Plate Loaded Angled Leg Press | Legend Fitness (3122)
Plate Loaded Angled Leg Press | Legend Fitness (3122) - Whether you're a bodybuilder, powerlifter or professional athlete, the angled leg press is one of the most important training tools there is when it comes to building explosive power, mass and overall development in the lower body. A leg press provides a powerful leg training alternative to squats that allows you to mix up your training to insure consistent gains.
*Weights NOT Included
Plate Loaded Angled Leg Press | Legend Fitness (3122) - Whether you're a bodybuilder, powerlifter or professional athlete, the angled leg press is one of the most important training tools there is when it comes to building explosive power, mass and overall development in the lower body. A leg press provides a powerful leg training alternative to squats that allows you to mix up your training to insure consistent gains. For those with lower back injuries, such as herniated discs, a leg press can become a barbell squat replacement that still allows the user to perform mass building exercises if proper precautions are taken. Walk into any school weight room, professional sports team gym or military fitness facility and you'd be hard pressed to find any of these locations that does not have a leg press of some sort whether that be a plate loaded leg press or a selectorized leg press with weight stack.
Why choose the Legend 3122 leg press? The Legend 3122 is a smooth operator featuring an 85 lb. footplate carriage that travels at a 45 degree angle utilizing commercial linear bearings and steel alloy guide rods that are case hardened for years of high performance. The large polished aluminum footplate is made from heavy polished aluminum with a diamond plate pattern that offers years of sure footing. Getting in and out of the 3122 is made easy with the integrated footplate handles. The back pad can be adjusted via a pop-pin allowing for a 38° 33°and 28° angle for increased user comfort during the heaviest lifts. Heavy lifters will be able to pile the plates high and deep with the 15" long weight sleeves. Still need more room for plates? We can add a third 15" sleeve in the center for a small upcharge! And last but not least is the construction of the Legend linear leg press. At a shipped weight of 620 lbs. most of that comes from USA Made and Fabricated 11 gauge structural steel in both 3" x 3" and 4" x 2" sizes.
What is the actual amount of force generated on a 45 degree leg press? Ever load up the leg press and think to yourself, I wonder how much weight this actually is.? As you can imagine, both the angle of the leg press and the absence of hoisting your own body weight, as when performing a squat, allows the lifter to pack a lot of 45 lb. plates on the leg press. If you add ten 45s to each side (20 total) does this mean you're actually lifting 900 lbs.? Yes and no. Technically yes you are lifting that much weight but you have to take into account that the leg press carriage is not sliding up and down at a 90 degree angle but rather at a 45 degree angle. This angle reduces the actual amount of force having to be applied to lift these plates. So how do you figure out the actual amount of force? Lets take our 900 lb. example above. Multiply the amount of weight added (900 lbs.) x 0.707 (71% of force based on a 45° angle) and you get 636.3 lbs. Still, you'll find this amount of weight to be quite a bit more than your squat. But what happens when you figure in your bodyweight? Say you weigh 200 lbs. and you subtract 200 lbs. from your actual 636.3 lbs. which now equals 436.3 lbs. Now the difference in actual applied force between the leg press and the barbell squat probably makes a bit more sense!
Purchase a Legend Fitness Commercial Quality Leg Press on GSA contract - All plate loaded strength equipment by Legend Fitness can be purchased from Ironcompany on GSA Contract 47QSMA22D08NN.
Have a question about this item or need a quick custom quote? Call an Ironcompany.com Legend Strength Equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Legend Frame Colors
Legend Fitness offers an awesome variety of upholstery colors. You may select from the top selling colors or any of the custom colors at no extra charge. If you select a custom color, please choose "Custom Color" from the Upholstery Color Option pulldown menu above and note your color choice on the order notes.
Legend Upholstery Standard Color Chart
Legend Fitness Upholstery Custom Color Chart
Click to Enlarge
Please Note: Depending on the type of monitor you use, actual upholstery colors can vary slightly from how they appear on your monitor.
