XTERRA Fitness Free Style 5.6e Incline Elliptical Trainer for Home -- Spirit Fitness (FS5.6e)
XTERRA Fitness Free Style 5.6e Elliptical Trainer - The FS5.6e Free Style Elliptical Trainer by XTERRA Fitness is a full-body cardio trainer machine with both upper body and lower body motion used to improve cardiovascular conditioning and endurance, and to promote weight loss and body fat reduction through non-impact aerobic exercise. Whether you want to prepare yourself like a professional XTERRA triathlete or simply improve your health and fitness, the XTERRA Fitness FS5.6e incline elliptical trainer is the perfect product for proper training. 20 levels of electronic magnetic resistance, 20 levels of electronic elevation, and creative programming options will keep your training challenging and motivating. Track your progress on the easy-to-read 6.5" blue backlit LCD console while listening to your favorite music and staying cool with the built in fan. The minimal distance between pedals and the 2 degree inward pedal tilt will promote a biomechanically correct stride and comfortable journey towards your fitness goals.
What does Q Factor mean and why is important when considering the right elliptical trainer? When applied to fitness equipment, Q-Factor is the measurement of distance between the pedals. When a person walks or runs "free style", the optimal positioning is to have your feet touch the ground right under your hips. Not only does this keep the body properly balanced upright, but allows for the most efficient energy expenditure during "push off" to maintain both speed and endurance. When using a treadmill, a person's natural stride will dictate motion during exercise, exactly mimicking outdoor exercise. However, since with an elliptical an exerciser must position his or her feet as dictated by the fixed pedals beneath, proper location and alignment of such pedals will determine the comfort level and biomechanical efficiency during exercise performance. Some elliptical crosstrainers have pedals spaced 4 to 6 inches apart (or more), meaning a person's feet are then spaced apart by 6 to 8 inches, or possibly even greater. In this case, because a persons feet may no longer be in line with the body's center of gravity, a side to side "rocking" motion of the body becomes more prominent, and a person may also experience some stress or discomfort on the hips and outer part of the knees. The engineers who built the XTERRA FS5.6e designed the pedals to sit as close as possible to each other without touching during motion, resulting in a most impressive Q-factor of ONLY 2 INCHES measured from the inside of one pedal to the inside of the opposite pedal. By minimizing this space between the inside of the pedals, your body will be in a much more ergonomically correct upright position and alignment as you exercise, simulating a motion much truer to that of walking or running.
- Console: 6.5" Blue Backlit LCD with Storage Area, Audio Input Jack (MP3 compatible), Cooling Swivel Fan, and Console Speakers
- Display Feedback: Time, Speed, Calories Burned, Program, Distance, Level, RPM, Watts, Pulse, Heart Rate Profile
- Programs: (1) Manual, (5) Preset, (2) User & (2) Heart Rate
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Contact Pulse Grip Sensors and Wireless Chest Strap Compatible (HR strap not included)
- Magnetic Resistance: Friction-Free providing smooth and quiet operation
- Electronic Resistance Levels: 20
- Electronic Incline Levels: 20
- Stride Length: 20"
- Remote Controls: Hand Grip Mounted Resistance Controls
- Flywheel System: 21 lbs., Steel
- Wheels: Concave, High Durometer Wheels ride smoothly on Aluminum Rails
- Pedals: Oversized with 2° Inversion (inward pedal tilt for knee comfort and optimal body alignment)
- Q-Factor: 2" (distance between pedals)
- Base: Convenient Transport Wheels, Lift Handle, and Self-Levelers
- Frame: Heavy-Duty Steel
- Sturdy Construction: Sealed Commercial Bearings and Premium Bushings on all Pivot Points
- Maximum User Weight: 375 lbs.
- Power: 110v Plug In
- Assembled Dimensions: 75.6" L x 21.3" W x 62.6" H
- Assembled Weight: 209 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions (boxed): 66.1" x 22.4" x 33.7"
- Shipping Weight (boxed): 235 lbs. (does not include pallet weight)
Warranty - Residential:
- Lifetime - Frame & Brake
- 5 Years - Parts
- 1 Year - Labor
Looking for an additional cardio machine or strength equipment to complete your home gym? Contact an IRON COMPANY® residential equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.