RMT Club - Rotational Movement Training Club – WeckMethod (RMT-CLUB)
RMT Club Sizes: 2, 4, 6, 8 lbs.
Sold as Single Clubs
Improves Rotation, Mobility, Balance, Agility, and Power
CURRENT LEAD TIME 4-8 WEEKS
RMT Club Rotational Movement Training Club – The RMT® Club by WeckMethod is a functional strength training club used during Rotational Movement Training® (or RMT) to enhance athletic movement, mobility, and total body conditioning. The unique design of the RMT Club incorporates a flexible, durable club head, allowing it to absorb maximum impact for high-intensity training while simultaneously reducing the chance of injury and protecting your gym from wear and tear. Its strong handle allows for high-intensity swings in multiple directions as well as fluid, continuous movement patterns. The RMT Club also contains an internal shifting weight that can be used as a counter weight, for added dynamic resistance when accelerating and decelerating, or as audible feedback to cue and enhance movement patterns using sound (resistance) or no sound (fluidity).
Simplicity and functionality are the RMT Club's greatest strengths. It is easy to transport and store, can be used virtually anywhere, and the workouts make you feel good, helping you de-stress and let off steam while developing and coordinating your strength, power, and total body movement mechanics. It enables you to seamlessly combine skill-based moves with high intensity exercises to make you a better athlete and improve your body composition and fitness level. The goal of training with the RMT Club is to move in perfect harmony and balance from the center of the body, down to the feet, and all the way up through the hands for a clean transmission of force through all the joints. The result is the ability to run, throw, hit, and do all things faster and better. Combining age-old utility with modern technology, the RMT Club can be used by people of all ages and ability to enhance athleticism, body conditioning, and fitness level, safely and effectively for daily life and activity.
The RMT Club is used by professional athletes and trainers in virtually every sport because of its versatility and unique training benefits. The RMT Club moves beyond traditional iron power clubs, steel clubs, exercise bats, macebells, and wooden Indian for rotational strength training. Its patented design opens new avenues in functional training and improves functional strength, rotational power, mobility, coordination, core strength, conditioning, and balance.
Benefits of RMT Club:
- Perform a wide variety of unique and sport-specific exercises
- Improves functional strength and rotational power
- Improves mobility, coordination, and balance
- Enhances athleticism and movement efficiency
- Unifies and integrates dominant and non-dominant sides
RMT Club Available Increments:
- 2 lb. RMT Club (WMCLUB2)
- 4 lb. RMT Club (WMCLUB4)
- 6 lb. RMT Club (WMCLUB6)
- 8 lb. RMT Club (WMCLUB8)
NOTE: If you are new to using the RMT Club it is recommended to start with the 4 lb. Club and increase weight after you have mastered the movements
Choosing the Right RMT Club:
2 Pound Club
The 2 lb. RMT Club is perfect for youth exercisers aged 12 and under. The 2 lb. Club does not have the same degree of internal weight, so the shift is not as heavy or pronounced, making it gentler on the joints. The movement will have much more smooth precision, which for young beginners is very important due to developing joints which are growing and taking form. The lighter weight helps make sure that the fluidity and movement are absolutely perfect, while at the same time keeps the exercise safe. For adolescent and adult athletes, the 2 lb. Club allows extremely fast motion for sport specific exercises and movements with speed (for instance swinging a golf club, baseball bat, or tennis racket, or throwing a baseball).
4 Pound Club
The 4 lb. RMT Club is the "go to" club which will train anybody in the entire spectrum of exercisers from beginners all the way to elite athletes weighing 250 pounds and heavier. The 4 lb. Club provides the shifting weight that gives feedback to perform very complex patterns, learn them quickly, and continue to perfect them beyond what would be possible without the shift in weight. This club is very safe, so it allows exercisers to move it fast (which is what you want to do). Perform swings with fluid acceleration, direction changes, and fluid deceleration as fast as you possibly can to get the workload power. During a swing the weight inside rests on the back side of the club head (creating no inertia). When stopped abruptly at the peak of a swing, it is not a slow stop but rather an extremely fast stop at which point a split second later the internal weight smashes against the other side giving the movement the jolt of force that makes you more powerful. If just looking to get fit, move better, and feel that primal power of swinging a club, the 4 lb. Club is all you need.
6 Pound and 8 Pound Clubs
When compared to the 4 lb. Club, the differential of 2 lbs. with the 6 lb. Club (or 4 lbs. in the case of the 8 lb. Club) is huge. The reason for this is that the RMT Club is designed with the lightest possible handle with all of the weight thus residing in the club head. So, the RMT club is not a balanced implement, but purposely unbalanced to create a leverage effect. It takes a LOT of work to hold 6 lbs. out horizontally when gripping single-handedly near the club handle end with palm facing down, and even more when holding 8 lbs. The heavier Clubs are for someone who really wants to develop the strength of the forearms and wrists. It is recommended to strategically use the 6 lb. and 8 lb. Clubs to enhance the ability to train with the 4 lb. Club. The same power swing moves with a 6 lb. or 8 lb. Club will be slower and require more strength than the 4 lb. Club. As you build dynamic strength with the heavier clubs and then come back to the 4 lb. Club, the result is that you can now swing the 4 lb. Club even faster since the original swing groove has been better mastered using heavier force. Thus by training with the 6 lb. and 8 lb. Clubs you can get more out of the 4 lb. Club to take your athleticism to the next level. The 6 lb. and 8 lb. Clubs will "tell the truth" with how smooth your patterns are because they will feel much heavier than the actual weight, and heavier than any other 6 lb. or 8 lb. Indian club or similar rotational training tool. With all the weight is positioned at the end, the Club will feel extremely heavy and provide feedback to the exerciser on how well the swinging pattern is mastered.
