TrueForm RUNNER Non-Motorized Curved Treadmill – Samsara Fitness (TRUEFORM-RUNNER)
USA-Made for GSA-Approved Purchase
3 Running Surface Options
Samsara Fitness TrueForm Runner Non-Motorized Curved Treadmill - The TrueForm Runner by Samsara Fitness is a manually operated treadmill with a curved deck for enhanced performance during running, jogging, and walking. The TrueForm Runner is a non-motorized machine, meaning you have to supply the power that drives the belt, and there are no limitations for top speed. The TrueForm Runner moves as fast as the exerciser can physically go. Unlike standard electric treadmills, the TrueForm Runner self-powered treadmill features an innovative curved deck that is controlled 100% by the movements and force of the athlete using it. It requires that you maintain good posture, and use your core strength, hamstrings, and glutes to drive the belt backwards. It will help you train by rewarding technically-sound posture, body position, balance, and cadence. The TrueForm manual treadmill is engineered to help the user feel the perfect position and teach the skill of running. Receiving instant physical feedback in just a few strides, users will feel any form deficiencies and have the ability to intuitively learn efficient movement patterns. The TrueForm will force the body into the right position during movement. You simply can't run on it unless you are running correctly. Vulcanized rubber slats provide a firm surface for stable contact and more efficient push-off and gait cycle for healthy, supported form during running. Set your own limits or push right past them. The TrueForm Runner can handle even the most advanced and intense cardiovascular training regimens, creating the nearest simulation of genuine road running.
How is the TrueForm Runner different from other curved treadmills? The TrueForm Runner has a very gentle curve of 2.5 inches from lowest part of curve to the highest point at the front and rear. Some other manufacturers have a curve of 6.5 to 8 inches, allowing the runner to move faster in an easier fashion since gravity is assisting with the movement downward once the foot plants. Under machine-assisted acceleration, the runner is thus falling forward trying to perpetually chase the belt, and running more "quad dominant" with less focus on the posterior. With the TrueForm Runner, you focus more on what's beneath your feet. With a lower curve, the TrueForm keeps you in better dynamic balance with less focus on trying to keep up with the belt. As you get accustomed to running with proper form, the feeling becomes easier and you can go longer distances. The TrueForm forces you to run a bit slower than you might on similar cardio trainers, so focus on the time on the machine, not the distance traveled. Running for time instead of distance is how the heartrate-based endurance community actually trains, and is the difference between exercising for long-term health versus short-term fitness. So, for more fat burning effects, it is recommended to run long and slow. At the same speeds as outdoor running, training on the TrueForm is actually more work, since it results in more muscular recruitment, more CO2 production, more lactate producing, and is more metabolically and aerobically taxing. At the same time, runners will feel less impact stress (g-force stress) than running on a motorized treadmill or outdoors. The runner is required to be in balance at all times, leading to constant core recruitment. Training on the TrueForm Runner results in less stress, more effort, moving better in balance, and moving under proper positioned load to support your own bodyweight. Run strong and stay injury free!
Purchase American-Made TrueForm Runner Treadmills on GSA contract - All Samsara Fitness commercial treadmills can be purchased from IRON COMPANY® on GSA Contract GS-07F-0104M and CMAS Contract 4-12-78-0066A.
TrueForm Runner Treadmill Advantages:
- Low Cost of Ownership
- Made of welded steel and built like a tank
- Overcomes conventional treadmill shortcomings such as wear and friction
- Vulcanized rubber slat belts last over 100,000 miles
- No traditional belt over deck system to be flipped or changed out due to friction
- No motor or electrical components to wear out or be replaced
- Zero electrical consumption translates to significant savings for club owners
- Innovative Design and American Manufacturing
- Engineered and hand built in Chester, Connecticut
- One of the most effective training devices to develop proper running technique
- Innovative slightly curved deck and smooth gliding slat belt are controlled 100% by the movements and the force of the athlete using it
- No complex buttons or settings to worry about
- Helps the user feel the perfect position, whether walking, jogging, or running
- Rewards proper posture, balance, and cadence
- Custom Design
- Only treadmill available with true sport specific tread surfaces
- Enhance your TrueForm Runner with Field Turf or Running Track belts to take your training to the next level
- Available in any color with a gloss or matte finish
- Custom logos can be added to showcase your club identity or brand
TrueForm Runner Standard Features and Specifications:
- Non-motorized, manual operation
- All metal construction inside and out
- Frame: Heavy duty 7-gauge solid steel construction, hand formed and welded
