Assault AirRunner Self Propelled Curved Treadmill – Assault Fitness (AS-AIRRUNNER)
Slat Belt with 150,000-Mile Life
LCD Console Included
Assault AirRunner Manual Treadmill – From the makers of the Assault AirBike, the Assault AirRunner manual treadmill is a motor-free, indoor running machine designed for elite fitness training and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). The Assault AirRunner completely redefines the manual treadmill, offering superior steel construction, dependable stability, and no-limits functionality in a streamlined, energy-efficient design. Few high-performance running machines are as lightweight (280 pounds) and portable (built-in transport wheels) as the AirRunner, and its compact footprint makes it adaptable to just about any type of training space. A regular treadmill has a motor which is pushing your legs. With an AirRunner you are the motor. This motorless treadmill uses no electricity, running instead on the energy produced by the user's own movement. Whether you're a beginner athlete or a competitor at the highest levels, the machine can instantly conform to your desired speed, even if you change your output randomly at will. There is no maximum speed setting – if you want to push your limits during a workout, the AirRunner will be uniquely up to the task.
How is indoor running maximized on the Assault AirRunner? Form matters when running. Form drives additional speed and additional efficiency. Sometimes it's difficult for athletes to understand how form feels. The AirRunner puts even the most beginner runner immediately into the proper form. Once the runner learns the muscle memory, or the "feel", on the AirRunner then he or she can carry that outside for real-world running. Coaches strive for that feel day in and day out when training athletes for optimal performance. With the AirRunner, without any involvement, they find that sensation immediately and can replicate it exactly. The AirRunner gives the runner more control over his or her workouts and gives instant feedback on speed, calories, pace, watts, and distance. The AirRunner encourages a toe or mid-foot stride, and promotes a heel pull which is definitely good for running form to feel a bit more in the hamstrings.
How is the Assault AirRunner different from other curved treadmills? Some curved treadmills have a higher curve in the back, similar or equal to the degree of curve in the front. While one foot is planting on the front curve generating a downward acceleration in speed into the "sweet spot" in the middle, the opposite foot is moving up the rear curve and thus decelerating slightly (since the belt is traveling "uphill" over the rear roller). This creates a natural braking effect which can cause the runner to actually reduce top end speed potential. The Assault AirRunner has a 9-degree curve in front but only a very minor curvature in the rear. So, that same runner on the AirRunner will accelerate naturally from start to finish of each stride and feel no limits to achieve maximum human speed potential.
"Assault products, in general, allow you to push yourself to a point where mentally you're uncomfortable but if you push through it, you're capable of anything. The AirRunner is absolutely no different." – Ron Ortiz, CrossFit Games Champion
Benefits of the Assault AirRunner:
The Name Says It All
Like running on air, but with a powerful amount of punch. This treadmill is like none you have ever known, burning up to 30% more calories than the average motorized version and built with intense training in mind.
Tough on You, Easy on the Environment
A remarkable feature, the AirRunner runs on your energy, with zero electrical consumption and a low carbon footprint. You'll be amazed at what a hardcore workout can come from the power of your own two feet. The AirRunner is also the lightest treadmill available with a 33" width.
Optimal for Interval Training
Because the Assault team knows the effectiveness of interval training, this treadmill was designed with HIIT in mind. Burning up to 30% more calories than a motorized treadmill, users can change speeds at will. In addition, this bad boy has no maximum speed, so feel free to push it as hard as possible.
The AirRunner is well-appointed to kick your a** for years, built with a steel frame and handrails, corrosion resistant hardware, and a slat belt running surface that lasts up to 150,000 miles. That's right – that's not a typo: 150,000. There's no need for you to adjust the belt tension or replace a deck. This treadmill is the easiest to maintain that you’ll find anywhere.
Looking for multiple AirRunner treadmills for your crossfit box or sports performance gym? Contact an IRON COMPANY® speed training specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assault AirRunner Features:
- Motor-free operation – no drive motor
- Feels like running on air
- Curved running surface with 9-degree front incline
- Allows any user, regardless of size and weight (up to 350 lbs.) to maintain desired speed
- Burns up to 30% more calories than a motorized treadmill
- Adjust your speed in fractions of a second
- Easy on the environment – low carbon footprint
- Runs on your energy with zero electrical consumption
- Optimal for all types of training
- Designed for all skill levels
- Natural running feel promotes efficient running stride
- Will go as fast as your feet can carry you
- Minimal effort to get belt moving – no forceful initial push to get belt started
- Commercial durability
- Almost no maintenance – easier to clean and maintain than many comparable indoor running machines
- Ability to be moved through most commercial doorways (over 33") without being disassembled
- LCD: High contrast liquid crystal display with Improved Readability
- Comp Mode: Yes
- Rest and Work LEDs: Yes
- Bluetooth Enabled: Yes
- Heart Rate: Polar Bluetooth® heart rate compatible
- Display Windows: Time, Calories, Distance, Speed, Watts, Pace, Heart Rate (when HR signal detected)
- Programs: Interval (HIIT), Target (Time, Speed, Calorie, or Distance based), and Heart Rate Zone (requires HR chest strap, not included)
- Frame and Handrails: Powder coated steel
- Colors: Black frame and handrails, Silver upright supports
- Hardware: Corrosion-resistant
- Running Platform:
- Slat belt with 150,000-mile life
- 17.1" wide by 62.2" long running area
- Almost no friction
- Front and rear oversized rollers
- 50 sealed bearings on each side of running surface (100 support bearings total)
- 6 running belt guide pulleys on each side (12 total) keep slat belt perfectly tracked inside side channels
- Transport: Front transport wheels and rear frame handle for easy mobility
- Stability: Adjustable rear leveling feet
Assault AirRunner Specifications:
- Rated for Commercial use and Residential use
- Maximum User Weight Capacity: 350 lbs. (158.8 kg)
- Running Area: 17.1" W x 62.2" L (43.5 cm x 158 cm)
- Step-On Height: 13.45" (34 cm)
- Power Requirements for Console: (4) AA alkaline batteries
- Unit Dimensions (assembled): 69.9" L x 32.8" W x 64" H (177.5 cm x 83.3 cm x 162.6 cm)
- Unit Weight (assembled): 280 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions (boxed only): 74.61" L x 38" W x 22.05" H
- Shipping Weight (boxed only): 363 lbs. (127 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions (boxed on pallet): 74.61" L x 38" W x 27.96" H (Freight Shipping Class 100)
- Shipping Weight (boxed on pallet): 415 lbs.
- Multiple-Unit Shipping Configuration (4 units to single pallet): 75" L x 38" W x 94" H | 1504 lbs. (Freight Shipping Class 100)
Assault AirRunner Warranty:
- Full Commercial Warranty
- Limited Warranty: Free from defect in materials and workmanship when used as recommended by Assault Fitness under normal uses and conditions
- 5 Years – Frame
- 3 Years – Non-Wear Parts
- 1 Year – Labor
- Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on items such as, but not limited to, transportation wheels, foot pedals, rubber grips, plastic end caps, scratched parts, broken covers, cosmetic damage, and excludes paint & finish
- NOTE: Running surface is NOT intended for cleats or running spikes
Assault AirRunner Shipping:
- Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
- Additional shipping cost applies to AK, HI, PR and select “high cost” delivery zones
- Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet
- This item qualifies for curbside delivery only (or delivery to dock) and will be delivered to a location at your location that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the driver’s discretion
- Customers are required to be available at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt
- On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service