Selectorized Leg Extension Machine -- Bomb Proof (BP-112)
BOMB PROOF® Selectorized Leg Extension Machine - The BP-112 is an American Made Leg Extension Machine used for lower body strength training to build stronger, more muscular quadriceps muscles. The selectorized leg extension is very effective in developing the sought after tier drop shape directly above the knee. The BP-112 utilizes a cam to alter the resistance of the weight stack to match the strength profile of the quads. The strength of every muscle varies according to a combination of factors such as lever length and individual body makeup. The resistance changes on a cam as the distance of the cam changes from the rotational axis point. This is all calculated with regard to the average joint and leverage of the body movement. In a leg extension, you are weakest at the starting point and become stronger as the extension progresses. The cam on a leg extension provides the least resistance at the start and increases during the movement. When squatting, from a biomechanical view point, you are weakest coming out of the hole. Cam mechanisms on some leg presses mimic this profile, as well.
The BP-112 is a commercially rated seated leg extension machine that excels in performance and longevity in school weight rooms, training studios and commercial gyms. Its heavy-duty 2 x 2 x 11 gauge steel frame houses the 200 lb. weight stack that is driven by 2,000 lb. capacity steel cables, reinforced nylon pulley wheels with sealed ball bearings and polished steel guide rods. The shin and back pads are fully adjustable in 1 increments to conform to the different sizes and heights of all users. Seat padding includes supportive 2 thick closed cell foam covered by a hard wearing 29 oz marine grade vinyl. Buying American also means choosing your favorite powder coat and vinyl colors. Need custom colors to match existing equipment? Call an Ironcompany strength equipment specialist today for availability.
Need help selecting the right Adjustable Leg Extension Machine with Weight Stack for your school weight room or training facility? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Selectorized Leg Extension Specs and Info:
- Dimensions: 44 L x 42 W x 65 H
- Frame Construction: 2 x 2 x 11 gauge carbon steel with up to 75% post consumer recycled material
- Fabrication: Mig-welded and bolted frame for maximum strength and stability
- Seat Pad Dimensions: 20 L x 18 W
- Back Pad Dimensions: 12 L x 8 W
- Back Pad Adjustments: Adjusts in and out up to 7 in 1 increments via pop-pin
- Shin Pad Dimensions: 7 L x 18 W
- Shin Pad Adjustments: Adjusts up and down up to 8 in 1" increments via pop-pin
- Padding: Padding includes 2 thick dense foam padding for maximum support, comfort and longevity
- Dual Grips: Dual stabilizer grips are 18 apart
- Weight Stack: 200 lb. weight stack (1:1)
- Bearings: 1 flange bearing at the cam for smooth performance
- Cam Drive: Offers variable resistance to match the strength profile of the muscle
- Guide Rods: 1 diameter guide rods are case hardened and polished for smooth weight stack travel
- Cables: 19-strand 2,000 lb. capacity cable with protective nylon coating
- Pulley Wheels: Reinforced nylon pulleys include sealed ball bearings for smooth travel
- Vinyl: 29 oz. marine grade vinyl that resists mold and mildew and is easy to clean
- Finish: Chip resistant powder coat is electrostatically applied and then baked on at 400 degrees
- Color Availability: Your choice of powder coat and padding color per the drop down menu above
- Bolt Down Tabs: It is recommended that all Bomb Proof equipment featuring bolt down tabs is securely bolted to floor for maximum safety
- Uses: School weight rooms, training facilities and commercial gyms
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Unit Weight: 400 lbs.
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Country of Origin: Proudly Made In The USA
BOMB PROOF® Standard Upholstery Colors
Custom colors available for an upgrade - please call
BOMB PROOF® EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
Institutional grade, all rubber end caps are on all horizontal base points to ensure a stable base and non-slip performance.
A minimum 2" thick, high density neoprene padding is manufactured to withstand repeated compression.
Lock collars are used to secure pads allowing an excellent grip and pad replacement when needed.
Only zinc coated bolts with "nylock" nuts are used. These nuts have a nylon core that grip extra tight.
Frames are 2" x 3" and 2" x 2" 11-gauge A-36 carbon steel tubing and .035 MIG welded and powder-coated.
3/8" hardened pop pins and threaded secure locks are used to ensure that the unit is safe and stable.
All pivot points have oil-impregnated brass bushings. The bushing is being continually lubricated to last.
BOMB PROOF® uses 29 oz. marine grade vinyl which resists mold and mildew and is backed by 100% polyester.
Shipping NOT Included
Due to the size and/or weight of this product, this item does not include shipping. If you place an order for this item the shipping cost will be emailed to you within 24 hours and will be an additional charge. We do our best to assure you the lowest possible shipping cost available. If you would like to obtain a quote for this product or multiple products before you order please email us at Quotes@ironcompany.com for a shipping quote request and include the product(s) Manufacturer, Name, and Part Number along with the ship to address. We do our best to assure the lowest shipping cost available.
Some Bomb Proof® pieces will arrive fully welded and in one piece. It is the customers responsibility to make sure the dimensions of each piece will allow it to be moved to the preferred location in your home or business. Any fully welded pieces can be built to bolt together upon request. This may require an upcharge. Please consult with a salesman if you have doubt before placing the order!