Proformance Plus Seated Row -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-207)
Proformance Plus PPS-207 Seated Row - The Proformance Plus Seated Row by TuffStuff is a top of the... Read More
Proformance Plus PPS-207 Seated Row - The Proformance Plus Seated Row by TuffStuff is a top of the line selectorized rowing machine that even diehard free weight proponents will appreciate for the many advantages it offers in working the lats and mid-back. For many exercises, theres no denying the balancing and independent movement path of free weights makes them superior to machines for working the involved muscles through a complete range of motion. Rows are one of the few exceptions where a well-designed machine trumps its barbell and dumbbell counterparts. Anyone who has ever done barbell rows knows what a scary exercise they can be. To row properly, you must bend at the waist at about a 45° angle while holding a loaded barbell suspended at arms length and maintaining a flat back. You then must hold this precarious position throughout your set by maintaining an enormous amount of hamstring and lower back tension. Many trainees are able to row well in excess of 200 pounds with their large and powerful lat muscles, making the stabilizing task of the lower back and hamstrings even more difficult. For most, the risk/reward proposition of rowing forces them to abandon the movement altogether or adopt an alternative like dumbbell rows. While dumbbell rows lessen the potential for lower back injury because you can help support the weight of your torso with your free hand, they are still ripe for poor exercise form through heaving and twisting that leads to diminished gains.
The Proformance Plus Seated Lat Row separates the wheat from the chaff, as the saying goes. The diverging movement arms, 360° fully articulating open handles, and gas-assisted adjustable seat all combine to create an individualized movement path that is equal to the experience of free weight rowing. The movement arms naturally separate as you pull the resistance toward your body, allowing a full contraction of the lats and mid-back throughout each rep. The 360° fully articulating handles allow you to row with whatever grip best suits your body, and to even naturally change your hand position throughout the movement, just as you might with a dumbbell. You can set the gas-assisted adjustable seat high to pull more toward your abdomen and engage the lats and mid-back; low to pull toward your chest and target the upper back; or in the middle for a balanced contraction. Perhaps most importantly, the gas-assisted chest support pad means that regardless of your arm length, you can adjust the machine to support your lower back throughout the movement, leaving you to focus on working the targeted muscles rather than being distracted by struggling to maintain a stable body position.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Seated Row Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 45 L x 55 W x 57 H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2 x 4 x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4 MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Frame Design: Specially designed three-point floor contact that wont wobble
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1 premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logos can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1 solid Stainless Steel axles with 2 sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system; belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾ solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Seat Adjustment: Easy access gas-assisted seat adjustment enables users to target different areas of the lats and mid-back
- Chest Support Pad: Multi position gas-assisted chest support pad adjustment accommodates users of different arm lengths
- Rowing Movement: Patented R.A.D. technology diverging row movement is designed for maximum muscle activation
- Handle Design: 360° fully articulating open handles with 5/8" Teflon coated rod ends provide user defined path of motion
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented piggyback add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industrys highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 500 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Seated Row?:
- Work the lats and mid-back thoroughly with no stress on the lower back
- 360° fully articulating open handles with 5/8" Teflon coated rod ends provide user defined path of motion
- Multi position gas-assisted chest support adjustment accommodates users of different arm lengths
- Easy access gas-assisted seat adjustment allows quick positioning of the seat to the correct height
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of selectorized seated rowing machines for a hotel fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification before the delivery is made.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.Read Less
Made To Order