Proformance Plus Low Back Row -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-208)
Proformance Plus PPS-208 Low Back Row - The Proformance Plus Selectorized Low Back Row by TuffStuff Fitness offers a good middle ground between a free weight barbell row and a row where the back is braced like a chest-supported rowing machine or a dumbbell row using the off hand for support. For many, the free weight barbell row places the lower back in a precarious and often injurious position supporting a large amount of weight that is essentially hanging from the ligaments and soft tissue structures. Thus, a reasonable reaction is to switch to the aforementioned braced variations where the lower back is rigidly locked into position and receives no work whatsoever. With the low lat row, you are free to hinge forward and backward at the hips, as if rowing a boat. This means you will be working the lower back musculature, but not under the enormous load or at the harsh angle of heavy free weight rows. For this reason, the low row, or cable row as it is sometimes referred, is often the best choice for working the mid-back, lats, and to a lesser degree, the lower back.
The Proformance Plus Low Row with weight stack offers several important safety features that further minimize the risk of lower back injury without forcing you to shy away from working this area altogether. The aluminum non-slip diamond foot plates help you get into a stable lifting position and stay there throughout your set. The extra wide bench pad provides maximum support and stability, while the ergonomically designed bench angle allows a full low back stretch. Do take care, however, not to exceed your normal ranges of motion either at the top of the movement or at the bottom. Used properly, the low row machine offers a pleasing low back stretch and contraction that leads to a good pump and delivers restoring blood and nutrients to this easily overworked area. Of course its primary benefit is as a tool to build the mid-back and lats, enhancing strength, muscularity, and posture. Hold and squeeze each contraction at the top for a one thousand one count to maximize the training effect this excellent machine provides.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Low Row Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 71 L x 30 W x 76 H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2 x 4 x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4 MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Frame Design: Walk through design for easy entry and exit
- Bench: Ergonomic bench angle allows full lower back stretch
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1 premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logos can be installed for an upcharge
- Guide Rods: ¾ solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Cables: 3/16 military spec steel cable coated to ¼ diameter with 4,200 pounds tensile strength
- Pulleys: Solid aluminum pulleys on all cable units for the smoothest travel
- Low Row Attachment: Swiveling low row attachment is included for performing low back rows and bicep curls
- Footplates: Oversized footplates are made from solid aluminum with a diamond plate pattern for non-slip foot placement and increased stability during exercise
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented piggyback add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Safety Shields: Full length dual sided weight stack safety shields and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise guide
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industrys highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 470 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Low Row?:
- Frame is built with a walk through design for easy entry and exit
- Extra wide bench pad provides maximum support and stability
- Three point frame will not wobble even if not bolted down
- Smaller diameter cable and aluminum pulley wheels for unmatched smooth operation
- You choose frame and padding colors
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Have questions about this Tuff Stuff strength equipment or need a quote? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.