Proformance Plus Leg Press / Hack Squat -- Tuff Stuff (PPD-830)
Proformance Plus PPD-830 Leg Press / Hack Squat Combo - The Proformance Plus Selectorized Leg Press / Hack Squat by TuffStuff Fitness combines two truly superb leg training exercises into one convenient unit. The large and powerful quadriceps are composed of four muscles: the vastus medialis (inner); the rectus femoris and vastus intermedius (the middle head); and the vastus lateralis (outer). While leg presses and hack squats work all four of the quadriceps muscles, along with some gluteus maximus (buttocks) and hamstrings involvement, their area of emphasis is slightly different. Generally, the leg press targets the vastus medialis muscle more directly, giving it that coveted teardrop look, while the hack squat targets the vastus lateralis more directly, contributing to the sweeping fullness that all well developed quads have.
Your training strategy will vary, depending on the relative weak point you want to improve. A time-honored approach would be to begin your workout with a squat or squat variation and then move to the leg press or hack squat. You could even alternate between the two from workout to workout for complete coverage. Either way, the Proformance Plus Pin Selected Leg Press / Hack Squat Machine offers you the flexibility to tailor your workouts to your individual needs. The back support adjusts with a simple pop pin from upright to flat for seated (leg press) or horizontal (hack squat) positioning. The dual, self-aligning 1-½ linear bearings insure the carriage moves smoothly and evenly in either position. Large, solid aluminum foot plates allow even more exercise variation as you alter your foot positioning between high, low, narrow, and wide for slightly different emphasis. If large and powerful quadriceps are your goal, look no further than this superb piece of equipment.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Leg Press/Hack Squat Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 84 L x 50 W x 76 H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2 x 4 x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4 MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Frame Design: Step-in design allows easy entry and exit for all ages and fitness levels
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Foot Plates: Two large non-slip, aluminum foot plates are angled for proper body alignment and offer different foot positioning for isolating quads, hamstrings hips and glutes. Use seated upright for leg presses and lying down with shoulder pads for hack squats
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system. Belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾ solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Linear Bearings: Dual self-aligning 1.5 linear bearings for the smoothest carriage travel possible
- Back Pad: Back support pad adjusts via pop-pin to upright or flat
- Shoulder Pads: Contoured shoulder support pads made with high density EMR urethane foam padding offers plenty of support and hold their shape over time
- Support Handles: Non-slip handles located above shoulder pads and to the side of the seat pad offer stability to the user as presses are performed
- Weight Stack: Precision 400-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet movement. Optional 500 lb. stack available upon request
- Weight Stack Shroud: Full length dual sided weight stack shroud with custom molded top cover protects user and bystanders from moving parts and has a integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard-secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industrys highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 930 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Leg Press/Hack Squat?:
- Large solid aluminum foot plates for exercise variation
- Dual self-aligning 1-1/2 linear bearing system
- Back support adjusts to upright or flat for either seated or horizontal positioning
- 400-pound steel weight stack (optional 500 pounds) with add-on weight system
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Have additional questions on this leg press / hack squat machine or need a quote? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.