Proformance Plus Seated Dip -- Tuff Stuff (PPL-925)
Proformance Plus PPL-925 Seated Dip - The Proformance Plus Seated Triceps Dip Machine by TuffStuff is one of the few machines that boasts the ability to work the chest, shoulders, and triceps in unison, and it is particularly effective for creating that horseshoe-shaped triceps development so many crave. Dips have long been referred to as the upper body squat by those who really know something about strength training. What the authorities mean when they make this slightly unusual comment is that dips target all of the upper body prime movers with the same degree of effectiveness that squats target every major muscle in the lower body. Pat Casey, who in 1967 became the first man to bench press 600 pounds in powerlifting competition, favored dips to build his massive pectorals, deltoids, and triceps. At a bodyweight of well over 300 pounds, Casey strapped an additional 300-plus pounds around his waist for weighted dips.
The Proformance Plus Plate Loaded Seated Dip allows those of us not quite blessed with Caseys natural dipping prowess to work up gradually. Lifters not yet strong enough for dips with their own bodyweight can still obtain all the wonderful benefits the exercise confers by doing this plate loaded version in the seated position. Begin with whatever weight you can currently handle and add gradually over a period of several months. The 8.5 weight horns mean you wont outgrow this piece of equipment, even after youve outgrown all of your dress shirts. Both the seat and the padded leg rollers offer a pop pin adjustment to accommodate users of different heights and thigh circumferences, and the U-Grip handle design allows the wrists to maintain proper alignment throughout entire range of motion. The elegantly simple design means youll have very little maintenance to keep this machine operating as smoothly as the day you bought it for years to come.
Ironcompany.com® is the EXCLUSIVE GSA Dealer for Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL Sports Performance exercise equipment to the military and government. All Tuff Stuff Fitness products bearing the Exclusive GSA Dealer logo above are on GSA contract exclusively through Ironcompany.com® GS-07F-0104M through the GSA Advantage program. For GSA quotes and ordering please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-758-7527.
TuffStuff Proformance Plus Seated Dip Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 63 L x 40 W x 42 H
- Frame Construction: Heavy 2 x 4 x 11 gauge oval tube steel construction designed using CAD software
- Frame Fabrication: Deep penetrating 1/4 MIG welds and Grade 8 ANSI Standard bolts
- Padding: High density EMR urethane foam padding with 1 premium plywood backing
- Naugahyde: Commercial grade upholstery treated to resist bacteria, scratches and stains
- Wear Guards: All Proformance Plus benches come standard with wear guards featuring the TuffStuff logo. Custom logos can be installed for an upcharge
- U-Grip Handles: Permit proper wrist alignment throughout full range of motion
- Pivot Arms: All primary pivot arms rotate on 1 solid Stainless Steel axles with 2 sealed and hidden roller bearings
- Pop Pin Adjustments: Both the seat and the padded leg rollers adjust for lifters of different heights and thigh circumferences
- Weight Horns: 8.5 weight horns are long enough to build massive dipping power
- Feet: Includes steel reinforced rubber stabilizer feet that are pre-drilled for floor mounting and help minimize floor indentation and movement while in use
- Footprint: Low profile design with three-point floor contact that wont wobble
- Finish: Electro-statically applied 8-step powder coat finish includes 5 separate steel cleaning and preparation steps, pre-powder drying step and oven curing finish step. TuffStuff exceeds the industrys highest standards for corrosion control to provide the ultimate protection for customers such as the US Navy
- Color Availability: See drop down menu or color chart below. Custom colors available at an upcharge. Please call or email to inquire
- Uses: For harsh commercial environments on land or sea
- Weight: 145 lbs.
- Assembly: Some assembly may be required
- Government Purchase: Available for purchase through Ironcompany.com contracts GSA GS-07F-0104M and CMAS 4-12-78-0066A
- Proudly Made In The USA
What are the benefits of purchasing a TuffStuff Proformance Seated Dip?:
- Plate loaded dips are perfect for those not yet strong enough to dip with their own bodyweight
- Work your chest, shoulders, and triceps like few other exercises can for maximum size and strength
- U-Grip Handles permit proper wrist alignment throughout full range of motion
- Seat and padded leg rollers adjust with pop pin for lifters of different heights and thigh circumferences
- Built to withstand harsh environments including those that include salt air
- You choose frame and padding colors
All Tuff Stuff Fitness Proformance Plus and PRO-XL exercise equipment exceeds the minimum neutral salt spray corrosion testing requirements as specified by the US Navy.
Click here to see the Neutral Salt Spray Laboratory Testing Report
- 10 YEARS: Frames, welds, cams and weight plates.
- 5 YEARS: Pivot bearings, pulleys, bushings, gas shocks and guide rods.
- 1 YEAR: Belts, linear bearings and pull-pin components.
- 6 MONTHS: Upholstery, cables, finish,and rubber grips.
Need to make a large purchase of plate loaded strength equipment for a fitness room or commercial gym? Contact an Ironcompany.com strength equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be home at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.
Territory restrictions apply. Not available in all markets.