Legend Fitness 3122 Linear Bearing Leg Press:
- Dimensions: 89.5" L x 66.5" W x 58" H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 11-gauge 3" x 3" and 4" x 2" steel construction designed using CAD software to minimize the use of bolts and fasteners
- Weights NOT Included
- Frame Fabrication: Welded and bolted with hardware that meets ANSI B18.3 specifications for maximum stability and longevity
- Weight Sleeves: 15" long for loading multiple weight plates on each side. Add an additional 15" vertical sleeve for a small upcharge to hold additional plates
- Footplate: #3003 polished aluminum alloy with an anti-slip diamond plate pattern offers proper footing for leg presses and calf raises
- Footplate Handles: Allows for easy entry and exit
- Travel: Weight carriage travels on a 45 degree angle
- Seat Pad Adjustments: Pop-pin adjustments to 38°, 33°, and 28°
- Bearings: High performance linear bearings for super smooth travel on guide rods
- Guide Rods: Case-hardened alloy steel guide rods work in conjunction with linear bearings for long lasting smooth travel
- Weight Plate Storage: 8 chrome plated pegs store Olympic weight plates of all sizes in close proximity for easy loading and offloading
- Safety: Built-in safety stops included
- Scuff Guards: Bolt-on scuff guards included for weight plate storage areas
- Padding: 2" thick rebond foam with 8 lb. per cubic foot density
- Finish: Chip resistant powder coat
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below
- Uses: Installation in the harshest commercial weight rooms is highly recommended
- Product Weight: 620 lbs.
- Shipping Configuration (palletized): 100" L x 46" W x 94" H | 733 lbs. (Freight Shipping Class 250, Over Dimension Applies)
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a Legend Fitness 3122 Commercial Leg Press Machine?:
- Extremely effective at building explosive strength and overall leg development
- Can be used for training the calves
- Can be expanded to hold more plates by adding optional 15 center weight sleeve
- Weight carriage runs on linear bearings and case hardened guide rods not rollers or bushings
- Heavy-Duty, maintenance-free steel frame for unmatched strength and simplicity
- Perfect for performance training, powerlifting and bodybuilding
- Commercial quality and can be introduced to any environment
- You choose frame and seat pad color
Notice: Some Legend Fitness pieces will arrive fully welded and in one piece. It is the customers responsibility to make sure the delivered dimensions of each piece will allow it to be moved to the preferred location in your home or business. Please consult with a salesman if you have doubt before placing the order!
Legend Fitness Warranty:
Legend Fitness warrants to the original purchaser that Legend Fitness equipment will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the following periods and in the following respects:
- Structural Frames1 (excluding powder coat): 15-Years
- Bronze Bushings, Pillow Block Bearings, & Pulleys: 5-Years (excluding Rugby and Speedway)
- Platforms: 1-Year (excluding Varsity, Rugby and Speedway)
- Wood/Foam Plyo Boxes: 1-Year (Performance Series only)
- Other Components2 (specified below): 1-Year (excluding Rugby)
- Wear Items & Soft Components3 (specified below): 90-Days (excluding Rugby)
- Upholstery: 90-Days
- Legend Fitness Barbells: 2-Years (Performance Series only)
- Electronics: 120-Days (Speedway Circuit only)
- Handles, Grips, & Accessories Not Manufactured By Legend Fitness: Refer to Applicable Manufacturer Warranty
1 Frames are defined as the welded structural element of the product, but not any removable fasteners, parts or powder coat finishes.
2 Includes ABS scuff guards, adder plates, aluminum diamond plates, ball bearings, cables, cable retainers, chains, chrome finishes, docking spacers, flex tube (covers raw shafts), guide rods, fasteners, linear bearings, linear rods, Monster Hook wear surfaces, placard spacers, platform rubber, pop pins, powder coating, roller bearings, rubber bumpers, rubber donuts, rubber grommets, rubber saddles (for pro style dumbbell racks), selector pins, shaft collars, snap links, snap rings, springs, thrust bearings, toe stops, UHMW peg guards, weight stacks, wheels, heim joints, and cable assemblies. For Legend Rugby products this also includes the rope portion of pivot handle, pad portion of binding pad, and ground spikes.
