Medical Total Body Recumbent Stepper with Removable Seat for Wheelchair Access -- Spirit Fitness (MS350)
Spirit Medical Systems Recumbent Stepper with Wheelchair Access - The MS350 Medical Recumbent Stepper by Spirit Fitness is a semi-recumbent step machine with a removable seat allowing use by wheelchair patients in medical and specialized care applications for muscular and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and physical therapy. Patients can experience full body exercise through coordinated, linear, and natural 1:1 leg and arm motion. Self-adjustable stroke length accommodates patients' specific range of motion capabilities, providing low impact movement for knees, ankles, and hips in a safe semi-recumbent position. Versatile for different training emphasis, the MS350's unique quadrilateral exercise pattern allows users to selectively distribute different extent of exercise efforts across their four limbs. Limbs that input more force can efficiently lead less involved limbs to functional movements and maintain elevated heart rate. A low inertia starting at 5 watts translates to smoothness; the work rate can increase up to 750 watts, accompanied by different step speeds of the users choice.
The MS350 Medical Stepper offers a unique advantage over the standard model MS300 in that the adjustable seat can be removed for wheelchair access. Once the seat is removed, a wheelchair can be rolled from the rear over the base frame platform, coming to a stop towards the front half of the machine to allow access to handles and pedals. Front wheels of the wheelchair are then secured on both sides by fastening straps attached to the lower frame to ensure safety and avoid any movement during exercise. This allows wheelchair-bound patients easy access to the cardio machine without need for physical transfer from a wheelchair to a fixed seat. The MS350 allows patient warm-up before a physical therapy session as well as cardiovascular exercise. Therapists can have the patient pedal to improve range of motion after surgery in the knees, hips, ankles, shoulders, or wrists. If a patient does not have use of the legs, the arms can be used alone without having to engage the stepping motion with the feet to still provide upper body strengthening and cardiopulmonary workload. Because the MS350 can be used with either a seat or with a wheelchair, it is also a great choice of cardio exercise equipment outside of medical applications for users with limited mobility or active aging exercisers, especially in assisted living facilities for seniors.
Spirit Medical Systems Group, the medical division of Spirit Fitness, offers a full series of medical-grade cardio equipment including bi-directional treadmills, recumbent steppers, upright ergometer bikes, and recumbent ergometer bikes. Spirit medical cardio machines offer specialized functionality, ergonomics, programmability, and accessibility designed to meet the needs of both doctors and patients alike. In addition to standard hospital and physical therapy application, Spirit Medical Systems treadmills, steppers, and cycle ergometers are ideally suited for use in Veteran Affairs medical centers (VAMC), university research hospitals, Wounded Warrior care centers, sports rehabilitation centers, neurological clinics, elderly care facilities, and pediatric treatment centers.
Purchase Spirit Fitness Commercial Medical Recumbent Step Machines on GSA contract - All Spirit Fitness Medical Series cardio equipment can be purchased from IRON COMPANY® on GSA Contract GS-07F-0104M and CMAS Contract 4-12-78-0066A.
