Black Commercial Weight Lifting Mat 4' x 8' x 1/2" – Rubberlogix (RL-4812)
Rubberlogix 4' x 8' x 1/2" Black Commercial Weight Lifting Mats - Rubberlogix USA Made Weightlifting Mats for commercial gyms are constructed from 100% recycled rubber. By reclaiming used tires and processing them into weight lifting mats, each year we save thousands of tires from being buried in our nation's landfills.
Why purchase weight lifting mats for your gym? - Protecting floors from weight drop, whether in a home or commercial gym, is essential in keeping floors from being damaged and prolonging the life of weight lifting equipment such as kettlebells, dumbbells and barbell sets. A 4' x 8' x 1/2" mat offers a large 32 sq. ft. area of protection. Use them on either side of a dumbbell bench, under bench presses and squat racks. The 1/2" thick solid rubber handles impact from larger size weights and also acts as a great shock absorber underneath plate loaded equipment for additional stabilization and sound deadening.
Using multiple 4' x 8' x 1/2" rubber mats to cover an entire floor:
For complete floor protection under your free weight and cardio equipment areas, heavy duty recycled rubber gym equipment mats will do the job and then some. And since the mats are so big and heavy there is no need to use adhesive. Normally during the manufacturing process block mats are cut by hand, and are not always going to be exact dimensions in length and width, or have edges that are totally squared. In the case of a single mat or only a few mats, this is not generally noticeable. However, when multiple mats are laid side-by-side and end-to-end across a gym floor, the end user may experience gaps here and there resulting from less precisely cut edges being positioned next to each other. These gaps can trap dust and dirt, and in general create a less than ideal visual appearance. In many livestock and other industrial applications where function outweighs aesthetics (such as horse stalls and machine shops) this does not matter. However, in a fitness setting (such as a crossfit box, commercial fitness center, or military base gym) where 4' x 6' or even 4' x 8' block mats are utilized as "jumbo" loose-lay tiles to cover a large surface area of flooring, a more finished look is often desired. In this bulk purchase scenario it is recommended to have the mats "trued" to consistent size during manufacturing. The process of “truing” via waterjet cutting puts the mats through a very precise method of production for straight, sharp edges and square corners, allowing much more consistency from mat to mat greatly reducing visible gaps and any other seam inconsistencies when installed. When requesting your flooring quote, let your IRON COMPANY® flooring sales rep know if your mats need to be trued.
Truing Lead Time: Please allow additional 4 weeks truing lead time prior to shipping since mats need to be custom produced to order and put through waterjet cutting process
Have additional questions about these rubber mats or would you like a customized bulk discount quote? Call an IRON COMPANY® flooring specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Solid Black 4' x 8' x 1/2" Recycled Rubber Weight Lifting Mat (32 sq. ft. each)
- Mats have straight cut edge with no bevel
- Mats weight 3.0 lbs. per sq. ft. (96 lbs. each)
- Made from resilient crumb rubber harvested from used car and truck tires
- Flat surface on top side
- Non-porous and slip resistant
- Impact resistant to withstand heavy weight drop from free weights
- Easy to clean with vacuum, broom or mop
- Proudly Made in the USA
- 5-Year limited warranty against manufacturer defects in material and workmanship
- Recommended for free weight areas in home gyms, garage gyms, fitness studios and commercial gyms
- Suitable for heavy weight drops from dumbbells, barbells and plates
- Manufacturer production tolerance within 1" of stated dimensions due to normal expansion/contraction
- Please Note: Rubber mat variances + sub-floor inconsistencies + surrounding climate can all affect the tightness in which rubber mats will fit together, even if trued. That means there can and will be some gapping of varying widths. For larger installation areas, we recommend using interlocking tiles or rolled rubber to best eliminate visual seams.
Other Applications for Recycled Crumb Rubber Gym Mats:
- Weight Rooms
- Locker Rooms
- Ice Rinks
- Spike Protection
- Golf Course
- Baseball Areas
- In-Line Skating
- Cardio Decks
- Multi-Purpose Areas
- Changing Areas
- Truck Beds
Shipping NOT Included
Single Mats (up to 2) ship rolled via UPS Ground
Multiple Mats (more than 2) ship via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service. Lift gate service may not be available for large bulk mat orders if weight of pallet exceeds liftgate capacity.