Counterbalanced Smith Machine for your school weight room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com
Plate Loaded Smith Machine Specs and Info:
- Dimensions: 59 L x 70 W x 84 H (includes plate holders)
- Frame Construction: 2 x 3 x 11 gauge carbon steel with up to 75% post consumer recycled material
- Feet: Welded end caps and feet
- Fabrication: Combination mig-welded and bolt together frame for maximum strength and easy transport
- Olympic Bar: 7 chromed solid steel power bar with bushings. NO center knurl
- Starting Weight: Counterbalanced bar has a low starting weight of only 20 lbs.
- Counter Balances: 12.5 lb. counterbalances slide vertically inside frame and reduce the actual bar weight by 25 lbs.
- Cables: 2,000 lb. capacity
- Bar Height Settings: Adjusts in 6 increments from 20 to 62
- Linear Bearings: Bar slides effortlessly on silky smooth quad-linear bearings
- Bar Safety Catches: Adjustable bar catches can be set from 20 up in 6 increments to accommodate any size user or lift
- Guiderods: 1 diameter guiderods are case hardened and polished
- Plate Storage: Includes three pairs of weight plate storage horns
- Weight Plates: Compatible with Olympic plates with 2 center hole only. Plates NOT included
- Finish: Chip resistant powder coat is electrostatically applied and then baked on at 400 degrees
- Color Availability: Your choice of powder coat colors per the drop down menu above. Need a custom color scheme? Contact an Ironcompany rep today
- Bolt Down Tabs: It is recommended that all Bomb Proof equipment featuring bolt down tabs is securely bolted to floor for maximum safety
- Uses: Commercial gyms
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Unit Weight: 400 lbs.
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Country of Origin: Proudly Made In The USA
BOMB PROOF® EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
Institutional grade, all rubber end caps are on all horizontal base points to ensure a stable base and non-slip performance.
A minimum 2" thick, high density neoprene padding is manufactured to withstand repeated compression.
Lock collars are used to secure pads allowing an excellent grip and pad replacement when needed.
Only zinc coated bolts with "nylock" nuts are used. These nuts have a nylon core that grip extra tight.
Frames are 2" x 3" and 2" x 2" 11-gauge A-36 carbon steel tubing and .035 MIG welded and powder-coated.
3/8" hardened pop pins and threaded secure locks are used to ensure that the unit is safe and stable.
All pivot points have oil-impregnated brass bushings. The bushing is being continually lubricated to last.
BOMB PROOF® uses 29 oz. marine grade vinyl which resists mold and mildew and is backed by 100% polyester.
Shipping NOT Included
Due to the size and/or weight of this product, this item does not include shipping. If you place an order for this item the shipping cost will be emailed to you within 24 hours and will be an additional charge. We do our best to assure you the lowest possible shipping cost available. If you would like to obtain a quote for this product or multiple products before you order please email us at Quotes@ironcompany.com for a shipping quote request and include the product(s) Manufacturer, Name, and Part Number along with the ship to address. We do our best to assure the lowest shipping cost available.
Some Bomb Proof® pieces will arrive fully welded and in one piece. It is the customers responsibility to make sure the dimensions of each piece will allow it to be moved to the preferred location in your home or business. Any fully welded pieces can be built to bolt together upon request. This may require an upcharge. Please consult with a salesman if you have doubt before placing the order!