- Step-through frame design
- 360 degree full seat rotation
- Removable seat for direct wheelchair access
- Linked upper and lower body linear pattern
- Natural Motion: 1:1 leg to arm ratio
- Upper Body Movement: Arms can be used alone without stepping with feet
- Adjustable position handles: With articulating hand grips
- Cushioned footplates: With stabilization straps
- Adjustable step range: From 1 inch to 12.5 inches
- Self adjustable step length: Allows patients to pedal in smaller range of knee motion, from 5 degrees to full range
- Resistance mode: Isokinetic - Step speeds from 10 to 210 steps/minute
- Low inertia: Starting resistance of 5 watts
- Work Rate: Range from under 5 watts up to 750 watts
- Heart rate monitoring: Both handle held and telemetry
- Multiple seat adjustments: 8 position swivel seat with seat belt for patient safety and ease of patient ingress and egress | 6 position recline seat back for hip angle adjustments | Fore/aft patient positioning
- User height range: Indexed seat positioning accommodates users from 4'10" to 6'7"
- Intuitive interface for ease of operation
- Large, easy-to-read displays: Time, Speed (steps per minute), Step Length, Step Count, Watts, Calories, METs, Heart Rate, Resistance Level, Symmetry, and much more
- Programs include: Manual, Hill, Plateau, Interval, Facility, HR, Symmetry, Patient Set Up
- Unique Symmetry program: Measures and displays power throughout the pedal stroke. Biofeedback encourages patients to maintain power between right and left side
- Graphic bio-feedback display: If measuring arms only the graph and power readings will be reversed
- Measurement of Bi-Lateral Power: Example: "Left 41 watts - Right 34 watts"
- Isokinetic resistance: Safe and accommodating resistance that is patient determined throughout the entire range of motion
- Power Train: Heavy duty, 8 groove poly-v belt for smooth, quiet operation. The foot pedal assembly rides on high-end linear bearings and guides
- Braking Device: Eddy Current Brake (Quiet, frictionless and maintenance free). Small flywheel mass ensures a minimum starting torque providing low inertia
Advantages and Clinical Applications
- Combined upper and lower body movements: Provides full body workout, building strength and range-of-motion and utilizing wellness programs to increase longevity
- Dependently linked, linear motion pedals: Enables users to self-adjust the stroke length to accommodate their range-of-motion capabilities
- Closed kinetic chain: Provides low impact movement with minimal stress on knees, ankles, hips and low back in a safe and comfortable semi-recumbent position
- Quadrilateral exercise pattern: Allows users to distribute the exercise efforts across four limbs. By reducing the effort from the involved limb and transferring a greater effort to the uninvolved limbs, they will maintain an elevated heart rate to achieve exercise potential.
- Applications include: Orthopedic, Sports Medicine, Neurological, and Cardiac Rehabilitation as well as Senior Rehab and Wellness Training
MA902 Lower Body Lateral Stabilizer: The Bi-Lateral Calf Support Component offers advanced support for patients experiencing lower body deficiencies or weaknesses that require additional leg and foot alignment to achieve maximal results. The MA902 offers the following features:
- Sold as a set (pair)
- Features attachment just below the knee, thereby eliminating any knee torque
- Fully adjustable to keep the lower limb in proper alignment
- Pivoting allows the ankle to move freely in its normal path
- Minimizes lower limb adduction or abduction
- Lightweight yet durable construction
- Easy attachment and removal on footplate assembly
MA906 Hand and Wrist Stabilizer: The Hand/Wrist Component allows users with limited or no hand strength to enjoy the benefits of the MS300. Patients with hand and wrist deficiencies will find comfort and security in maintaining a stable hand position throughout the exercise session. The MA906 offers the following features:
- Sold as a set (pair)
- Keeps the hands in place during exercise
- Stable and correct hand position throughout the workout
- Support for the wrist while minimizing wrist flexion
- Reduction in pressure points
- Full and natural range of motion for the upper body movement
- Easy attachment and removal on the pivoting handgrips
- Power: Plug-in, 120V / 15 Amp (NEMA 5-15P plug), 50/60 Hz, 0.6-0.4A, Sinpro Model # HPU32A-105, 30 watt
- Assembled Dimensions: 80.3" L x 33.1" W x 46.9" H
- Product Weight: 305.8 lbs (139 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions and Weight (boxed only):
- Box 1 - 46" L x 23" W x 35" H (194 lbs.)
- Box 2 - 43" L x 23" W x 26" H (143 lbs.)
- Shipping Dimensions (palletized): 48" L x 40" W x 42" H (Freight Class 110)
- Shipping Weight (palletized): 387 lbs.
- Max user weight: 440 lbs. (200 kg)
- Certifications: ISO 13485, IEC 60601-1-1, RoHS, TUV listed to UL 60601-1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60601-1:08, CE Conformity to EN 60601-1 EMC, Compliance to EN 60601-1-2m
Warranty - Full Commercial (All Facilities):
- Lifetime - Frame
- 5 Years - EMS brake
- 3 Years - Parts
- 3 Years - Labor
Need additional medical fitness equipment for patient rehabilitation or physical therapy? Contact an IRON COMPANY® exercise equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.