6' Aluminum Olympic Training Bar 15 lbs. - Technique Bar -- Ironcompany (ICWAB)
Benefit: Lightweight Aluminum
IRON COMPANY® 6' Aluminum Training Bar for Olympic Lift Technique Training - The IRON COMPANY 6' Olympic Technique Bar is a lightweight Olympic bar constructed of aluminum and weighs in at only 15 lbs. The bar shaft features a 28mm diameter gripping area with diamond knurling and Olympic hash marks but does not include center knurling. Total gripping area from inside collar to inside collar is 49.5". 10" long aluminum weight sleeves allow plenty of room for multiple technique or bumper plates and freely rotate on brass bushings for maximum performance and reduced torque on the wrists while practicing lifting technique. Both the shaft and weight sleeves are coated in bright silver zinc for improved finish durability and aesthetics.
What is a technique bar for Olympic weightlifting? When learning to correctly perform Olympic lifts such as deadlifts, clean and jerk, and snatches, weightlifters will often use a very light bar so that focus can be directed towards the proper mechanics of the movement, rather than expenditure of power. When used with full-size, lightweight Olympic technique plates, the "alumilite" training bar becomes an effective tool for instruction and practice. Ultra-lite technique bars are used by beginners as well as advanced competitors. Because of the light weight, they are also perfect for warm up as well as use by young adults and women where a traditional 45 pound bar may be too heavy, even when unloaded. The IRON COMPANY® Training Bar is similar to a regulation Olympic weightlifting barbell for hand placement and grip position which can then be maintained as an athlete progresses to a full size bar. The bar is not meant for heavy lifts or slamming movements, but rather controlled, calculated movements. This bar is particularly helpful for group instruction of crossfit workouts where users will vary in experience levels, age, and strength.
Need additional information on this Aluminum Training Bar or other fitness equipment items that fit within your budget and address your fitness goals? Contact an IRON COMPANY fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lightweight Technique Bar Features:
- Includes: One 6' Olympic bar
- Construction: Aluminum bar and sleeves
- Total Length: 6' (72")
- Grip: Medium diamond knurling (DOES NOT include center knurl)
- Grip Diameter: 1.10" (28mm)
- Gripping Area: 49.5" from inside collar to inside collar
- Hash Marks: Single ring Olympic hash marks
- Finish: Bright zinc bar shaft and sleeves
- Bar Rotation: Bushing design for low friction spin
- Sleeve Assembly: Snap ring
- Sleeve Length: 10"
- End Caps: Steel end caps with IRON COMPANY logo
- Plate Compatibility: Olympic plates with 2" center hole ONLY
- Weight Limit: Not recommended to exceed 175 lbs. total
- Collars: NOT included
- Uses: Garage Gyms, CrossFit Boxes, Sports Performance Training Centers and Commercial Gyms
- Warranty: 1-Year warranty against manufacturer defects
- Storage: As with any Olympic bar, store indoors out of the elements
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Ship Weight: 18 lbs.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS.