Competition Olympic Flat Bench Press – Legend Fitness (3906)
Bar and Weight Plates NOT Included
MADE TO ORDER WITH FACTORY LEAD TIME
Legend Fitness 3906 Competition Flat Bench Press – The 3906 Barbell Flat Bench from Legend Fitness is a full commercial rated piece of gym equipment designed for the flat bench press exercise performed under very heavy loads during strength training and competition. Along with the squat and the deadlift, the bench press rounds out the three pillars of power lifting. And, for most gym goers, the bench press is quite literally the "benchmark" of personal strength. The Legend 3906 Flat Bench Press is built specifically with all the right measurements to meet IPF (International Powerlifting Federation) standards for bench press competition. Meaning, the bench length, width, and height, pad surface height, pad dimensions, pad head extension from center, and inside width between bar catch uprights all conform to IPF Technical Rule Book dimensions.
Built to Last. The 3906 Flat Bench Press is over-built from 3-inch square 11-gauge steel which is fully welded at all points to provide the ultimate structural strength and rigidity far exceeding what is needed for the heaviest of lifts during weight training or competition. In fact, the entire bench only has two frame bolts which secure the spotter stand (in the event that the gym owner wants to remove it). Tall bar catch tabs make it easier to rack the weight, especially during final "max" sets when muscles and arm stability are taxed and a quick and safe backwards rack execution is required. Upright posts adjust with secure pop-pin in one-inch increments to allow bar height from 29 to 44 inches, providing the right customized starting position for lift off. Posts and bar catches are chrome plated and feature laser cut hole numbering for easy height identification every time. Polymer wear guards are placed on the inside of bar catches to protect bar knurling, and on the side of the upright posts to protect powder coated finish from scratches due to Olympic plates being propped up against the machine during weight load exchanges between sets. The pad is constructed using 32 oz. vinyl that is double stitched over very dense 8 lb/cu. ft. foam padding, but sized to not get in the way of shoulder blades.
Why is a spotter stand important when bench pressing? Just as a solid bench is a key requirement for lifters when getting under a heavy load, a stable stand is equally important for the person spotting the lifter. The role of the spotter is to be there for the lifter to assist in the event that something goes wrong or if they can't complete a lift, which gives the lifter confidence to lift more than they normally would. A spot can be as simple as two fingers barely grazing the bottom of the bar on the way up, or as all-engaging as a full double-fisted grip on the bar pulling upward with maximum strength. In the event of the latter, spotting with feet on the ground can be very difficult, especially if the bar load is heavy, because all the pulling strength comes from smaller muscle groups such as shoulders and arms. This can put the spotter at danger of hurting his or her lower back, not to mention being unable to pull the weight off the lifter on the bench. By standing elevated at the rear of the bench, the spotter can utilize larger, stronger muscle groups much more akin to those used for a deadlift (back, traps, and legs), providing strength and safety to the spotter and protection to the lifter when a bench press lift "goes south". The Legend 3906 Flat Bench Press features a generous 30" x 18" spotter platform with a diamond plate surface pattern for a sure-footed stance.
Key Product Features:
- Meets all IPF standards for bench press competition
- Bar lift-off height from 29 to 44 inches in one-inch increments
- Chrome plated bar catches with laser cut numbering
- Fully welded frame with bolt-on spotter platform
Purchase a Legend Fitness Olympic Bench Press on GSA contract – All commercial quality bench presses by Legend Fitness can be purchased from IRON COMPANY® on GSA Contract GS-07F-0104M and CMAS Contract 4-12-78-0066A.
Have a question about this bench or need a quick shipping quote? Call an IRON COMPANY® strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527. You can also email email@example.com.
We offer BIG BULK DISCOUNTS on Legend Fitness Equipment Purchases! Please make sure that you email or call for pricing!