What RMT Club is best for you?
RMT Club Training Principles (also known as the WeckMethod Principles):
Rotational Movement Training® (or RMT®)
Effectively increasing rotational power while integrating both strength and balance
Non-Dominant Side Training™
Improving the non-dominant side of the body to minimize deficiencies
Establishing and maintaining the correct tension throughout the body, allowing you to express more power and efficiency during athletic movement
Total Body Integration
Creating a more integrated and balanced body from head to toe by enhancing balance, mobility, timing, rhythm, ambidexterity and cardiovascular conditioning
Helping you unify your body by connecting your central core with your hands and feet, which are the parts of your body that actually interact with the world around you most of the time
Looking for balance and core strengthening products for your sports performance gym or rehabilitation center? Contact an IRON COMPANY core training specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Purchase RMT Clubs on GSA contract - All RMT Clubs can be purchased from Ironcompany on GSA Contract GS-07F-0104M and CMAS Contract 4-12-78-0066A.
RMT CLUB FEATURES:
Internal Shifting Weight
The shifting weight inside the RMT Club is comprised of steel shot (very similar to BB's or birdshot) which provides the most fluid, audible and powerful movement possible. This shifting weight creates dynamic resistance, allowing you to engage your entire body, create counter and anti-rotation, and integrate rotational movement throughout the body with strength, fluidity and balance. The shifting weight also provides audible feedback to help cue positioning, create fluid movement patterns (no sound), and intensify resistance when changing direction (sound).
Reinforced Fixed Handle with Rubber Grip
The RMT Club's strong fixed handle can withstand high intensity swings (acceleration and deceleration) in every direction. The RMT Club's 21-inch handle length connects multi-directional movement patterns simultaneously, synchronizes movements between the dominant and non-dominant side, and improves your range of motion. The rubber grip ensures a firm hold on the handle during dynamic training.
Flexible Durable Club Head
Designed to absorb impact, reduce the risk of injury, and protect your gym or home from wear and tear, the RMT Club's flexible head can be struck against a padded surface (recommended) when completing a functional movement pattern, swung very quickly in multiple directions, and used for myofacial release.
- Concaved bottom on club head so club can stand upright when not in use
- Includes Owner’s Manual
- Online Access to digital content:
- Owner’s Manual (PDF file)
- Wall Chart (PDF file)
- Comprehensive FREE Training Video Library
RMT CLUB SPECIFICATIONS:
- MADE IN USA
- Rated for Commercial use and Residential use
- Color: Black
- Length: 21"
- Head Diameter: 6"
- Head Circumference: 20.5"
RMT CLUB WARRANTY:
6 Month Limited Warranty
The RMT Club is designed for intense training, however, it is not indestructible. To avoid damaging the Club, follow the instructions below. Failure to follow these instructions will void the warranty of the Club.
- Strike padded surfaces only – not hard surfaces! When striking with the Club, make sure to hit the Club head only and strike a padded surface with at least 2 inches of padding. DO NOT strike unpadded floors, walls, hard rubber flooring, concrete, asphalt, gravel, or any other unpadded or sharp surface.
- Do not strike more than 100 times in a row. Striking the RMT Club repeatedly without pausing may cause the Club head to heat up and become too flexible, which can damage the Club head. If the Club head becomes noticeably warm to the touch, stop and let it cool down to room temperature before using again.
- Never strike anything with the handle. If you strike the RMT Club directly against the handle, especially on hard surfaces, it may cause damage to the screw housing or handle, dislodge the Club head, or cause other issues.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
The RMT Club has been carefully designed to require minimal maintenance for enjoyable use. To ensure this, it is recommended that you do the following:
- When you first receive your RMT Club, you may notice a flat spot on the club head from the shipping process. This flat spot will round out through normal club use, or you can proactively push inwards on the boundaries of the flat spot to round it out. If the indent is significant, you can re-inflate using the instructions found in the inflation section.
- Keep your RMT Club clean. Wipe sweat, dust, or other residue off the club during and after each use with a towel. Water and a mild soap may also be used to clean the head and handle.
- Store your RMT Club after use. Do not store the RMT Club in direct sunlight, near heat sources, or in freezing temperatures.
- Do not unscrew the RMT Club handle. In the unlikely event the handle screws become loose, carefully tighten back to a firm position. Do not over tighten, as this may strip the screw or screw housing.
During shipping or use, air may escape from the unit leaving an indent, especially with high intensity exercises. If this occurs, here are the steps to reinflate the unit.
- If the indent occurs during use, wait until the unit has cooled down so it is not warm to the touch.
- Find the valve housing located on the portion of the Club head directly below the handle.
- Insert a ball pump (ex. basketball, football or soccer ball pump) into the valve located on the Club head directly above the handle and reinflate. *Pump not included.
- DO NOT OVER INFLATE THE UNIT. Never inflate the Club head so that the unit is unable to stand upright (handle up). The Club head should never be inflated to the point where the concaved portion (located at the bottom of the Club) is rounded or has lost shape. After reinflation, make sure the RMT Club is able to stand up by itself. If not, deflate until the unit is able to stand upright.
RMT CLUB SHIPPING:
- Shipping Dimensions: 21.5" x 7" x 7"
- Shipping Weight: 3 lbs. (WMCLUB2), 5 lbs. (WMCLUB4), 7 lbs. (WMCLUB6), 9 lbs. (WMCLUB8)
- Ships by UPS Ground
- Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
- Additional shipping cost applies to AK, HI, PR
- Shipping to US addresses only (cannot ship internationally)