Medical Upright Ergometer Bike with Bi-Directional Resistance -- Spirit Fitness (MU100)
Spirit Medical Systems Bi-Directional Upright Lower-Body Ergometer - The MU100 Medical Upright Bike by Spirit Fitness is a commercial ergometer cycle designed for use in medical and specialized care applications for muscular and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and physical therapy. The MU100 addresses lower-body conditioning with advanced options for optimal knee positioning. Clinicians may input desired knee flexion angles and the software will suggest the pedal and the seats fore/aft position. Variables such as body symmetry and limb length can be taken into account for clinicians to finely tailor to every patients needs.
The MU100 is equipped with the standard MA900 Rehabilitation Adjustable Crank, allowing clinicians to address lower extremity range of motion differences by individual positioning of the pedals.
Spirit Medical Systems Group, the medical division of Spirit Fitness, offers a full series of medical-grade cardio equipment including bi-directional treadmills, recumbent steppers, upright ergometer bikes, and recumbent ergometer bikes. Spirit medical cardio machines offer specialized functionality, ergonomics, programmability, and accessibility designed to meet the needs of both doctors and patients alike. In addition to standard hospital and physical therapy application, Spirit Medical Systems treadmills, steppers, and cycle ergometers are ideally suited for use in Veteran Affairs medical centers (VAMC), university research hospitals, Wounded Warrior care centers, sports rehabilitation centers, neurological clinics, elderly care facilities, and pediatric treatment centers.
Purchase Spirit Fitness Commercial Medical Upright Exercise Bikes on GSA contract - All Spirit Fitness Medical Series cardio equipment can be purchased from IRON COMPANY® on GSA Contract GS-07F-0104M and CMAS Contract 4-12-78-0066A.
- Adjustable Pedal Cranks: Enables a clinician to adjust the bike to accommodate a patients ROM performance capabilities. This includes independently, single side or bi-lateral adjustments from a limited range-of-motion as small as 15 degrees through full range-of motion.
- Bi-Directional Resistance: Forward and reverse pedaling for instantaneous retro-cycling
- Multiple Resistance Modes: Constant resistance, constant power and Isokinetic resistance
- Dynamic Braking: Minimizes impulse loading
- Work Rate: Range from under 5 watts up to 1,750 watts
- Documentable Patient Positioning: All seat and pedal crank adjustments have numbered indexing for consistent patient set-up from visit to visit
- Multiple Seat Adjustments: Up/down seat position detents | Fore/aft patient positioning | Hand-tight, positive locking knobs
- Intuitive interface for ease of operation
- Unique knee angle data input: Allows entry of desired ROMs to determine seat and pedal crank settings minimizing the guess work
- Set-up mode: Allows quick entry of patient data, resistance resolution, settings, and how the information is displayed
- Large, easy-to-read displays: Time, RPM, Watts, Calories, METs, Heart Rate, Power, and much more
- Multiple Programs include: Quick Start, Manual Mode, Preset Hill, Plateau, and Interval profiles; Custom Facility protocol program, VO2 sub-max YMCA protocol, Isokinetic speed based resistance (from 25 to 100 RPM)
- Unique Symmetry program: Measures and displays power around the pedal stroke; Biofeedback encourages patients to maintain power between right and left leg
- Measurement of Bi-Lateral Power: Example: "Left 41 watts - Right 34 watts"
- Software Assisted Patient Set-Up
- Heavy Duty, 8 Groove Poly-V Belt for smooth, quiet operation
- Dual Spring Loaded Idlers provide a low start-up resistance and forward/reverse pedaling motion
- Pedal to Brake Ratio provides smoother pedaling motion
- Electro-Magnetic Resistance: Allows for very small increments of workloads (5 watts per level at 60 RPM, 2 watts per level at 30 RPM
- Dual Electromagnets: Provides a controlled isokinetic resistance and unique Dynamic Braking mode
Advantages and Clinical Applications:
- Closed kinetic chain: Begin exercise earlier, safely, and impact free within the pain free ROM thereby reducing the patient's "fear factor"
- Patient positioning: Adjustable swivel seat position, seat back, and pedal crank for easy patient set- up, knee and hip angle adjustments
- Exercise in both directions: Active movement in both directions
- Bi-lateral symmetry: Monitoring assists in improving limb deficiencies and walking gait
- For Patients with: Patella femoral conditions, total knee replacements, ACL, MCL, and PCL repairs, other ligamentous repairs, arthritic conditions, tendonitis, and many more conditions will benefit
- MA901 Neurological Pedal Set: The MA901 enables patients with neurological dysfunctions to exercise in a closed chain environment. This is achieved by having the patient's feet secured to the pedal with a heel cup and 2 straps. The MA901 offers the following features:
- Sold as a set (pair)
- Available option for MU100 Upright Bike and MR100 Recumbent Bike
- Increases motor learning and range of motion
- Promotes strengthening and skill building
- Adjustable tightness ensures that the feet do not move during closed kinetic chain exercise
- Can replace most existing 9/16" threaded bike cranks, converting a standard exercise bike into a clinically effective rehabilitation tool
- Power: 120V / 15 Amp (NEMA 5-15P plug)
- Dimensions: 42.5" L x 22.5" W x 54.5" H
- Product Weight: 119 lbs (54kg)
- Max user weight: 440 lbs (200 kg)
- Certifications: ISO 13485, IEC 60601-1-2, RoHS
Warranty - Full Commercial (All Facilities):
- Lifetime - Frame
- 5 Years - EMS brake
- 3 Years - Parts
- 3 Years - Labor
Looking to make a bulk purchase of rehabilitation cycles for your medical facility? Contact an IRON COMPANY® commercial equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.