- Frame Construction: Heavy 3" x 3" x 11-gauge steel tubing
- Fabrication: Fully welded for maximum stability and longevity
- Padding: 2" thick rebond foam with 8 lb. per cubic foot density
- Spotter Platform: Diamond plate surface pattern for stable footing
- Scuff Guards: ABS plastic to prevent powder coat wear on bar catches and sides of bench frame
- Safety Catches: Fully welded
- Finish: Chip resistant powder coat
- Color Availability: See drop down selection or color chart below
- Bench Headers: Customized padding headers with your embroidered logo are OPTIONAL and available with upcharge upon request
- Two-Tone Upholstery: OPTIONAL and available with upcharge upon request
- Uses: Garage gyms, fitness studios and commercial gyms
- Barbell and weight plates sold SEPARATELY
- Ships fully built, no assembly required
- Proudly Made In The USA
Legend Frame Colors
Legend Fitness offers an awesome variety of upholstery colors. You may select from the top selling colors or any of the custom colors at no extra charge. If you select a custom color, please choose "Custom Color" from the Upholstery Color Option pulldown menu above and note your color choice on the order notes.
Legend Upholstery Standard Color Chart
Legend Fitness Upholstery Custom Color Chart
Click to Enlarge
Please Note: Depending on the type of monitor you use, actual upholstery colors can vary slightly from how they appear on your monitor.
Custom upholstery headers are available for an upcharge
- Dimensions: 59" L x 50.5" W x 54.5" H (at maximum adjusted post height)
- Product Weight: 216 lbs.
- Minimum Adjusted Bar Height: 29"
- Maximum Adjusted Bar Height: 44"
- Pad Surface Height: 17"
- Pad Dimensions: 51.5" L x 12" W
- Pad Thickness: 2"
- Pad Head Extension beyond Bar Center of the Uprights: 9"
- Inside Width (Saddle Gap) between Bar Catches: 44"
- Spotter Platform Dimensions: 30" W x 18" D
- Shipping Dimensions (palletized): 72" L x 51" W x 51" H (Freight Shipping Class 250)
- Shipping Weight (palletized): 333 lbs.
Legend Fitness warrants to the original purchaser that Legend Fitness equipment will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the following periods and in the following respects:
- Structural Frames (excluding powder coat) – 15 Years
- Other Components (ABS scuff guards, chrome finishes, flex tube, pop pins, powder coating) – 1 Year
- Wear Items (stickers and decals) – 90 Days
- Upholstery – 90 Days
- SHIPPING NOT INCLUDED. Due to the size and/or weight of this product, this item does not include shipping. If you place an order for this item the shipping cost will be emailed to you within 24 hours and will be an additional charge. We do our best to assure you the lowest possible shipping cost available. If you would like to obtain a quote for this product or multiple products before you order please email us a shipping quote request and include the product(s) Manufacturer, Name, and Part Number along with the ship to address.
- This Legend Fitness piece will arrive fully welded and / or built in one piece. It is the customers responsibility to make sure the delivered dimensions of each piece will allow it to be moved to the preferred location in your home or business. Some fully welded pieces can be built to bolt together upon request. This may require an upcharge. Please consult with a salesperson if you have doubt before placing the order.
- Pallet Preparation and Handling: Legend Fitness ensures the highest possible care and handling of their equipment while in freight transit via trucking companies. Each piece is secured to the lower pallet with brackets that go over the feet (or lower base supports) and are then bolted to the top of the skid. This prevents the piece from shifting or sliding at all while the pallet is being moved. The equipment is then bubble wrapped and shrink-wrapped to protect upholstery and powder-coated paint finish. Finally, a wooden fence is built around the perimeter of the pallet which helps prevent contact with other palletized items during transit, further protecting the piece of equipment. This special handling can add over 100 pounds of shipping weight per piece to the overall freight shipment, and takes up more physical space inside each truck trailer. When shipping multiple pieces, generally each piece of equipment will ship on its own semi-crated skid, unless the individual pieces are smaller and can be bolted side by side onto a single pallet. While logistics for a fully built machine may be more costly than a piece of equipment that ships "knocked-down" in several pieces inside a cardboard box, the end result is having your American-made investment arrive intact and in the same beautiful condition it was when it came off the factory assembly line at Legend's manufacturing facility in Tennessee.