XPT Trainer - Self-Spotting Sports Performance Training Rack -- Tuff Stuff (XPT-051C)
Weight Plates and Bench NOT Included
TuffStuff Fitness XPT Training System Dynamic Smith Machine - The Ultimate Training Partner - The XPT Trainer is the industry's first and only self-spotting, free-weight training system allowing vertical, horizontal, diagonal, lateral and rotational bar movement. With the free-form bar and proprietary "Quad Lock" braking system, the XPT effectively combines the desired benefits of free weights with the safety of machine weights into one system. With the XPT you can perform conventional lifts, Olympic lifts and explosive, competitive movements to develop the highest level of speed and power. The XPT also eliminates the need for expensive bumper plates for explosive training since the revolutionary mechanical design prevents the accelerated downward force associated with a free falling loaded barbell hitting the ground. The XPT was designed and developed in collaboration by Brady Poppinga (NFL Veteran & 2010 Super Bowl Champion) and TuffStuff Fitness International.
"Training on the XPT is the best way to build explosive muscle speed and strength, and develop competitive power, to effectively bridge the gap between the weight room and the field of competition."
– Brady Poppinga, 2010 Super Bowl Champion and NFL Veteran Linebacker
What is the difference between a conventional Smith Machine and the XPT Omnidirectional Smith Machine? When it comes to self-spotting free weight machines, everyone is familiar with the tried and true Smith machine. Essentially, a Smith machine consists of a barbell that travels on a fixed plane of motion up and down along steel rails, allowing only vertical movement at 90 degrees (or just slightly angled from completely vertical). The bar on a traditional Smith machine is permanently mounted horizontally so that balance or stabilization of the loaded bar is not factored into the exercise. The XPT starts with the basic concept of a self-spotting machine, but then explodes past it in all other ways, quite literally. First while the Smith machine is locked into one vertical plane of movement, the XPT is completely free-form, or "3-D" in its movement, allowing the bar to not only move upward and downward but forward and backward as well. Motion in three dimensions is defined by displacement, velocity, and acceleration. Three-dimensional movement of the bar freely conforms to the exercise being performed, allowing a full and natural range of motion throughout explosive movements during high intensity strength training. This natural movement also lessens stress on the knees and lower back sometimes experienced while squatting on a Smith machine. Since each side of the bar works independently on its own freely moving carriage, the XPT also allows a much more authentic lifting experience since balance and stability of the bar are now factored into the functional movement being performed. Smith machine bars are often heavily counterbalanced, so that a full size Olympic bar in "appearance" may only actually weigh 15 to 25 pounds during the lift itself, thus allowing the perception to the exerciser of more weight being lifted. Given that the XPT is designed for true sports performance training, the attached bar is counterbalanced to exactly 45 pounds so that it not only feels but responds like a free weight Olympic bar in the athletes hands. That means that workout programs can be designed more universally without adaptation between training on the XPT or breaking away from the rack to actual free weight lifts. Finally, the XPT is by far the safest and easiest self-spotting functional training rack on the planet. No longer does the athlete have to rotate the bar forward or backward while lining up safety hooks to the frame of the cage to "rack" the weight upon completion of a set. By simply releasing the grip handles, the bar carriages on both sides will instantly lock securely into place no matter what the vertical position or angle of the bar. This takes the principle of "training to failure" to the literal extreme since an athlete can rep through maximum exertion and then release the bar at the point of muscle exhaustion. The athlete can actually let go of the bar at any time, even if directly overhead, and it will stop and lock with no danger of falling. No fear. No fumbling. All function.
- (1) XPT Self Spotting Free Weight Training System with Counterbalanced Bar
- (2) Weight Collars
Unique Linear Guided Barbell System:
- Allows vertical, horizontal, diagonal, lateral, and rotational bar motion to effectively engage all primary muscle groups and secondary stabilizer groups, while forcing the central nervous system to control all bar motion, optimizing muscle strength and development
- Unlimited barbell motion and 270° of bar rotation allows the performance of all traditional barbell, Olympic and athletic lifts within the safe confines of the rack and without the need for space consuming platforms and expensive bumper plates
- Custom 96 Olympic bar has a 51" effective inside grip dimension for performance of all wide grip barbell exercises and overhead lifts
- Conveniently counter balanced to provide a traditional 45 lb. empty (unloaded) Olympic bar starting weight
"Developing top end speed, power and explosiveness is the number one priority behind any athletic training program. You must train in the weight room the same way you compete."
