6' Ultra-Lite Olympic Technique Training Bar – CAP Barbell (OB-73UL)
250 lb. Capacity
CAP Barbell OB-73UL 6' Ultra-Lite Olympic Technique Training Bar - Why is a light weight Olympic bar preferred for learning Olympic weightlifting technique? A technique training bar is a lighter and shorter version of a full sized weight lifting bar and is helpful in allowing coaches to more effectively teach and correct Olympic weight lifting technique prior to moving on to a full size and weight bar. Training with a technique bar can quicken the learning process and reduce the risk of injury while technique improves.
The CAP Ultra-Light Olympic Training Bar is an economically priced bar constructed from steel with a black oxide finish over the shaft and chrome finish over the sleeves. Reducing the overall length of this bar down to 6' is achieved by shortening the sleeves while the knurled shaft remains the same length shoulder to shoulder as the full sized competition bar. The OB-73UL bars is made for technique training only and should not be used with weight loads exceeding 250 lbs.
Have questions about the proper bar, plates, and collars for Olympic technique training? Call an IRON COMPANY® strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Features and Specifications:
- Length: 73 inches
- Construction: Solid steel bar and sleeves
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Grip: Medium diamond knurling (NO center knurling)
- Finish: Black Oxide over shaft with Chromed sleeves
- Grip Area Length: 50" inside distance from shoulder to shoulder
- Dimensions: 73" L x 3" W x 3" H
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- Plate Compatibility: Olympic plates with 2" center hole ONLY
- Collars: NOT included
- Uses: School weight rooms, fitness studios and sports performance facilities
- Weight plates, collars, rubber mat sold separately
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS
Warning: This product may contain one or more phthalate chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.