Proformance Plus PPL-970 Abdominal Crunch - The Proformance Plus Abdominal Crunch by TuffStuff takes the awkward to perform but highly effective weighted crunch and improves its function so that your focus can be on feeling each rep rather than on holding a heavy weight in place. The weighted crunch has long been recognized as one of the most effective exercises for toning and strengthening the entire abdominal wall but is also so uncomfortable that many avoid it. With free weights, your primary options are to hold a weight plate behind your head or rest a dumbbell or weight plate on your chest. Neither is ideal. Holding a plate behind your head creates the obvious hazard of pulling against the plate for leverage and straining your neck. Because the range of motion for the abdominal crunch is relatively short, many trainees can work up to handling fairly heavy poundages. Imagine the pressure of an 80- or 100-pound dumbbell bearing down on your chest and making breathing difficult while you lie on the floor and attempt to crunch. At this point, many abandon the crunch as part of their workout routine and forego all of the benefits this excellent exercise offers for building the upper abs, lower abs, and even the obliques.
The 9.5” weight horn on the Proformance Plus Plate-loaded Abdominal Crunch Machine allows you to load far more weight than you could ever tolerate comfortably with its free weight counterparts, yet you will be able to do so with the only discomfort coming from exactly where you want it: the deep burn of contracting your abdominal muscles repeatedly to move the load. Three points of rotation means you will not just be crunching your torso toward your knees as with a traditional crunch. You will also be lifting your knees toward your shoulders, creating a more intense contraction in the lower abdominal muscles and greatly improving the effectiveness of the exercise. The unique design of this machine permits users of different heights to begin without any adjustment to the seat or movement arms, while the five-position swivel seat enables them to hit the abs from different directions, more directly targeting the hard to reach intercostals and obliques for full core development.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Abdominal Crunch Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 43” L x 48” W x 70” H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2” x 4” x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4” MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1” premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logo’s can be installed for an upcharge
- Crunch Handles: Non-slip rubber encased handles offer sufficient gripping area for optimal hand placement and comfort for different size users
- Five-position Swivel Seat: Target the abs and obliques from different directions for complete core development
- Three-point Rotation: Simultaneously move shoulders and knees closer together for improved abdominal activation
- Foot Rollers: Dual foot rollers converge with the crunch handles for better isolation of the abs and obliques
- Unique Design: Elegantly simple design allows users of different heights to begin without any adjustment to the seat or movement arms
- Pivot Arms: All primary pivot arms rotate on 1” solid Stainless Steel axles with 2” sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Linkage System: Four-bar linkage units utilize American made ½” and ⅝” Teflon coated ball and socket rod ends
- Weight Horn: Rear facing 9.5” long weight horn allows even very strong lifters to load enough plates to fully work the abdominals
- Feet: Includes elevated steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industry’s highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 260 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Abdominal Crunch?:
- Strengthen and tone your entire abdominal wall without holding cumbersome weight plates or dumbbells behind your head or on your chest
- Five-position swivel seat enables you to target the abs from different directions for particular emphasis on the hard to target obliques and intercostals
- Three-point rotation requires you to simultaneously move both your shoulders and knees closer together for improved lower abdominal activation
- Simple design allows users of different heights to begin without any adjustment to the seat or movement arms
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose from six powder coat frame colors and and sixteen beautiful padding color options
Standard Frame Color Options (click below to enlarge)
Matte Black, Platinum Sparkle, Sky White, Twilight Blue, Charcoal Texture and Wrinkle Black
(in order from left to right)
Click here to view the Tuff Stuff Proformance Plus standard upholstery color chart
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish, and rubber grips.
Looking to make a bulk purchase of core strengthening equipment for your fitness studio? Contact an Ironcompany.com fitness equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.
Item Number: PPL-970 ProdID_20023
Product Name: Proformance Plus Abdominal Crunch -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-970)
Manufacturer: TUFF STUFF
Manufacturer Part No: PPL-970