– Brady Poppinga, 2010 Super Bowl Champion and NFL Veteran Linebacker
Patented Quad Lock Braking System:
- Fully adjustable, mechanically actuated lever brake system, shaped to conform to Olympic bar for natural fit and feel in the hand
- Simply opening the hand automatically releases the lever and engages four solid steel locking pins, immediately catching and stopping the bar in any position in case of a missed lift or emergency situation
- Makes racking and un-racking the bar or changing the bar's starting height safe and easy from many position - no need to twist your wrist, move your arms, or step forward and backward with a loaded bar to find a bar catch
- Allows the performance of concentric only explosive movements without the corresponding need for eccentric loading or deceleration of the bar
- Cross-beam safety stoppers are an added safety measure to catch any accidental release of the press bar or users fatigue
- Weight collars (pair) are provided to secure the weight plates - must be used at all times
Exclusive Design Features:
- Built-in counterbalanced system allows starting weight at 45 lbs.
- Linear Guide Barbell System allowing vertical, horizontal, diagonal, lateral, and rotational bar movement
- Horizontally adjustable handles to accommodate various grip positions and can also be rotated up or down
- Self-spotting patented Quad Lock Braking System allows safe free weight training
- Provides 31 bar positions to accommodate any start (or finish) height
- Cross-beam safety stopper with ratchet-style catches allows easy up-and-down adjustments
- Maximum weight load capacity 600 lbs.
- 3" x 3" 7-gauge and 2" x 3" 11-gauge tubular steel construction
- Proprietary 8-step electrostatically applied powder coat finish, oven baked to insure durability
- Deep penetrating electrically welded high strength frames
- 3/4-inch solid steel 1045 (TGP) guide rods with highly polished hard chrome finish
- USA-Made/Certified 3/16" EXERFLEX PRO® high performance fitness cables used on the counter-balance system
- 3/8" and 1/2" grade 5 & 8 frame bolts used for optimum strength and durability
- Heavy-duty molded rubber base feet ensure stability, prevent equipment movement, and may be bolted to the floor
- Custom two tone finish offering choice of seven colors for primary frame pieces
Additional Design Features:
- Multi-Grip pull-up bar on front cross-member with close, medium, and wide grip hand positions
- (3) lower band pegs on each side of base frame for strength band resistance training
- Instructional placard with guidelines for proper use and safety
Two Tone Color Finish:
- Primary: Upright posts, side frame supports (top)
- Platinum Sparkle is standard and stocked/available for immediate shipping
- All other color options are available at no additional charge, but additional lead time will apply for repainting
- Secondary: Top and bottom cross-members, side frame supports (bottom), spotter bars, top pulley brackets - Available in MATTE BLACK ONLY
- Assembled Dimensions: 65" L x 98" W x 103" H (165 x 249 x 262 cm)
- Assembled Weight: 725 lbs. (329 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions (on pallet): 103" L x 26" W x 30" H (Freight Shipping Class 70)
- Shipping Weight (on pallet): 982 lbs. (NOTE: liftgate service NOT available due to length of pallet)
- TEN (10) YEARS: Structural frame (coating excluded) and welds
- ONE (1) YEAR: Safety Lock components & locking pins and Quad Lock brakes components (excluding cables), and
- 6 MONTHS: Locking-pin cables, release handle cables, counter balance cables, frame finish/coating (applies only to defects from manufacturer)
- All other parts not mentioned - one (1) year from the date of purchase to the original purchaser (applies only to defects from manufacturer)
Looking for multiple pieces of strength equipment for a sports performance training center? Contact an IRON COMPANY® free weight equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification before the delivery is made.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.