Plate Loaded Angled Leg Press -- Legend Fitness (3122)
Legend Fitness 3122 Plate Loaded 45 Degree Leg Press - Whether you're a bodybuilder, powerlifter or professional athlete, the angled leg press is one of the most important training tools there is when it comes to building explosive power, mass and overall development in the lower body. A leg press provides a powerful leg training alternative to squats that allows you to mix up your training to insure consistent gains. For those with lower back injuries, such as herniated discs, a leg press can become a barbell squat replacement that still allows the user to perform mass building exercises if proper precautions are taken. Walk into any school weight room, professional sports team gym or military fitness facility and you'd be hard pressed to find any of these locations that does not have a leg press of some sort whether that be a plate loaded leg press or a selectorized leg press with weight stack.
Why choose the Legend 3122 leg press? The Legend 3122 is a smooth operator featuring an 85 lb. footplate carriage that travels at a 45 degree angle utilizing commercial linear bearings and steel alloy guide rods that are case hardened for years of high performance. The large polished aluminum footplate is made from heavy polished aluminum with a diamond plate pattern that offers years of sure footing. Getting in and out of the 3122 is made easy with the integrated footplate handles. The back pad can be adjusted via a pop-pin allowing for a 38° 33°and 28° angle for increased user comfort during the heaviest lifts. Heavy lifters will be able to pile the plates high and deep with the 15" long weight sleeves. Still need more room for plates? We can add a third 15" sleeve in the center for a small upcharge! And last but not least is the construction of the Legend linear leg press. At a shipped weight of 620 lbs. most of that comes from USA Made and Fabricated 11 gauge structural steel in both 3" x 3" and 4" x 2" sizes.
What is the actual amount of force generated on a 45 degree leg press? Ever load up the leg press and think to yourself, I wonder how much weight this actually is.? As you can imagine, both the angle of the leg press and the absence of hoisting your own body weight, as when performing a squat, allows the lifter to pack a lot of 45 lb. plates on the leg press. If you add ten 45s to each side (20 total) does this mean you're actually lifting 900 lbs.? Yes and no. Technically yes you are lifting that much weight but you have to take into account that the leg press carriage is not sliding up and down at a 90 degree angle but rather at a 45 degree angle. This angle reduces the actual amount of force having to be applied to lift these plates. So how do you figure out the actual amount of force? Lets take our 900 lb. example above. Multiply the amount of weight added (900 lbs.) x 0.707 (71% of force based on a 45° angle) and you get 636.3 lbs. Still, you'll find this amount of weight to be quite a bit more than your squat. But what happens when you figure in your bodyweight? Say you weigh 200 lbs. and you subtract 200 lbs. from your actual 636.3 lbs. which now equals 436.3 lbs. Now the difference in actual applied force between the leg press and the barbell squat probably makes a bit more sense!
Purchase a Legend Fitness Commercial Quality Leg Press on GSA contract - All plate loaded strength equipment by Legend Fitness can be purchased from Ironcompany on GSA Contract GS-07F-0104M and CMAS Contract 4-12-78-0066A.
Have a question about this item or need a quick custom quote? Call an Ironcompany.com Legend Strength Equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Legend Fitness 3122 Linear Bearing Leg Press:
- Dimensions: 89.5" L x 66.5" W x 58"
- Frame Construction: Heavy 11-gauge 3" x 3" and 4" x 2" steel construction designed using CAD software to minimize the use of bolts and fasteners
- Frame Fabrication: Welded and bolted with hardware that meets ANSI B18.3 specifications for maximum stability and longevity
- Weight Sleeves: 15" long for loading multiple weight plates on each side. Add an additional 15" vertical sleeve for a small upcharge to hold additional plates
- Footplate: #3003 polished aluminum alloy with an anti-slip diamond plate pattern offers proper footing for leg presses and calf raises
- Footplate Handles: Allows for easy entry and exit
- Travel: Weight carriage travels on a 45 degree angle
- Seat Pad Adjustments: Pop-pin adjustments to 38°, 33°, and 28°
- Bearings: High performance linear bearings for super smooth travel on guide rods
- Guide Rods: Case-hardened alloy steel guide rods work in conjunction with linear bearings for long lasting smooth travel
- Weight Plate Storage: 8 chrome plated pegs store Olympic weight plates of all sizes in close proximity for easy loading and offloading
- Safety: Built-in safety stops included
- Scuff Guards: Bolt-on scuff guards included for weight plate storage areas
- Padding: 2" thick rebond foam with 8 lb. per cubic foot density
- Finish: Chip resistant powder coat
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below
- Uses: Installation in the harshest commercial weight rooms is highly recommended
- Product Weight: 620 lbs.
- Shipping Configuration (palletized): 100" L x 46" W x 94" H | 733 lbs. (Freight Shipping Class 250, Over Dimension Applies)
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a Legend Fitness 3122 Commercial Leg Press Machine?:
- Extremely effective at building explosive strength and overall leg development
- Can be used for training the calves
- Can be expanded to hold more plates by adding optional 15 center weight sleeve
- Weight carriage runs on linear bearings and case hardened guide rods not rollers or bushings
- Heavy-Duty, maintenance-free steel frame for unmatched strength and simplicity
- Perfect for performance training, powerlifting and bodybuilding
- Commercial quality and can be introduced to any environment
- You choose frame and seat pad color
Notice: Some Legend Fitness pieces will arrive fully welded and in one piece. It is the customers responsibility to make sure the delivered dimensions of each piece will allow it to be moved to the preferred location in your home or business. Any fully welded pieces can be built to bolt together upon request. This may require an upcharge. Please consult with a salesman if you have doubt before placing the order!
Legend Frame Colors
Legend Fitness offers an awesome variety of upholstery colors. You may select from the top selling colors or any of the custom colors at no extra charge. If you select a custom color, please choose "Custom Color" from the Upholstery Color Option pulldown menu above and note your color choice on the order notes.
Legend Upholstery Standard Color Chart
Legend Fitness Upholstery Custom Color Chart
Click to Enlarge
Please Note: Depending on the type of monitor you use, actual upholstery colors can vary slightly from how they appear on your monitor.
We offer BIG BULK DISCOUNTS on Legend Fitness Equipment Purchases! Please make sure that you email or call for pricing!
Shipping NOT Included
Due to the size and/or weight of this product, this item does not include shipping. If you place an order for this item the shipping cost will be emailed to you within 24 hours and will be an additional charge. We do our best to assure you the lowest possible shipping cost available. If you would like to obtain a quote for this product or multiple products before you order please email us a shipping quote request and include the product(s) Manufacturer, Name, and Part Number along with the ship to address.