Proformance Plus Assisted Chin/Dip -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-215)
Proformance Plus PPS-215 Assisted Chin/Dip - The Proformance Plus Assisted Chin/Dip by TuffStuff allows both novices and experienced trainees to work every major upper body muscle with two of the best bodyweight exercises ever devised. If you were to only do chins and dips for your upper body routine, you could cover all of your training bases and build an exceptional physique with plenty of useful strength. Dips work all of the upper body pushing muscles - chest, shoulders, and triceps - while chin-ups or pull-ups work all of the upper body pulling muscles - lats, rhomboids, teres major and minor, and even biceps. The only drawback to both of these exercises as they are traditionally performed is that, without a training partner to assist you, you must be strong enough to lift your own bodyweight in order to do even a single rep. Novices are relegated to building the required strength with other similar exercises where they can use far less weight, such as bench presses and pulldowns.
The Proformance Plus Assisted Chin/Dip machine allows you to progress straight to these excellent exercises even as a novice by removing some of your own bodyweight. Rather than adding weight to the exercise, the weight stack acts as a counterbalance to your own bodyweight and removes weight. For example, a 200-pound man doing dips with his knees on the knee pad and the pin inserted in the weight stack at 50 pounds is dipping with 150 pounds. This is perfect for building strength in the exact plane of movement required to eventually progress to dipping with no assistance. Even experienced trainees can benefit from doing assisted dips and chins. A typical program might call for 2-3 sets of 8-10 bodyweight chins or dips with the knee pad folded conveniently out of the way, followed by 2-3 sets of 8-10 assisted. This additional time under tension is often exactly the type of stimulus needed to jumpstart growth. Both to add variety and to accommodate different body types, the dipping handles twist and lock into place for narrow and wide hand positions, while the chin-up handle offers wide, narrow, reverse, and neutral grips. Non-slip, aluminum foot plates ensure safe entry and exit from the machine.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Assisted Chin/Dip Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 69 L x 48 W x 90 H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2 x 4 x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4 MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Frame Design: Open frame design and standing exercise position for ease of use and full extension of the working leg
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1 premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logos can be installed for an upcharge
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system. Belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾ solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Linear Bearing System: Dual self-aligning, fully enclosed 1.5" linear bearing system for the smoothest operation li>Knee Pad: Counter-balanced knee pad allows you to control the desired weight assist and folds away for unassisted dips and chins
- Multi-grip Chin-up Handles: Durable-welded knurled zinc plated multi-grip handles for wide, narrow, reverse, and neutral grip chin-ups
- Dipping Handles: Twist-lock narrow or wide dipping handles
- Foot Plates: Non-slip, aluminum foot plates ensure safe entry and exit from the machine
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented piggyback add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electrostatically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industrys highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 715 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Assisted Chin/Dip?:
- Perform two of the best bodyweight training exercises that work the entire upper body pulling and pushing musculature, even if youre not yet strong enough to do them with your own bodyweight
- Counter-balanced knee pad allows you to control the desired weight assist and folds away for unassisted exercise
- Durable-welded knurled zinc plated multi-grip handles for wide, narrow, reverse and neutral grip pull-ups
- Twist-lock narrow or wide dipping handles
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of selectorized equipment for a fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.