Proformance Plus Chest Press -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-200)
Proformance Plus PPS-200 Chest Press - The Proformance Plus Chest Press by TuffStuff provides a great way to work your chest, shoulders, and triceps while eliminating the need for a spotter. The bench press has long been recognized as a top shelf exercise for adding upper body mass and strength. The one drawback is that bench pressing is not safe to perform alone, as you run the risk of being pinned if you cannot complete a repetition. One way around this limitation is to bench press with dumbbells, but the dumbbell bench press has a limitation of its own. Dumbbells are bulky and awkward to hoist into pressing position. Few men relish the thought of wrestling with dumbbells in excess of 100 pounds, yet many are capable of benching far more than this. Another way to bench press safely in solitude is to set up a utility bench inside a power rack with the safety supports in position to catch the bar in case of a missed lift. Though this is a viable option, anyone who has ever tried it knows it can be time consuming to set up.
In the ten minutes or so that it might take you to set up for power rack bench pressing, you could be three or four sets into a result-producing pressing workout on the The Proformance Plus Selectorized Chest Press. If you miss a rep, just return the weight to the starting position with no danger of being pinned. The seat offers a gas-assisted adjustment that alters the starting position of the handles so you can work your chest from different angles. Set it low to position the handles high and work your upper pecs or high to position the handles low and work your lower pecs. Regardless of the start position, the floating handles allow you to customize your wrist position as you press, and they converge for a stronger pectoral contraction. The pressing arms also adjust forwards and backwards with a pop pin, enabling you to work through an extended or shortened range of motion. This feature is important both for safety and as an overload tool. Some lifters may choose to work through a shorter range of motion simply because they are not comfortable in a stretched position, while others may restrict the range of motion in order to train their lockout and become accustomed to handling more weight.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Chest Press Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 51 L x 57 W x 77 H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2 x 4 x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4 MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Frame Design: Specially designed three-point floor contact that wont wobble
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1 premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logos can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1 solid Stainless Steel axles with 2 sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Linkage System: Four-bar linkage units utilize American made ½ and Teflon coated ball and socket rod ends
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system; belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾ solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Seat Adjustment: Easy access gas assisted seat adjustment allows you to target different areas of the chest
- Pressing Arm Adjustment: Work through range of motion appropriate for your mobility level by adjusting starting position with pop pin to one of four different positions
- Converging Pressing Arms: Handles move together as you complete each repetition for maximum pectoral contraction
- Floating Handle Design: Floating handle design allows customization of wrist position during range of motion
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented piggyback add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industrys highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 570 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Chest Press?:
- Train your upper body pressing musculature, including chest, shoulders, and triceps, in complete safety without a spotter
- Work through range of motion appropriate for your mobility level by adjusting starting position with pop pin to one of four different positions
- Handles move together as you complete each repetition for maximum pectoral contraction
- Floating handle design allows customization of wrist position during range of motion
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of strength equipment for a fitness room or gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.