- Covers: Solid metal, 7-gauge steel, hand formed and welded one-piece construction
- Handrails: Thick 11-gauge steel tubing, 2" OD handrails and 6" uprights, formed and welded one piece construction
- Handrail Height: 35"
- Drive System: 106 precision stainless steel sealed bearings and 14 precision machined solid aluminum guide rollers
- Belt Type: Seamless polyurethane, steel radial reinforced
- Tread Surface: Formed vulcanized rubber (bonded Kraiburg thermolast overmold elastomer) manufactured exclusively for TrueForm by Smith and Wesson
- Treads Lower: Fiberglass-reinforced nylon manufactured exclusively for TrueForm by Smith and Wesson
- Pulleys: Turned and tooled solid aluminum
- Paint: Zinc plated undercoat, black textured powder coated finish over steel base frame, uprights, and handlebars
- Curved running surface with 2.5" raise from lowest part of curve in center to highest part of curve at ends
- User defined speed
- No user height limit will accommodate athletes over 7' tall
- User weight capacity up to 800 lbs (walking)
- Running surface: 64" L x 17" W
- Roller pulley diameter: 6-3/4"
- Vulcanized rubber slats (standard) with pebble textured non-slip surface
- Slat dimensions: 17" W x 2-3/8" L x 1/2" thickness
- Additional Tread Surfaces (optional): 5/8" Artificial Turf or Rubberized Running Track
- Treadmill full assembled dimensions: 64" L x 36" W x 63" H
- Treadmill base dimensions (excluding handlebars): 64" L x 31" W x 15" H (will fit through standard 32" interior doorway when disassembled)
- Treadmill weight: 350 lbs.
- Step-up height 12-1/2" at middle of treadmill base
- Urethane wheels and lift handles
- Four adjustable feet to allow level and balanced placement
- Proudly MADE IN THE USA
LED Display Console (standard):
- Digital display shows Pace, Speed, Distance, and Time in bright, easy-to-read blue LED numbers
- Power and Reset buttons on sides of console
- No complicated programs to set the screen simply gives you the vital information you need when you start running
- Powered by rechargeable batteries and includes AC adapter for recharging
Bluetooth Display Console OPTION (upgrade):
Same features as standard LED display console, but also connects with 3rd party apps such as Zwift, VERT, Outside Interactive, and TRUEFORM app
Running Surface OPTIONS (upgrade):
Artificial turf grass surface is bonded to vulcanized slats which align closely together on treadmill curvature to form a nearly seamless running surface. Allows wearing of cleats on treadmill while warming up or training at higher intensity. For field sports such as football and soccer, the TrueForm Runner with Artificial Turf surface will allow athletes to warm-up on the sideline, or stay warm in between playing periods, in a natural running motion which mimics normal body movement and muscle engagement during sports activity (versus using an exercise bike). Standard green grass color (optional colors available by special order).
7.5mm synthetic track surface is bonded to vulcanized slats to create a true outdoor artificial running track experience. Manufactured by ECORE, this running surface combines a 2.5mm durable wear layer made from vulcanized EPDM rubber that is fusion bonded to a 5mm performance base layer. The result is a balanced distribution of force reduction and energy restitution for fitness and conditioning applications. Allows wearing of track shoes with running spikes for sprints, distance running, and interval workouts. Hardwearing, scuff resistant, resilient to spike impact, and extremely durable. Standard red color.
Performance Adapter OPTION (upgrade):
- Designed for explosive high intensity speed work
- Wrap around handrail with tethering system allows athletes to add tension using firm nylon straps or elastic bands for high intensity training (HIT) and high intensity interval training (HIIT)
- 61-1/2" inside distance from rear tether to front handlebar
- Optimal for one-on-one sports performance coaching for concentrated high-speed training
- Tether straps and bands sold separately
- Treadmill weight with Performance Adapter: 370 lbs.
Additional OPTIONS (upgrade):
- Custom frame color
- Custom artificial turf color
- Custom logo decals
- For more information, pricing, and lead time contact an IRON COMPANY® sales rep at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-758-7527
Shipping Dimensions (inside palletized crate):
- 69" L x 42" W x 23" H | 445 lbs.
- Freight Shipping Class 92.5
Warranty - Full Commercial (All facilities regardless of usage):
- Frame - Lifetime
- Treadmill Components - 10 Years
- Belts and Display - 5 Years
- Labor - 2 Years
Looking to make a bulk purchase of non-motorized treadmills for military base or commercial gym? Contact an IRON COMPANY® cardio equipment specialist today at 1-888-758-7527 or email email@example.com.
Shipping cost included within the lower 48 states only
Ships via one of our various freight carriers on a wooden pallet. This delivery is considered a curbside delivery only and will be delivered to a location at your address that is acceptable for a tractor trailer at the drivers discretion. Customers are required to be present at the time of delivery to sign the delivery receipt. On most deliveries, customers will receive a 24-hour notification call and lift gate service.