Heavy-Duty Commercial Urethane Coated Hex Dumbbells -- Hampton (DBU)
5 lb. increments
Heavy-Duty Commercial Urethane Coated Hex Dumbbells - The first commercial quality Urethane Hex Dumbbell designed to be indestructible inside and out. Whether you're purchasing a light or heavy urethane coated dumbbell set for home or club, you can be certain that Hampton DBU fixed weight dumbbells can withstand any environment without any liability concerns to your commercial gym.
Urethane Coating - There are many different types of dumbbell coatings used to help prolong aesthetics and help minimize impact to surrounding floors and equipment. However, no other coating is superior to urethane in longevity and impact protection. Urethane encased hexagonal dumbbells are resistant to impact, abrasions and cuts that harsh gym environments can bring. They also create a protective barrier between floors and other equipment minimalizing impact and scuff marks. Hampton heavy-duty urethane hex dumbbells are also odor free, which is especially important for those using them at home in confined spaces.
Maintenance Free Design - Hampton Fitness invented the threaded and pinned handle originally for their Rubber Hex dumbbells to keep the cast iron heads from ever separating from the handles. This same proven 1/4" steel roll-pin design has been integrated into the Urethane Hex so that they will hold up in commercial environments. This commercial grade structure is paramount especially for heavy dumbbells that exert much more force than that of lighter dumbbells when dropped. In fact, they carry a full 5-Year structural warranty which is the same warranty offered with USA Made fully welded solid steel dumbbells.
Other little known facts about Hampton Urethane Dura-Bells:
- The cast iron head is actually round in shape as opposed to being hex shaped. This was done specifically to remove internal impact points and prevent the urethane from degrading from the inside out.
- Hampton was the first barbell company to embrace the contoured handle. The contoured, or "ergo", handle fits the natural contours of the hand much more than a solid round bar.
- Above 12 lb. sizing, all the Hampton Dura-Bell dumbbells feature a 35mm handle at the shoulder. This engineering has been found to drastically reduce bent or even broken handles.
Best Hex Dumbbells Money Can Buy - Over the past few years, hex dumbbells without a doubt have become one of the most sought after resistance training tools in the fitness industry. They're more affordable than other dumbbell options, they've got a comfortable contoured handle and they stay put when placed on the floor or on a bench. But what qualifies a hex dumbbell as being the best hex dumbbell to consider for any location? Here is why we think the Hampton Urethane Hex Dumbbell is the best money can buy:
- Urethane Durability - Hands down urethane is a far superior dumbbell coating compared to rubber. Urethane can handle much more abuse and will not crack, fade or peel due to drying out.
- Low to No Odor - The rubber hex dumbbell market is extremely competitive and the amount of shortcuts some manufacturers take and the inferior components they use to keep their costs down can create a series of time bombs for the unsuspecting customer, one of which is a very bad odor that can easily deter you from wanting to step foot in your home gym. Do a Google search for rubber hex dumbbell smell and you'll see tons of results addressing this very subject. Not so with urethane hex dumbbells! Urethane is a much higher quality product and inherently very low to no odor. This is one of the reasons urethane dumbbells and plates are so popular among all the top fitness clubs.
- Durability - In a perfect world, such as a home gym where the owner himself has shelled out the money for his own hex dumbbell set and therefore takes good care of them, the hundreds if not thousands of hard earned dollars invested into each hex dumbbell set would yield many years of trouble free training. If manufactured correctly, hex dumbbells will hold up well even in commercial environments. One of the biggest structural problems of the hex dumbbell is the potential for the weighted head to actually separate from the handle shaft. This is caused by manufacturing short cuts, such as simply gluing the head to the handle. Eventually the two are probably going to separate. This not only kills your investment and leaves a gaping hole in your set but quickly becomes a liability for facility owners. Hampton prevents this separation by threading the head and handle together and then driving a 1/4" thick steel roll pin into both fusing the two together forever.
- Hard Chrome Handles - When it comes to dumbbells and barbells, there are two kinds of chrome. Decorative chrome has a mirror finish and looks beautiful but has the potential to peel and flake off over time. Hard chrome has more of a satin finish and adheres to the underlying metal much better and will never peel or flake. Hampton finishes all their contoured urethane hex dumbbell handles in a hard wearing hard chrome finish that will withstand even the harshest of commercial gym environments.
Need a quick custom quote or a bulk discount? Call an IRON COMPANY® free weight specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email email@example.com
Set Pairs Include:
- 5-25 lb. Set (DBU-5-25) - (1) Pair Each of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 lbs. (150 lbs. total)
- 5-50 lb. Set (DBU-5-50) - (1) Pair Each of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 lbs. (550 lbs. total)
- 5-75 lb. Set (DBU-5-75) - (1) Pair Each of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 and 75 lbs. (1,200 lbs. total)
- 55-100 lb. Set (DBU-55-100) - (1) Pair Each of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 lbs. (1,550 lbs. total)
- 5-100 lb. Set (DBU-5-100) - (1) Pair Each of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 lbs. (2,100 lbs. total)
Hampton Urethane Dura-Bell Dumbbell Features:
- Construction: Threaded and pinned handle design will not allow heads to separate from handles
- Design: Inner round cast iron heads remove impact points and prevent urethane from degrading from the inside out
- Urethane: Impact and cut resistant surface is non-abrasive and will not markup floors or other equipment
- Odor: Odor free urethane is perfect for confined workout areas
- Non-Rolling: Hexagonal design prevents dumbbells from rolling off benches or across the floor
- Handles: Comfortable contoured handles are hard chromed for durability and will not flake or peel. 35mm diameter at the shoulder (above 12 lbs.) drastically reduces bent or broken dumbbell handles
- Handle Length: 5" for 5 lbs and 7.5 lbs, 5-3/4" for 10 lbs and higher (inside distance between urethane hex heads)
- Sizes: Weight sizes are permanently molded onto each dumbbell head and will not wear off. Available sizes are 5-100 lbs. If heavier sizes are needed Dura-Bells from 105-125 lbs. can be purchased with rubber coatings
- Uses: School weight rooms, CrossFit boxes and commercial gyms
- Warranty: 5-Year commercial warranty against breakage
- Home gyms
- Garage gyms
- Training studios
- Commercial gyms
- CrossFit boxes
- Military training
- High Intensity Interval Training
5-25 lb. to 5-75 lb. Sets = Freight cost included within the lower 48 states only.
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification before the delivery is made.
55-100 lb. and 5-100 lb. Sets = Freight cost included within the lower 48 states only.
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.