64" Olympic Hex Bar with Spring Collars -- Apollo Athletics (OB-64)
Apollo Athletics OB-64 Olympic Hex Bar - The OB-64 Hex Bar by Apollo Athletics is a specialty Olympic weightlifting bar designed to hold heavy loads while performing shrugs and deadlifts. Deadlifts using a traditional weightlifting bar or powerlifting bar can cause undue stress on the lower back should a lifter not properly align the bar relative to the bodys mechanics during the vertical travel of the weight lifted. Crossfitters can also experience painful shin-scrapes during rapid-fire deadlifts from rough bar knurling. With a hex bar, the lifter steps inside and between the weight load, which keeps the weight centered through the body's midline during execution of the deadlift, as well as safely away from the shins. Hex bars are also very popular for strength training exercises such as the trap shrug where lifters can concentrate on heavy sets without discomfort of a traditional bar putting undue pressure on the upper thigh and groin areas. The Apollo OB-64 hex deadlift bar features two sets of knurled handles spaced 6.5 inches apart high and low, allowing lifters different grip placement options and load height positioning for multiple exercises performed. Access the low handles by simply turning over the hex trap bar and gripping from the underside. With a 500 pound load capacity and 12.75" sleeve length on each side, pile on your Olympic weight plates or rubber bumper plates for heavy duty training to build strength and size in quads, hamstrings, and traps.
- 64" total length
- 14-gauge (0.08") steel square tube frame construction (1.57" x 1.57")
- Black powder coated finish
- High and low handles with 6.5" separation
- High handle length 11.25"
- Handle diameter 1.26 with knurling
- High handles spaced 23.75" apart on center
- Low handles spaced 23.50" apart on center
- Inside width 22.5" front to back
- Olympic weight sleeves with 12.75" loadable length
- Designed for use with Olympic plates with 2" inch center hole
- Recommended max weight load: 500 lbs.
- Includes (2) Olympic Spring Collars
- Unit Dimensions: 64" L x 25.64" W x 7.75" H
- Unit Weight: 43 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions (boxed): 67" L x 33" W x 9" H
- Shipping Weight: 51 lbs.
Need weight plates or heavy duty rubber floor mat to use with your Olympic Hex Bar? Contact an IRON COMPANY® equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via UPS