Adjustable Height Wobble Board -- Aeromat (AEROMAT-33815)
Aeromat Adjustable Height Wobble Board - The Aeromat 33815 is an Adjustable Height Wobble Board, or balance board, featuring a circular deck and attachable cap for quick height adjustments from 1.5 to 2.5. Unlike a Rocker Board that only allows front to back movement (or side to side depending on which way you use it), a wobble board allows 360 degree rotation and angle for limitless movement and training options. Beginners usually prefer a lower deck setting while experienced wobble board exercisers will prefer the higher setting. Wobble board training can be performed in a seated position for rehabilitating ankle injuries, such as sprains, or can be accomplished by using a chair for added stability or free standing for maximum instability. Depending on your wobble board experience, selecting the right type of floor is also important. Hard floors such as wood or tile can be much too challenging and even slippery. Using a carpet or rug with low to mid pile or even an exercise mat can provide a suitable platform for any level of balance board training.
Exercising on a wobble board can be fun while at the same time providing many benefits. A wobble board is an effective proprioception enhancing tool. What is proprioception? Proprioception is our sense of relative positioning of different parts of the body, such as the arms and legs, and the strength and effort in which it takes to achieve these movements. An example of proprioception can be as simple as reaching over to shut off the alarm clock to as complex as an athlete jumping up to catch a ball with both hands. Directly linked to proprioception is our ability to balance ourselves while at rest or during complex movements. Once the user masters the wobble board in the standing position without the edges touching the ground, there are many progressions that can be performed to further enhance the balance. Users can perform knee bends or squats or balance while using exercise accessories such as light dumbbells or a medicine ball. Use a ball to throw against a wall or back and forth to a partner. The number of wobble board exercises and the benefits they provide are almost endless!
Have additional questions about our Round Wobble Boards or would you like a customized quote? Call an Ironcompany.com Aeromat specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email [email protected]
Aeromat Adjustable Wobble Disc Includes:
- 33815 (Adjustable Wobble Board), Black/Blue, 5 lb.
Aeromat Wobble Board Features:
- Wobble Board Construction: Durable plastic construction with raised non-slip pattern on deck
- Wobble Board Bottom Surface: Accepts height adjustment cup to increase total height from 1.5 to 2.5 for increased instability
- Non Porous: Will not absorb liquids or perspiration
- Cleaning: Easy to clean with damp cloth
- Uses: Helps improve balance and coordination. Great for rehabilitating ankle injuries
- Portability and Storage: Slim profile for easy travel or storage. Easily fits in a suitcase or tote bag
- Instruction Sheet. Included
- Shipping dimensions: 18" x 18" x 4" (5 lbs.)
- Warranty: 30-day warranty against manufacturer defects
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS