Wall Mounted Wall Ball Target - Wall Ball Target Attachment -- Apollo Athletics (CFR-A-TGT)
Apollo Athletics CFR-A-TGT Wall Mount Wall Ball Target - The Wall Mounted Wall Ball Target from Apollo Athletics is a heavy duty steel circular throwing target which can be mounted to the wall of any cross-training gym, school gym, or garage gym and used to focus direction and absorb impact of wall balls, medicine balls, and slam balls. Wall ball training has become a go-to exercise for crossfit, individual cross-training, boot camp group training, and sports conditioning. Wall ball training exercises, usually performed with a soft-cover medicine ball or non-bouncing slam ball, involve strength, stamina, hand-eye coordination, accuracy, and spatial awareness.
In most facilities, wall ball exercises are performed directly against a wall of the members choosing with little regard to anything but convenience to the exerciser. The common results of wall ball throws are dirty walls, scuffed paint, or in cases of heavy balls thrown with high velocity, broken drywall or sheetrock. Ball throws against light walls often causes a repetitive and disturbing pounding noise to those on the opposite side of the wall, and vibrations can even dislodge items hung or stored against walls. The Wall Mounted Wall Ball Target is a simple yet effective solution to all these problems. By mounting a wall ball target in a specific exercise zone, the club can now dictate a predetermined "safe zone" away from mirrors, exercise equipment, and member traffic or group activity. Most Wall Ball Targets are only designed to be rig mounted. A disadvantage of mounting a target high on a rig is that an errant or inaccurate ball shot could dangerously go sailing past the rig and put other members or equipment in jeopardy. Mounting a target to a wall creates a natural and safer "backdrop" to decrease facility liability. The versatile CFR-A-TGT offers the option of mounting to a wall or functional training rig depending on user preference, experience level, and ceiling height.
At a beefy 22 pounds in weight and made of heavy duty steel with all-welded construction, the CFR-A-TGT is designed not to shake or move around after ball impact, unlike other flimsy targets made from lightweight steel. The L-shaped support bracket is made with 14-gauge 6cm square tubing that will stand the test of time against the most rigorous high intensity training routines. The highly visible center bullseye and rim circle are spray painted directly onto the durable powder coating for longevity. Want to jazz up your wall ball target with custom graphics? The CFR-A-TGT sports a nearly 16 inch diameter standard-sized target surface to accommodate most after-market wall ball target decals and stickers. The CFR-A-TGT features an 8mm thick mounting plate with four pre-drilled mounting holes to allow for secure installation.
Looking for heavy balls or medicine balls to use for wall ball training? Contact an IRON COMPANY® gym cross-training equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides a consistent target and encourages greater accuracy on wall ball shots
- Eliminates dirty walls
- Prevents broken drywall and sheetrock
- Reduces noise and vibration caused by pounding on walls
- Designates personal space or "safe zone" for exercise in predetermined area
Features and Specifications:
- Overall Dimensions: 15-3/4" W x 30" H x 7" D
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- Construction: heavy duty, all welded steel construction
- Finish: Powder coated Black
- Target Application: White spray paint
- Target Plate Diameter: 15-3/4" (40cm)
- Target Plate Thickness: 0.236" (6mm)
- Frame Tubing: 14-gauge 2-3/8" (6cm) square
- Mounting Plate Dimensions: 13" H x 2.5" W
- Mounting Plate Thickness: 0.315" (8mm)
- Mounting Holes: Four
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 0.551" (14mm)
- Depth: Extends 7 inches from wall
- Intended for installation to wood wall studs, brick, or concrete
- Can also be attached to upright posts on rigs and power cages (may not be compatible with all pre-drilled rig frame holes)
- Mounting hardware NOT included
- Wall balls sold separately
Mounting Hole Vertical Distances (center to center measurement):
- Between upper top hole and lower top hole: 1.25" (3cm)
- Between upper bottom hole and lower bottom hole: 1.25" (3cm)
- Between upper top hole and lower bottom hole (farthest apart): 11.42" (29cm)
- Between upper top hole and lower top hole: 10.24" (26cm)
- Between lower top hole and lower bottom hole: 10.24" (26cm)
- Between lower top hole and upper bottom hole (nearest together): 9.06" (23cm)
CFR-A-TGT Measurements Diagram (shown in millimeters)
Click to Enlarge
- Shipping Dimensions (boxed): 31" x 16.5" x 8.5"
- Shipping Weight: 25 lbs.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended to hire a professional to ensure proper installation to wall with correct type of hardware as well as account for load bearing tolerances of mounting hardware and wall. Regularly inspect the Wall-Mounted Ball Target at attachment points to ensure that the product is safe and secure for its intended usage. For stud wall installation use wood screws and attach directly to vertical stud. For installation to brick or concrete block wall, Ball Target should be attached with proper masonry anchors. It is NOT recommended to attach to wall with dry wall anchors only (instead of directly to stud).
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS