Proformance Plus Preacher Curl Bench -- Tuff Stuff (PPF-706)
Proformance Plus PPF-706 Preacher Curl Bench - The Proformance Plus Preacher Curl Bench by TuffStuff should be a cornerstone piece of training equipment in your arm workouts. Preacher curls allow you to isolate the biceps, removing any possibility of using momentum by swinging or heaving in order to cheat. Thus, the shoulders and back are taken completely out of the movement, placing the entire training load squarely on the biceps. When contracting under heavy load and forced to do the work by themselves, your biceps are literally compelled to grow. Though commonly called preacher curls in the US, they are often referred to as Scott curls in other countries, so named in honor of Mr. Olympia, Larry Scott, who used barbell, dumbbell, cable, and even stretch band versions for years in building the massive biceps for which he became famous.
The preacher curl bench is as diverse an arm training tool as your imagination. Not only can it be used with any of the above mentioned training implements, you can also employ wide or narrow grips in order to target different heads of the biceps; you can pronate your hands instead of the more commonly used supinated grip in order to target the hard to reach brachioradialis muscle of the forearms; and you can even sit backwards on the seat, using the curling pad to support your upper back while doing various triceps extension exercises with a barbell, dumbbells, or cable attachments. Offering such outstanding versatility, the preacher curl bench is a must-have for commercial and home gyms alike.
The Proformance Plus Preacher Curl Bench is elegantly designed utilizing commercial grade materials from top to bottom. Quality materials include a frame made from 11 gauge oval tubing that is available in six different powder coat colors. Dense padding is covered in thick Naugahyde with sixteen beautiful color options.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Preacher Curl Bench Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 40" L x 28" W x 43" H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2 x 4 x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4 MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Arm Pad Angle: 50 degrees for proper biomechanical bicep isolation
- Bar Uprights: Wide uprights help balance EZ-curl bars during weight changes
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1 premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logos can be installed for an upcharge
- Feet: Includes rubber stabilizer feet to help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industrys highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 70 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
- Shipping Configuration: 48" L x 38" W x 42" H | 110 lbs. (Freight Shipping Class 250)
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Preacher Curl Bench?:
- Versatile piece of equipment that can be used for training biceps, triceps, and forearms
- Angled, extended length seat pad adapts to different height users with no adjustment needed
- Arm pad set to biomechanically correct 50° angle to most effectively isolate the biceps
- Bar holders have a raised lip in center of each tray to minimize exposure and wear to your bars knurling
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- ALL OTHER PARTS not mentioned, one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Looking for free weight benches for your gym or fitness studio? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength training specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt and help offload the individual packages from the tail end of the truck. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification before the delivery is made.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.