Proformance Plus Abdominal Crunch -- Tuff Stuff (PPS-220)
Proformance Plus PPS-220 Abdominal Crunch - The Proformance Plus Abdominal Crunch by TuffStuff combines the best attributes of free weight crunches with the best features of machine crunches into a well-designed apparatus that effectively tones and strengthens the entire abdominal wall. Free weight crunches, though awkward to perform with a clunky dumbbell resting on your chest or weight plate being uncomfortably tugged behind your head, do offer some advantages to most machines. With free weights, you have freedom to make subtle alterations to the way you move in order to target different areas of the abdominal wall. You can add a knee raise to your crunching motion in order to bring the lower abs into play. You can also shift the angle of your crunching motion so that you emphasize bringing the right shoulder toward the left knee and vice versa. This slight change targets the intercostals and obliques more directly than the standard crunch. Typical machines, on the other hand, allow you to crunch only in a very rigid plane of motion. Generally, the knees are held in place and the shoulders move toward them in a straight line. This works well for targeting the front of the abdominal wall, specifically the upper abs, but is not as effective for also working the harder to reach lower abs, intercostals, and obliques.
The Proformance Plus Abdominal Crunch offers a myriad of features most other machines lack. As a result, it confers all the advantages of free weight crunches mentioned above along with the comfort and ease of use of a selectorized machine. The unique design of this machine permits users of different heights to begin without any adjustment to the seat or movement arms. Three points of rotation means you will not just crunch your torso toward your knees as with a typical machine crunch. You will simultaneously lift your knees toward your shoulders, creating a more intense contraction in the lower abdominal muscles and greatly improving the effectiveness of the exercise. For the intercostals and obliques, five-way seat positioning with an easy pull-pin adjustment enables you to hit your abs from different angles.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Abdominal Crunch Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 43 L x 56 W x 71 H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2 x 4 x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4 MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1 premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logos can be installed for an upcharge
- Primary Pivot Points: All primary pivot points rotate on 1 solid Stainless Steel axles with 2 sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Linkage System: Four-bar linkage units utilize American made ½ and Teflon coated ball and socket rod ends
- Safety Shrouds: Full length, dual-sided weight stack safety shrouds and custom molded top cover with integrated storage compartment and exercise placard
- Belt Transport System: High strength Mectral steel reinforced Kevlar® belt transport system. Belts rated at 4,400 lb. tensile strength
- Pulleys: Combination wide groove fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- Guide Rods: ¾ solid steel guide rods are hard chrome plated and polished for smooth performance and durability
- Crunch Handles: Non-slip rubber encased handles offer sufficient gripping area for optimal hand placement and comfort for different size users
- Five-position Seat: Five-way seat positioning with easy pull-pin adjustment to target the abs from different directions
- Three-point Rotation: Simultaneously move shoulders and knees closer together for improved lower abdominal activation
- Foot Rollers: Dual foot rollers converge with the crunch handles for better lower abdominal isolation
- Unique Design: Elegantly simple design allows users of different heights to begin without any adjustment to the seat or movement arms
- Weight Stack: Precision 220-pound steel weight stack with machine pressed premium nylon bushings allows smooth and quiet weight stack movement. Also includes patented piggyback add-on weight system with 5 & 10 lb. increments
- Weight Stack Pin: Lanyard secured, magnetic steel weight stack pin ensures a solid connection for added safety and security
- Optional: 295-pound weight stack
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industrys highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 600 pounds
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Abdominal Crunch?:
- Strengthen and tone your entire core, including upper abs, lower abs, intercostals, and obliques
- Simple design allows users of different heights to begin with no seat or movement arm adjustments
- Three-point rotation requires you to simultaneously move your shoulders and knees closer together for improved lower abdominal activation
- Five-way seat positioning with easy pull-pin adjustment to target the abs from different directions
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a bulk purchase of core strengthening equipment for a hotel fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.