Light Weight 3.75 inch USA-Made Slam Ball - Non-Bounce Medicine Ball | D-Ball (DB3.75)
D-Ball American-Made Medicine Balls - 3.75” Diameter
Yellow or Black
Available from 0.5 to 3 lbs.
D-Ball American-Made Medicine Balls - The "Original" Slam Ball - D-Ball can make the claim to be the pioneer of the modern slam ball as we know it today with its original design of non-bouncing medicine ball, and for proudly being the manufacturer of the ONLY slam ball MADE IN THE USA! What makes D-Ball heavy balls different from other slammer balls on the market? D-Ball starts by using polyvinyl chloride (PVC), instead of rubber like most others, that goes through a unique rotational molding process perfected by parent company Mondo Polymers. Liquid PVC is poured like molasses into a mold, baked in an oven, and then cooled down to a flexible state. Each D-Ball slammer ball has a wall thickness of 3/8" no matter the diameter, as compared to 1/8" standard to most other core training balls in the industry. During product development D-Balls go through rigorous testing in an automated slam machine, being slammed repeatedly every 5 seconds until failure. What this ensures is that you will receive the toughest, thickest, most durable slam ball on the planet, designed to be thrown on any surface with as much force as possible. Plus, the fact that the D-Ball does not bounce creates additional workload during slam ball exercises as it must be picked up off the ground each time it is thrown down!
D-Ball's philosophy is to make a fitness product that is useful always and everywhere. Instead of just sand or imported metal shot like many competitors' slam balls, D-Ball uses a proprietary mixture of 6-7 fill materials inside each ball. Because of this, each ball will have a consistent feel no matter the weight or exercise with no "slosh" effect. By merely changing the composition of the fill material, D-Ball can vary the weight dramatically from very light to super heavy (using USA-manufactured steel shot as a heavy metal filler), all the while remaining consistent within a single diameter size. This is not true with other manufacturers, who often have to keep increasing diameter of the slam ball to accommodate more, or heavier, filler material as ball weights increase. Some sand-filled balls will clump, harden, and become permanently misshapen due to moisture exposure, also referred to as the "concrete" effect. D-Balls experience no clumping, and no hardening due to the mix of fillers used. Moreover, a vent hole in the ball plug allows each ball to adjust to atmospheric conditions such as heat, cold, air pressure, and altitude. No matter where the balls are used, or whatever the temperature, the soft feel will remain constant.
What is the proper diameter D-Ball for slam ball strength routines, conditioning and rehabilitation, and crossfit exercises? D-Ball medicine balls come in eight different diameters ranging from 3.75 inches to 15 inches. D-Ball is also one of the only manufacturers to make identical weights available in balls of different diameters. Varying the diameter of the strength ball used will completely change the dynamic of the exercise performed, from balance point to center of gravity to range of motion. In addition, different exercisers can in effect "personalize" the right size ball to their specific frame size or ball handling preference, and then choose the best weight that matches their needs within their functional training workouts. D-Ball 5 inch weighted strength balls are available in 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 pound increments. This smaller size is perfect for single-handed drills and for use by children and junior athletes.
How can D-Ball Slam Balls be purchased on GSA or CMAS contract through IRON COMPANY®? They can be purchased on GSA Contract 47QSMA22D08NN through the GSA Advantage website, or you can Contact A Sales Rep.
Who uses D-Ball Medicine Balls?
- High School and Collegiate Sports Teams
- Children and Young Athletes
- Cross Fit Gyms and Competition Teams
- Athletes from many disciplines, including football, basketball, baseball, soccer and swimming
- Fire Departments
- Military and Law Enforcement
- Search and Rescue Teams
- (1) 3.75" diameter D-Ball Medicine Ball
- Proudly MADE IN THE USA
- Color: Yellow or Black
- 3.75" Diameter (all weights)
- 3/8" PVC wall thickness
- Non-tacky feel
- Soft for a firm hold
- Raised dimple texture for sure grip
- Raised rib rings for additional ease of grip
- Intended for use with:
- Single-hand training
- Slams and throw downs
- Sports motion training
- Throwing and catching
- Scoops and tosses
- Overhead circles
- Warranty: 1 Year for institutional use / 2 Years for individual use
NOTE: Please allow up to 3 weeks manufacturer production lead time prior to shipping for PINK only
Tips for Choosing the Right Weight and Diameter
DBall medicine balls come in a variety of colors, sizes, and weights to train a variety of physical modalities. In general, smaller and lighter balls should be used to train for speed and agility, while heavier medicine balls are used for strength-based or power training.
- Determine whether the ball will be used for throwing, catching, or simply added resistance as this will determine whether you should select a standard ball or a specialty ball.
- Choose a weight that is heavy enough to slow the motion but not so heavy that accuracy, control, or range of motion is lessened. Fatigue at the end of a workout will diminish motor skills, therefore choosing a ball that allows you to maintain control even when tired is imperative.
- For power training, it is recommended you choose a ball that is 30-50% of the one rep max of a similar weight training exercise.
- To ensure progressive training over time, be sure to choose a medicine ball set that allows you to continually increase the weight for various exercises you will be performing while still maintaining control.
- It is often better to choose a lighter ball and gradually increase the resistance over time. This ensures proper technique is learned and maintained.
- Choose the size of medicine ball based on the specific movements that you will be doing. For example, medicine ball throws and slams may require a medium sized ball, while medicine ball cleans may work better with a much larger ball.
Want to learn some classic medicine ball drills to improve hip mobility, hand-eye-coordination, and hand agility? Check out this video showing a modern take on vintage World War II-era training routines.
Need a fast quote today for a custom medicine ball set or group fitness package? Call 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Does NOT Include Shipping:
- Shipping Quote: To obtain a shipping quote for any quantity of D-Ball’s prior to ordering, please Contact A Sales Rep or email email@example.com.
- Online Orders: Customers placing an online order will be contacted shortly after the order is received for approval of additional shipping costs to your area. Please note, we will not finalize and ship your product without prior approval of any additional shipping costs that were not included in your original order.
- UPS: Most orders will ship via UPS ground to the location you have set as the shipping address in your order or quote request.
- Freight: Larger orders exceeding 200 lbs. will usually ship via one of our freight carriers. Freight deliveries are considered "curbside" only and will be delivered on a wooden pallet in a location at your address at the drivers discretion that is suitable for a tractor trailer. Your delivery will include a 24-hour notification to schedule delivery for the next business day and lift gate service only. There will be an upcharge for any additional delivery services (i.e. inside delivery). Customers are required to be available at the time of delivery to inspect the shipment, make note of any damage or shortages, and sign the delivery receipt including notes of any damage or shortages.