GAUNTLET Series 8 StepMill -- StairMaster (9-5270-8G)
StairMaster Series 8 Gauntlet StepMill - The Series 8 Gauntlet StepMill by Stairmaster is a commercial-rated step machine with revolving stairs to provide a cardio workout experience to the exerciser of true stairclimbing. For nearly 30 years, the StairMaster StepMill has been called the toughest workout in the gym. Now you can bring that same toughness to your home workouts with the totally redesigned GAUNTLET. The Gauntlet StepMill is easy to recognize - it's the piece of cardio equipment that looks brutal compared to all the others, with a revolving set of 8-inch stairs that closely duplicates the workout of actual stair climbing. Each time you mount the Gauntlet StepMill, the unit's electronically controlled, chain-driven alternator precisely controls the pedal descent, allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones. The resulting step range of 26 to 162 steps per minute will strengthen your legs, boost your cardio, and challenge even the fittest of users.
The Gauntlet Series 8 StepMill offers the core mechanics of our previous models wrapped in a stylish look and enhanced functionality to create a next-generation experience. The Gauntlet offers plenty of workout options, with such programs as quick start, manual, fat burner, calorie burner, intervals, bell-shaped, build, mystery challenge, steady, and heart rate zone trainer. The console also offers a nationally recognized multi-stage fitness test that gauges your individual progress, along with a custom firefighter test (CPAT) that measures your cardiopulmonary endurance and muscular strength. (Firefighting is considered one of the most physically demanding jobs in North America, which is why the CPAT is such a natural fit with the StepMill.) Finally, with the LCD console it's easy to track your progress thanks to the easy-to-read LCD display, which tracks your speed, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, and much more. As a bonus, the LCD console is designed to integrate with the optional MYE 15.6-inch HD Personal Viewing Screen, so you can easily keep up to date with your favorite soap opera or sports team.
- Easy-to-read LCD console displays time, interval timer, level (1-20), heart rate, calories, floors climbed, floors per minute, watts, METs and workout profile.
- 10 programmed workouts include Quick Start, Manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner, Intervals, Bell-Shaped, Build, Mystery Challenge, Steady, and Heart Rate Zone Trainer.
- Fitness tests include Multi-stage CPAT Fire Fit Test and WFI Test.
- Revolving staircase with eight 8" (20cm) high, 9" (23cm) deep and 22" (56cm) wide steps most closely duplicates the workout of real stair climbing.
- Staircase revolves at speeds varying from 26 to 162 steps per minute.
- Smooth stepping action comes from the electronically controlled alternator with chain drive that precisely controls the pedal descent allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones.
- Quieter step design improves fluidity of stepping motion and provides added cushion for joints.
- Ergo-bar hand grip provides alternative hand positions.
- Broad oval handrails are ergonomically designed providing comfortable hand support.
- Stepup assistant allows easy access to mount and dismount the machine.
- Dual oversized water bottle holders near the console allow easy access without interfering with workout space.
- Injection-molded plastic shrouding with darker, modern color scheme.
- Active "Hot" Bar for remote stop and contact heart rate.
- Polar compatible telemetry heart rate monitoring. Chest strap not included.
- Display Type: LCD Console standard or 15" OpenHub Embedded Touch Screen Console upgrade
- Standard Connectivity (either console): Bluetooth, ANT+, USB Port
- Additional Connectivity (15" Touch Screen console ONLY): TV Tuner (Global), HDMI Port for video streaming via cable, Netpulse
- TV Compatibility: Yes, integrates with optional Personal Viewing Screen (PVS) with ATSC/NTSC Tuner
- Standard Workout Programs (either console) - Quick Start, Manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner, Speed Intervals, Custom Intervals, Random Intensity, Heart Rate Intervals, Calorie Goal, Heart Rate Zone Trainer
- Additional Workouts (15" Touch Screen console ONLY): Landmark Challenge Program where users climb well known landmarks from around the world like the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, and the Taj Mahal
- Fitness Test(s): Multi-stage Fit Test , CPAT Fire Fit Test and WFI Stepmill Test
- Console Accessories: Reading rack, dual water bottle holders and accessory tray
- Additional Features: Integrated Service Light, Personal Fan
OPTIONAL OpenHub™ 15" Embedded Touch Screen Console Advantages:
- Entertainment: Browse the web or stream music and video directly to the OpenHub™ console from your own phone or tablet. You can also watch television on the oversized 15" embedded screen (or by adding the optional personal viewing screen to the standard LCD model).
- Asset Management: OpenHub™ can utilize various 3rd party asset management systems that allow facility operators to track equipment use and stay on top of maintenance. If your facility already utilizes an asset management solution, chances are OpenHub™ can communicate with it too.
- Workout Data Tracking: Personal fitness data tracking is available via Bluetooth connection. OpenHub™ consoles can push data to personal smart devices, connecting users with a world class data ecosystem.
- Competition & Games: Group Display functions can be used for a variety of competition and games. Bluetooth and Ant+ signals support data collection and display by 3rd party partner products.
- Club Solutions: OpenHub™ offer tons of features and solutions to meet the unique needs of every facility. The flexibility of the console allows for additional features to be added at any point, meaning you can get and pay for what you want, when you want it. No other manufacturer offers the affordable range of connectivity as StairMaster.
OPTIONAL 15.6" Personal Viewing Screen (for LCD Console ONLY):
The 8-Series LCD Display is pre-wired to accept an add-on 15.6" HD Personal Viewing Screen from MYE Entertainment. The PVS mounts seamlessly to the product, and an integrated control keypad inserts into the front of the cardio display for easy control. With the 8-Series, the PVS includes an HDMI port to support streaming from users personal device to screen.
- Frame Color: Hammertone Black steel frame finish
- Requires a minimum ceiling height of 10 feet
- Product Dimensions: 58" L x 34" W x 89" H (147cm L x 86cm W x 226cm H)
- Machine Weight: 343 lbs (156 kg)
- Carton Dimensions: 58.7" L x 31.9" W x 52" H (149cm L x 81cm W x 132cm H)
- Carton Weight: 438 lbs (199 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 59" L x 32" W x 62" H | 470 lbs (Freight Shipping Class 125)
- Power Requirements: Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz 100 VA
- Max User Weight: 350 lbs. (159 kg)
- Frame: 15 year
- Parts: 3 years
- Labor and Wear Items: 1 year
Looking for the right stair climber for your home gym or fitness studio? Contact an IRON COMPANY® cardio training specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.