3 Includes end caps, end covers, grip ends, foam rubber grips, smooth rubber grips, hole plugs, self-adhesive rubber, spring collars, stickers and decals, grip tape, turn knobs, and removable handles. May include some upholstery.
Legend Fitness’ solution for any of the above warranties shall be repair or replacement of defective parts, or the supply of labor to remedy any defect.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
UNAUTHORIZED SALES AND WARRANTY POLICY
Any sale of Legend Fitness products by an unauthorized source or by any other manner not authorized by Legend Fitness shall void the warranty on the applicable product(s). Authorized Legend Fitness dealers and resellers have the knowledge and training to supply you with Legend Fitness products that best meet your needs and to install those products so that you’ll enjoy their maximum performance. Legend Fitness factory warranty is only valid on products purchased direct from a Legend Fitness Sales Representative or from an authorized Legend Fitness Dealer or approved Reseller.
- This warranty applies to only the original purchaser and is not transferable.
- Under no circumstances will Legend Fitness be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, incidental, secondary or consequential losses, damages, or expenses in connection with exercise products.
- This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective component of Legend Fitness manufacture. Repair or replacement will be at the discretion of Legend Fitness and is the sole remedy of the warranty.
- Use of the equipment in any environment that is subject to excessive temperatures or moisture may void the warranty.
- This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear – including, but not limited to: cables, belts, chains, wearguards, powder coat finishes, upholstery cuts or any other incidental damage as a result of regular use and attrition.
- This warranty does not cover damage that is not a result of a manufacturer defect, including improper assembly, inadequate maintenance, or installation of other parts or components not manufactured or supplied by Legend Fitness.
- This warranty does not cover damage or failure as a result of an accident, abuse, corrosion, use of the device other than its intended purpose, discoloration of paint or plastic, neglect, theft, vandalism, fire, flood, lightning, freezing or other natural disasters, collision, or unauthorized modifications.
OUR FACTORY WARRANTY IS VOID IF
- You purchase Legend product(s) from an unauthorized dealer or reseller.
- You purchase used or pre-owned Legend product(s) from a private party, facility or unauthorized source.
- You purchase Legend Fitness product(s) from an Internet site not authorized by Legend Fitness.
Legend Fitness recommends that you verify if the Dealer or Reseller you are considering is an authorized Legend equipment dealer by contacting the Legend Fitness headquarters. This is especially important when considering purchasing Legend Fitness products over the Internet.
THE LEGEND FITNESS BARBELL GUARANTEE
- Limited 2 year warranty against manufacturer defects or breakage.
- This warranty does not cover rust, bending due to misuse, or any defect caused from use outside the stated functional capacity of the bar.
- Warranty against bending does not cover any bar which has been damaged due to negligent or faulty use, alteration, maintenance, storage or handling by the user. Negligent or faulty use includes abusive dropping of the bar (i.e., dropping the bar on a box, bench, spotter arms or hooks in a power rack, excessive dropping with insufficient or damaged bumper plates, or excessive dropping with iron plates, and similar usage).
Any specific issues or product warranty claims will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Legend Fitness 3122 - Does NOT Include Shipping:
Due to the size and/or weight of this product, this item does not include shipping.
- Shipping Quote: To obtain a shipping quote prior to ordering, please Contact A Sales Rep or email email@example.com.
- Online Orders: Customers placing an online order will be contacted shortly after the order is received for approval of additional shipping costs to your area. Please note, we will not finalize and ship your product without prior approval of any additional shipping costs that were not included in your original order.
- Freight: Freight deliveries are considered "curbside" only and will be delivered on a wooden pallet to a location at your address suitable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Your delivery will include a 24-hour notification to schedule delivery for the next business day and lift gate service only. There will be an upcharge for any additional delivery services (i.e. inside delivery). Customers are required to be available at the time of delivery to inspect the shipment, make note of any freight damage or shortages, and sign the delivery receipt including notes of any damage or shortages.